Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

Supreme Novices Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Well he's 33/1 now I suppose, so better off backing him now than the start of the season.

    Comment


    • Got him in a very tasty looking early season Yankee with some good prices. Can’t bring myself to look at it at the moment because of flinteur. Hopefully he will do something to make me want to glance at it again

      Comment


      • I've got Flinteur covered with free bets only. But I'm actually tempted to add him with cash out before he runs again. That maiden form hasn't been disastrously advertised by the winner and Flinteur done himself absolutely no favours that day, being ridiculously keen and not jumping fluently.

        25/1 with cash out or 14/1 NRMB. I'm just being greedy

        Comment


        • I feel like I say it every year (although I didn’t last year actually) but this looks like the worst Supreme renewal I’ve ever seen. It looks absolutely dire. Metier second fav. Sprinter Sacres brother still being talked about as a contender potentially despite never showing anything worthy of even running in the race.

          Really.. the 9/4 about the favourite is probably a really good price*. The confidence those around the horse seem to have with him makes me thing they think he’s very very very good. And I don’t even think he’ll have to be very very good to win this years running of the supreme.

          *Not that anyone should be taking 9/4 when it’s well known thag bookies take on the supreme fav in the run up to the fez. 11/4 this week with paddy power. Someone might even go 3/1.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
            I feel like I say it every year (although I didn’t last year actually) but this looks like the worst Supreme renewal I’ve ever seen. It looks absolutely dire. Metier second fav. Sprinter Sacres brother still being talked about as a contender potentially despite never showing anything worthy of even running in the race.

            Really.. the 9/4 about the favourite is probably a really good price*. The confidence those around the horse seem to have with him makes me thing they think he’s very very very good. And I don’t even think he’ll have to be very very good to win this years running of the supreme.

            *Not that anyone should be taking 9/4 when it’s well known thag bookies take on the supreme fav in the run up to the fez. 11/4 this week with paddy power. Someone might even go 3/1.



            Just on Metier, I was reading through gaulstats when I couldn't sleep a few nights ago.....

            Single figure 2nd fav, he's flat bred (bad on trends!) and won the Tolworth (also now a 'bad' trend)..... THEN they're considering the Betfair Hurdle, which also (even if he wins it) becomes a 'bad' trend in terms of him winning here.

            So imagine he doesn't win the Betfair Hurdle?! ..... and he's the 2nd most likely winner of the race already?



            I'm going to end up doing my brains in specials on Appreciate It

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
              *Not that anyone should be taking 9/4 when it’s well known thag bookies take on the supreme fav in the run up to the fez. 11/4 this week with paddy power. Someone might even go 3/1.
              Unless he’s incredibly workmanlike or is beat at DRF, he’ll be cut then.

              Comment


              • Really hope willie drops blue lord back in trip at the DRF

                Comment


                • Metier seems to be drifting a little on the exchange, out to 11.5 now.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                    I feel like I say it every year (although I didn’t last year actually) but this looks like the worst Supreme renewal I’ve ever seen. It looks absolutely dire. Metier second fav. Sprinter Sacres brother still being talked about as a contender potentially despite never showing anything worthy of even running in the race.

                    Really.. the 9/4 about the favourite is probably a really good price*. The confidence those around the horse seem to have with him makes me thing they think he’s very very very good. And I don’t even think he’ll have to be very very good to win this years running of the supreme.

                    *Not that anyone should be taking 9/4 when it’s well known thag bookies take on the supreme fav in the run up to the fez. 11/4 this week with paddy power. Someone might even go 3/1.
                    Agreed MoM. When I look at my current slate I get a bit panicked that my selections are awful, too invested in Appreciate It

                    Then I go to oddschecker and think "there isn't actually anything I'd add"

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post




                      Just on Metier, I was reading through gaulstats when I couldn't sleep a few nights ago.....

                      Single figure 2nd fav, he's flat bred (bad on trends!) and won the Tolworth (also now a 'bad' trend)..... THEN they're considering the Betfair Hurdle, which also (even if he wins it) becomes a 'bad' trend in terms of him winning here.

                      So imagine he doesn't win the Betfair Hurdle?! ..... and he's the 2nd most likely winner of the race already?



                      I'm going to end up doing my brains in specials on Appreciate It
                      Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                      Metier seems to be drifting a little on the exchange, out to 11.5 now.
                      People must have read my SLAMMING of him

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by robith View Post

                        Agreed MoM. When I look at my current slate I get a bit panicked that my selections are awful, too invested in Appreciate It

                        Then I go to oddschecker and think "there isn't actually anything I'd add"
                        I'd get Fly Smart added NRNB if I was looking at it now....

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

                          I'd get Fly Smart added NRNB if I was looking at it now....
                          Kevloaf

                          Kev - For info Betfair Sportsbook have Fly Smart priced at 33-1 NRNB for this......

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Nortons who View Post

                            Kevloaf

                            Kev - For info Betfair Sportsbook have Fly Smart priced at 33-1 NRNB for this......
                            Yep, I'm on already from when PP first went NRNB ...

                            I meant I'd get Fly Smart added "to my bets" NRNB if I was looking at it now.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

                              I'd get Fly Smart added NRNB if I was looking at it now....
                              I presume you've heard something from someone that he's entered up soon...

                              Chambers did say he hoped soon i think on twitter.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jack1092 View Post

                                I presume you've heard something from someone that he's entered up soon...

                                Chambers did say he hoped soon i think on twitter.
                                Await the answer to this too!! Fly Smart has been a talking horse for a while now so could be tongue in cheek?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X