Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The ULTIMA Handicap Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
    Plenty of focus on Aye Right and the form boost Cloth Gap gave him but it seems to have gone unnoticed that Getaway Trump gave the plunge horse a big boost too.
    He couldn't have won any easier yesterday, was given a RPR of 150 and had a pair of 140 (OR) horses 20 and 40 lengths behind...
    You can’t take those beatings literally surely? Yes he won as he liked in the end but the 3 market leaders all made race ending injuries or didn’t finish due to injury.

Thought he did well to win so smooth on such a tight course even accounting for what I said above. Hard horse for many to catch right it seems.

Comment

• Aye Right is a solid ew bet for multiples or placepot but not so much a confident win bet I feel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post

You can’t take those beatings literally surely?
        Of course I'm not, if I did it would make Getaway Trump a 160+ horse which we know he isn't, but the fact he's won comfortably beating good (140) horses for me gives Happygolucky as much of a boost as the Cloth Cap victory does for Aye Right...

Comment

Of course I'm not, if I did it would make Getaway Trump a 160+ horse which we know he isn't, but the fact he's won comfortably beating good (140) horses for me gives Happygolucky as much of a boost as the Cloth Cap victory does for Aye Right...
          Loose that over totally different trips, you in the owners group ?

Comment

• Getaway Trump is a big of a donkey, wouldnt rely on his to confirm form lines

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post

Loose that over totally different trips, you in the owners group ?
              What's loose ? My suggestion Happygolucky was given as much as a form boost as Aye Right ?
              No I'm not an Owners Group member even if came across a Getaway Trump groupie...

Comment

• Originally posted by opatcho View Post
                Getaway Trump is a big of a donkey, wouldnt rely on his to confirm form lines
                I don't disagree but the good people at the Racing Post have yesterdays run at 150 and they know a hell of alot more than me...

Comment

What's loose ? My suggestion Happygolucky was given as much as a form boost as Aye Right ?
                  No I'm not an Owners Group member even if came across a Getaway Trump groupie...
                  The loose was in reference to him winning over a 2m trip, nothing personal at you just a general statement that a horse giving another horse a boost at a similar/same trip is above one at a totally different trip....

Plenty of ex Trump fans on here horse or el presidente no shame in that.

Comment

Think Cloth Cap franked Aye right a bit more.
                    Basically showing that at Newbury he was trying to give a stone in weight to a 160+ rated horse. As it turns out.

Whereas Trump is probably shit in comparison.

Not that any of it matters now anyway.

Money is down.

Comment

• More like Aye, yeah right.............................

My belief is unshakable.
                      Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Winning this off 154 for Aye Right may prove to be an impossible task when the main 3 in the betting are off 147 and unexposed at the trip. He was hammered by Cloth Cap with not much fuss. I don't think him winning again is much of a boost to Aye Right as he didn't lay a glove on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenmanSacre View Post
                          Winning this off 154 for Aye Right may prove to be an impossible task when the main 3 in the betting are off 147 and unexposed at the trip. He was hammered by Cloth Cap with not much fuss. I don't think him winning again is much of a boost to Aye Right as he didn't lay a glove on him.
                          No surprise really considering subsequent form

Comment

• I am reliably informed that One For The Team will now be taking up his entry here. They like him, and think he's a very well handicapped horse who'll really appreciate the better ground.

Not much experience on an undulating track, but definitely worth of consideration.

Comment

• That’s great news!

Comment

• Yes excellent news, I really like his place chances at the very least for this.

Comment

Working...
                                X