Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The ULTIMA Handicap Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Madmoose View Post
    Plus Sky now won’t offer BOG with the extra place races unlike previous years so they might be tight on their prices.
    I read somewhere (honestly can’t remember where) that since Sky introduced the no BOG on extra place races it pays handsomely to bet on the day, with the extra places, and hit the SP button....

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

I read somewhere (honestly can’t remember where) that since Sky introduced the no BOG on extra place races it pays handsomely to bet on the day, with the extra places, and hit the SP button....
      I've been doing this and it has proved profitable so far, especially for the horses at big and midrange prices.

​​​​​​

Comment

Good idea, will think to split stakes and do this.

Comment

• If we get spring ground (increasingly likely given the spell of good weather as forecast for the next ten days or so) I really like One For The Team. He’s been racing (well) in some decent races this season: Kauto Star, and against Next Destination up at Newbury, where he came home with a wet sail. Based on the form of those races, his mark of 140 looks incredibly generous. He’s clearly a good ground horse. That run at Donny was on soft-heavy ground, and it was good to see them not flog him, but ease him down and get a reduction in his OR even.

He’ll have a good jockey on him in Scudamore, and Nick Williams has targetted this race before with Coo Star Sivola. Like him he looks to be heading in to this with a light weight and at least 5-6lbs in hand.

16/1 NRNB seems a good price to me. Especially given the Irish are 0/10 in this race the last decade.

Decs are tomorrow, aren’t they? I’d be surprised if he wasn’t in there with a decent chance of making it in.

The other horse I’d be interested in people’s thought for this, now he hasn’t got a mark to make his original target of the Grand National, is Golan Fortune. Anyone interested. He looks better than a 142 chaser to me too.

Comment

Do you know if stake restrictions still apply to bets struck at SP Istabraq ? Don't think I've ever staked at SP in the past

Comment

• Remastered put up to 146.

Comment

• Originally posted by Another Value Loser View Post

Do you know if stake restrictions still apply to bets struck at SP Istabraq ? Don't think I've ever staked at SP in the past
                From what I have always been told by other bookmakers if you hit SP you are less likely to be restricted...

Comment

• No Coo Star Sivola in here....supposedly.
                  Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 23 February 2021, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    No Coo Star Sivola in here
                    where can we see the entries cod ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post

where can we see the entries cod ?
                      It's not the official entries, but @ryanOTHx on Twitter is the source.

He's usually very reliable.

Apologies, should have made this clear, but I'm work and saw it so posted. I've edited the post now.
                      Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 23 February 2021, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• B365 suspended cash out for the handicaps

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

It's not the official entries, but @ryanOTHx on Twitter is the source.

He's usually very reliable.

Apologies, should have made this clear, but I'm work and saw it so posted. I've edited the post now.
                          cheers.....

Comment

• No Whatmore here apparently.

Comment

• Happygolucky gets an entry.........

Comment

• Rocco into 8-1 with PP.

Vintage Clouds entered also,
                                Prices for him would be interesting.
                                If anyone can ask PP or BFSB, I'd be grateful.
                                They won't entertain me.

Comment

Working...
                                X