Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

GRAND ANNUAL Challenge Cup Handicap Chase 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibleo (147) entered for a 2M Handicap Chase at Doncaster on Friday.

Will he be Sky Pirate 2 and win to take his rating beyond 150?
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
      Ibleo (147) entered for a 2M Handicap Chase at Doncaster on Friday.

Will he be Sky Pirate 2 and win to take his rating beyond 150?
      I'm also very wary of prior Handicap winners coming into this race as they have a poor record of then winning another one. Its 16 races or so since a winner of the GA won a handicap chase the same season and in those 16 years 116 have tried so thats 0/116.

Comment

• A friend of mine stated that the Skelton Yard were very keen on Amoola Gold for this. Form got a boost yesterday with First Flow. Just thought I'd mention it. DYOR.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
          A friend of mine stated that the Skelton Yard were very keen on Amoola Gold for this. Form got a boost yesterday with First Flow. Just thought I'd mention it. DYOR.
          Was looking at him yesterday.
          And the other week. Mentioned on here when he lost to Sky Pirate, but he got 3lb for that defeat.

His form is stacking up as solid. With runs tied in with Ibleo, First Flow & Sky Pirate.
          But he's been penalised for it also, and think he's up to 146 now. 8lb for 2 second placed efforts.
          Very closely matched with Ibleo.

He's 20-1 NRNB, but I opted against a bet yesterday for now.
          As he may have just crept up to a mark where he'd be competitive but not have a lot in hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post

Was looking at him yesterday.
            And the other week. Mentioned on here when he lost to Sky Pirate, but he got 3lb for that defeat.

His form is stacking up as solid. With runs tied in with Ibleo, First Flow & Sky Pirate.
            But he's been penalised for it also, and think he's up to 146 now. 8lb for 2 second placed efforts.
            Very closely matched with Ibleo.

He's 20-1 NRNB, but I opted against a bet yesterday for now.
            As he may have just crept up to a mark where he'd be competitive but not have a lot in hand.
            I haven't backed him either Q. I tend to think several trainers will ready one for this race.

Comment

• Might be worth chancing Us and Them in this

Was 3rd last year after similarly poor season and is now 5 pounds lower (if no changes)

Great Festival form as second in Arkle

Still 33s around ....tho had shortened a bit with some incl 365
              Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

• Chances on Cedarwood Road going for this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedy17 View Post
                  Chances on Cedarwood Road going for this?
                  Don’t think you could write it off. Hasn’t got a mark yet. Chris Jones loves a runner at the fez and you’d think Davy would ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerRolllllll View Post
                    Might be worth chancing Us and Them in this

Was 3rd last year after similarly poor season and is now 5 pounds lower (if no changes)

Great Festival form as second in Arkle

Still 33s around ....tho had shortened a bit with some incl 365
                    That second in the Arkle is ludicrouslyflattering though? (I say that as a backer of his in that Arkle and the Grand Annual)...

I do like him.... 5lbs lower and back on the Old Course (scene of his Arkle 'heroics'.... )

I do actually like the idea, in 4 races since that Grand Annual place, he's been beaten 36L, 25L, 25L and a Fall. If he fails, it'll look blatently obvious he's actually just crap

I'm gonna chance him without NRNB or cashout - 33/1 - 5 places with Fred.

I think I'll regret it - has anyone got an update on him? I really should hold off.

Comment

• ARAMAX given opening Chase mark of 141 on his entry at the DRF in a 2M1F Grade B Handicap Chase.
                      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                        ARAMAX given opening Chase mark of 141 on his entry at the DRF in a 2M1F Grade B Handicap Chase.
                        Is that good, bad, ugly ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Good enough to comfortably get him in this race at least!

Comment

• Pretty much the same as his hurdles mark which is predictable. UK handicapper will have his hurdles rating as mid 140s after the Boodles win so I’d say that’s where he’ll pitch it over fences too. Comfortably in the mid range for this race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

I like his chances, and I'm happy with 141. Expecting 5-6lbs from UK capper on top.

Comment

• I like the aramax angle..i do like the fact embitered is entered in the irish arkle though! Hope he runs in that with a view to coming here well under the radar

Comment

Working...
                                X