Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

To win TODAY and at the Festival

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • To win TODAY and at the Festival

    ....thought I’d put up a few PP Specials based on winning today at Cheltenham;

    Galvin and a/r @ 16-1.
    Galvin and NHC @ 22-1 (only 12-1 with Hills).
    Pipesmoker a/r @ 25-1.
    Fusil Raffles and Arkle 33-1
    ChampagneSupanova a/r @ 33-1.
    Ask for Glory a/r 40-1
    Getaway Trump and Arkle 100-1.
    Last edited by Eggs; 23 October 2020, 07:52 AM.

  • #2
    I think this may be useful as it's own thread. May make it easier to track how useful these are and what kinds of prices are available.

    Hope that's okay Eggs?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      I think this may be useful as it's own thread. May make it easier to track how useful these are and what kinds of prices are available.

      Hope that's okay Eggs?
      ...great idea, Kev.

      (Edit; Looks like Pipesmoker & ChampagneSupanova are both n/r).
      Last edited by Eggs; 23 October 2020, 08:05 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Think I'll head down for the Two Farmers Crisps Novices’ Chase, nothing stopping people watching from the public land at the top/side of the course. Wonder how many will have this idea today

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by charlie View Post
          Think I'll head down for the Two Farmers Crisps Novices’ Chase, nothing stopping people watching from the public land at the top/side of the course. Wonder how many will have this idea today
          I was going to do that as i'd booked hotel and train from sheffield with the Mrs.
          i'd even google mapped my route out.
          but shelved it yesterday and wrote the weekend off.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Quevega View Post
            I was going to do that as i'd booked hotel and train from sheffield with the Mrs.
            i'd even google mapped my route out.
            but shelved it yesterday and wrote the weekend off.
            Would have been some trek that! I am 50/50 and I'm 5 mins away

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by charlie View Post
              Think I'll head down for the Two Farmers Crisps Novices’ Chase, nothing stopping people watching from the public land at the top/side of the course. Wonder how many will have this idea today
              Did this a couple of times at Bath during the summer and stood on public land but still got into confrontation with security guards trying to move us on.

              Comment


              • #8
                Good idea for a thread. Interested to see how these do through the season.

                When I was assessing my own festival from last season (during lockdown boredom), these were one type of bet I wanted to keep an eye on throughout the season.

                Was mentioned on here that some were on the Epatante special (at I think 40s?) before she hacked up at Christmas. Cases like this where they are smashed up in the betting in key trials/warm up races worth paying attention to imo.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I’ve had mixed results with these over the last couple of years.

                  Was really happy leaving the DRF at the start of this year having covered Notebook and Asterion Forlonge to win at both - but that didn’t turn out so brilliantly!

                  Had Paisley Park to win the Cleeve and Stayers the year before at 28/1 though so when they do work out it can be lucrative...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Do many Fez winners normally come out of this two day meeting?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by charlie View Post
                      Would have been some trek that! I am 50/50 and I'm 5 mins away
                      The Plough is my normal before and after. Take your wellies, that field and path will be worse than good to soft today Charlie!
                      Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                        Do many Fez winners normally come out of this two day meeting?
                        I don’t think so, The Trials day at the end of January has the reputation for providing the best form for the Festival out of all the meetings beforehand

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                          I don’t think so, The Trials day at the end of January has the reputation for providing the best form for the Festival out of all the meetings beforehand
                          It's a good meeting but not a great meeting, less graded/top handicaps than your standard Cheltenham meeting, nonetheless The Conditional won here last year as did Saint Calvados who was running a great race in the Ryanair...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                            Did this a couple of times at Bath during the summer and stood on public land but still got into confrontation with security guards trying to move us on.
                            That's cos you were naked !

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              ...I thought that 22-1 offered by PP for Galvin & NHC this morning was quite reasonable (given 12-1 with Hills). I must admit to topping up on that. Even had a little of 16-1 a/r offer.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X