Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The ULTIMA Handicap Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RufusFlynn View Post

Excellent summary of the race Kev. Of your 'No hopes' though; the only one of interest for me is Fingerontheswitch.

Only beause: 7/8 last winners have worn some form of headgear, which is a fairly notable stat. Wears cheekpices.
    Also: Millie Wonnacott - has a strike rate of 22% which is decent and is riding pretty well at the minute (from albeit a fairly limited number of rides).

Worth an EW poke if Sky still paying 7 places on the day.
    Yeh I didn't factor the headgear stat in to be fair but I'm still pretty happy that on balance he's not going to be winning the race.

I remember backing Singlefarmpayment 10 places in this race and it not landing

Comment

• Worrying stat for this is the performance of 7 year olds. The only 7 year olds to win this the last 10 years have been G1 level hurdlers effectively thrown in compared to what they had achieved over hurdles.

Comment

• I’ve played the combination tricast, just small stakes.

Happygolucky, Aye Right, Alnadam.

Comment

• The trends point to Aye Right, Pym, Milan Native and Happygolucky and each one has sound form claims in the going. Milan Native seems out of form in his last 2 runs. Pym's jumping can be good or not so good but in value for money order:

Pym/Aye Right/Happygolucky

Comment

• GETIN VINTAGE CLOUDS!!! Tipped him yesterday at 16/1

Comment

• What an old warrior

Comment

• Unlucky chaps a couple of sloppy jumps at a crucial stage made all the difference, not a copper coin myself but no one cheered as loud as me.

Comment

• Sometimes when your horses are being beaten you still cheer for the winner. That was a Vintage (Clouds) performance for the redoubtable Sue Smith and Trevor Hemmings as well as Ryan Mania
                  Bringing back the Mister McGoldrick memories. Try, try and try again!

Happygolucky made some niggling jumping errors at awkward times and had to be ridden to challenge. All the placed horses ran creditably.
                  Better jumping won.

Result:
                  1 Vintage Clouds 28/1
                  2 Happygolucky 100/30
                  3 Aye Right 11/2
                  4 Cepage 14/1
                  Last edited by Supermaster; 16 March 2021, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• The brilliant grey does it. Majestic.

Comment

• One of the horses Trevor Hemmings hasn't sold yet, easy in hindsight ain't it.
                      The owls are not what they seem

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
                        One of the horses Trevor Hemmings hasn't sold yet, easy in hindsight ain't it.
                        I think I’m retrospect this is a good point. The colours have had some decent winners this season.

Diese Aba in the Kim Muir for anyone?

Comment

• **After timing police beware**

Someone mentioned Vintage being a lot lower in the weights and I needed another so told the missus to pick one and she landed on him 28/1.

Comment

• Well done to Spectre, hard to be beat by an outsider, but a brilliant case put forward from you. You deserved the win.

Comment

• Unlucky Spectre - brilliant charge into battle from such a long way out. We certainly got our money's worth.

Comment

• I blame Sue Smith. She could have sent Vintage Clouds to the Kim Muir to win by half the track and for half the money.

Vintage Clouds deserved his win though. He'd run well twice in the race before and looked well handicapped. I think he's had a breathing op too, so he was defintely one to have onside. I though HGL would be the better handicapped of the two, but he needed to jump better, and Vintage Clouds is such a thorough stayer.

It was a really good run for the money though, and the place return was well worth it. I had Vintage Clouds amongst my other bets anyway, and to top it off I landed the tricast, so I can't complain at all. Hopefully plenty made a really good profit on the race just from the place part of bets.

Most of all it was good fun, and it seems like it created a lot of interest in a race that perhpas wouldn't have been there. We'll defintely be looking to land a similar bet next year.
                                Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Working...
                                X