Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The ULTIMA Handicap Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post

I have Storm Control for the Kim Muir , after he won at cheltenham @ 3m 2 f .
    Bit too obvious maybe. , but he picked up after getting lonely in front.- @ cheltenham.
    With the Kim muir i just wonder what conditional they’d get on him? Unlikely to be one of the better ones? Either way he’s certainly an interesting horse now he’s been stepped up

Comment

Originally posted by jackh50 View Post

With the Kim muir i just wonder what conditional they’d get on him? Unlikely to be one of the better ones? Either way he’s certainly an interesting horse now he’s been stepped up
      There won't be any Amateur riders at Cheltenham unless last weeks rule change gets reversed.

No amateur riders in "Elite" sport.

The Kim Muir, as it stands, will be for professional jockeys.
      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

I wouldn't be backing anything purely on the assumption that amateurs won't be allowed to ride at Cheltenham. Plenty of time for things to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post

His Warwick form reads PP7P so he obviously hates the place.

Definitely interesting for a festival handicap.
          Run today should negate a couple of lbs of the rise he got for winning too

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post

There won't be any Amateur riders at Cheltenham unless last weeks rule change gets reversed.

No amateur riders in "Elite" sport.

The Kim Muir, as it stands, will be for professional jockeys.
            So , if the race goes ahead , he'll have his regular rider . ( storm control - * if they even go there ).

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
              I wouldn't be backing anything purely on the assumption that amateurs won't be allowed to ride at Cheltenham. Plenty of time for things to change.
              I wonder what price it is that racing allows amateur jockeys back into Elite Sport by mid-March?

I would say its odds-on now, that they won't, and the BHA will just be relieved to be allowed to keep on racing - and see the amateurs being removed from races as a small price to pay to stay 'elite'.
              "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Does anyone how horses fare who were beat in the race previously, but return the following season for it?

Yes I'm looking at you.....Discorama!

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                  Does anyone how horses fare who were beat in the race previously, but return the following season for it?

Been one or two come back and win.

Bensalem.
                  Beware the Bear.
                  UTPT

And a few that have placed a couple of times also.
                  Its a decent race for returning horses.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

Gaultstats:

FESTIVAL FORM - 12 from last 24 placed at least at a previous Festival. 12 hadn't. The Conditional hadn't run before at the Festival but had a CD in October. Beware The Bear previous 4th in this 2018, Coo Star 3rd in Fred Winter 2016. All bar The Conditional and Golden Chieftain 2013 had run at a previous festival. History of horses being placed more than once in this, including Big River (5th 2019 after being 4th) Beware The Bear, Vintage Clouds, Un Temps Pour Tout, Holywell, Our Mick, The Package (3 times), Juveigneur, Irish Hussar, Kelami, Ad Hoc, Unguided Missile, Boraceva. Bensalem may well have been. Discorama 3rd last year, 2nd in NH Chase 2019. Fair Along, 4th in 2011, had been previously placed in a QM and an Arkle. Look for Kildisart, Discorama, Vinndication, Big River.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post

Been one or two come back and win.

Bensalem.
                      Beware the Bear.
                      UTPT

And a few that have placed a couple of times also.
                      Its a decent race for returning horses.
                      Amazing, cheers Q

Comment

• Originally posted by nortonscoin200 View Post

Gaultstats:

FESTIVAL FORM - 12 from last 24 placed at least at a previous Festival. 12 hadn't. The Conditional hadn't run before at the Festival but had a CD in October. Beware The Bear previous 4th in this 2018, Coo Star 3rd in Fred Winter 2016. All bar The Conditional and Golden Chieftain 2013 had run at a previous festival. History of horses being placed more than once in this, including Big River (5th 2019 after being 4th) Beware The Bear, Vintage Clouds, Un Temps Pour Tout, Holywell, Our Mick, The Package (3 times), Juveigneur, Irish Hussar, Kelami, Ad Hoc, Unguided Missile, Boraceva. Bensalem may well have been. Discorama 3rd last year, 2nd in NH Chase 2019. Fair Along, 4th in 2011, had been previously placed in a QM and an Arkle. Look for Kildisart, Discorama, Vinndication, Big River.
                        Nice one NC200, I'll not worry too much about that trend then, and Disco has found himself a place on the team sheet

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

Nice one NC200, I'll not worry too much about that trend then, and Disco has found himself a place on the team sheet
                          Welcome comrade and good luck!!

Comment

• Discorama has a nice hurdles mark, I hope they can exploit that at some point and I would like to see him get an entry in the Pertemps qualifier in Ireland next month.

Comment

• Whats everyone's thoughts on Royale Pagaille for this? 16/1 with hills but shorter for the NHC

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyno View Post
                                Whats everyone's thoughts on Royale Pagaille for this? 16/1 with hills but shorter for the NHC
                                Would have enough weight in this being a novice and if he wins on Saturday he could be in the 160s

Can see Ricci going towards the NH Chase

Comment

Working...
                                X