Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ice View Post
    What price can people see appreciate it going off on the day ?
    Douvan the shortest in recent history at 2/1, probably won softer races on his way there & was probably a better (though not high quality) supreme? Obviously that last part comes with the caveat it’s still only mid January, but I could see him being around 6/4 maybe, save anything else coming out and winning really impressively. I think it’s certainly looking like the right decision to go there anyway, with 2 strong looking players in the Ballymore in BMG & BO now

Comment

• Originally posted by ToniC View Post

Douvan the shortest in recent history at 2/1, probably won softer races on his way there & was probably a better (though not high quality) supreme? Obviously that last part comes with the caveat it’s still only mid January, but I could see him being around 6/4 maybe, save anything else coming out and winning really impressively. I think it’s certainly looking like the right decision to go there anyway, with 2 strong looking players in the Ballymore in BMG & BO now
      Min went off 15/8 and got beat. Think there was some really poor stat about horses going off shorter than 2/1 for this race, although it wouldn't be one that would bother me I thought I'd mention it anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by ToniC View Post

Dunguib was 4/5 back in 2010, can’t imagine many went off shorter

Comment

• Originally posted by PresentingPercy88 View Post

Dunguib was 4/5 back in 2010, can’t imagine many went off shorter
          He got beat too. An absolute graveyard for shorties

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
            Not sure anyone has mentioned the winner of the Moscow Flyer yet ? Dreal Deal has improved out of all recognition this season and has won his last 5 on the bounce. His latest win was his most impressive where he won in a canter and he's now rated 141. Denis O'Regan has been booked for the ride and he looks to have strong credentials in what looks a pretty weak looking renewal to me. He'll have to win Sunday to book his place at Cheltenham but he looks to have a very good chance.
            Legend ! .

Comment

• Cash out is back open for Fire Attack with Bet365 for the Supreme for those who have it available to them

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

Cue Card and MTOY were both sub 2/1 and beaten too.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

Suppose because most of the graded races and maiden hurdles have slow paces and smallish fields that form doesn't always hold up in the big field and end to end gallop of the supreme

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                    The 2m novice division does seem very poor at this moment in time. AI is starting to look a shoe in to me unless something left field pops out in the next month or so.

Starting to wonder if Gordon will throw Quilixios into the mix as he has a strong Triumph hand. Surely he cant be any worse than the others over in Ireland (barring AI)
                    I wouldn’t be giving up on Ballyadam.

Comment

• Originally posted by barizan View Post

I wouldn’t be giving up on Ballyadam.
                      Certainly got to see him again

Hopefully Gordon feeds him some of the hay he gave to samcro before the marsh chase

Comment

• Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post

Certainly got to see him again

Hopefully Gordon feeds him some of the hay he gave to samcro before the marsh chase
                        I agree we need to see him again but if fails to perform next time GE may need to think outside the box

Comment

• Anyone still like Keskonrisk for this? Didn't do too badly last time out against AI and would maybe seen in better light on better ground. you would think. Will probably struggle to turn the table with AI but could be worth an E/W as he is still a decent price.

Comment

• Yep,i do. Got him any race and topped up for Supreme after last run. Would not put anyone off backing him.
                            Nice paced Supreme on decent ground should see him run his race.

Comment

• If one of Mullins horses or Gordon's would have won the Moscow Flyer like Dreal Deal did today I wonder how many on here would be bigging it up for the Supreme/Ballymore. Not a sound for the winner because of the trainer. Shouldn't work that way should it ??

Comment

• Thats very true, coming from the back like that aswell, hed certainly be getting spoke of in high regard

Comment

Working...
                                X