Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

Charli Parcs ?
    More cold sweats…
    Haha love that horse. I keep backing him , I keep telling myself he'll come good, one day at a big price

Comment

• ….Daryl Jacob on his DRF rides;

Daryl Jacob struck Grade 1 gold on Saturday with El Fabiolo and is looking forward to some more exciting Sunday rides in the Simon Munir and Isaac Souede’s silks.

Comment

• I miss Menorah

Just looking at the first at Sandown tomorrow and assumed it was an error that Chasing Fire was showing at 20/1 for the Supreme.

So got distracted.

First Supreme I remember watching - had the week off for the first time, was balls deep in Dunguib (I only had little baby balls back then relative to the spacehoppers now).... and Menorah won by a head.

Cracking race, ate an entire chocolate trifle to cheer myself up after it as I'd lost 50 quid at 4/5.

Good times.

Facile Vega reminds me of Dunguib.
        Last edited by Kevloaf; 3 February 2023, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          I miss Menorah

Just looking at the first at Sandown tomorrow and assumed it was an error that Chasing Fire was showing at 20/1 for the Supreme.

So got distracted.

First Supreme I remember watching - had the week off for the first time, was balls deep in Dunguib (I only had little baby balls back then relative to the spacehoppers now).... and Menorah won by a head.

Cracking race, ate an entire chocolate trifle to cheer myself up after it as I'd lost 50 quid at 4/5.

Good times.

Facile Vega reminds me of Dunguib.
          Who's your Menorah this year then Kev

Comment

• That'll cheer everyone up Kev

Comment

• ….Mullins on his Saturday runners;

Willie Mullins reflects on a magical Dublin Racing Festival and provides a guide to his Sunday team, including The Gunner Yeats at Navan.

Comment

• Anyone got any decent audiobook recommendations?

Comment

• DRF and the start of the 6 nations = a day on the sofa. It also avoids me having to tune into the action at Goodison Park!

I'm hoping Lossie, Dysart, Mighty Potter and Galopin Des Champs put on a show. Can't wait!

Comment

Anyone got any decent audiobook recommendations?
                    Did you ever watch Garth Marenghi's Dark Place on Channel 4? Matthew Holness (as Garth Marenghi) has written/recorded Terror Tome. Worth a listen if you liked the comedy of Dark Place.

Comment

Anyone got any decent audiobook recommendations?
                      not audiobooks but on a tangential note have any of you read the Jamie Reid books (a licence to print money, days like these etc) rereading at the moment and only a few quid on Amazon a great set of love letters to racing and gambling

Comment

• All Bective Stud horses seem to be NR at Leopardstown today - American Mike, Better Days Ahead, Au Fleuron etc. Not sure why.

Comment

• Anybody know what happens with win today and at chelts bets with those that end up non runners?

Comment

• Originally posted by Many Clouds View Post
                            Anybody know what happens with win today and at chelts bets with those that end up non runners?
                            My understanding from other people's other situations is:

Grey area if placed pre-decs
                            Sky not refunding anything post-decs, WH are voiding post-decs

Comment

• Originally posted by Odin View Post

My understanding from other people's other situations is:

Grey area if placed pre-decs
                              Sky not refunding anything post-decs, WH are voiding post-decs
                              Thanks for the swift reply Odin, done on Willhill Hill about half hour ago so hopefully voided.

Comment

• Bective Stud withdrawn all there's today for seemingly non racing related reasons? 'Stewards permission' according to HRI. Probably worth betting cautious with any of there's for Cheltenham to be honest! It's obviously a while away still but hardly getting ideal preps.

Hope everything's well of course, after the recent loss in the family. So don't take this post the wrong way...

Comment

Working...
                                X