Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atlantic Viking View Post
    Still no Journey With Me Soft in both going descriptions at the Irish tracks on Sunday, was he just balloted out or are they only going to let him loose when it looks like Passchendaele?!
    He wasn't entered on Sunday just on Saturday at Navan over 2 1/2m where the ground is Good

Comment

• Originally posted by Winging The Last View Post

He wasn't entered on Sunday just on Saturday at Navan over 2 1/2m where the ground is Good
      Yep you're right and i'm an idiot. There's nothing really for him at Cork or Punchestown now i've looked properly. Sorry, i'm jumpy about him

Comment

• Originally posted by Atlantic Viking View Post

Yep you're right and i'm an idiot. There's nothing really for him at Cork or Punchestown now i've looked properly. Sorry, i'm jumpy about him
        Don't worry until after the Limerick Christmas festival, that's where Minella Indo made his debut in a Maiden Hurdle

Comment

• Originally posted by Odin View Post

Don't worry until after the Limerick Christmas festival, that's where Minella Indo made his debut in a Maiden Hurdle
          Theres the Lawlors at Naas 2nd week in January as well which Henry could point him at (Bollinger went there) then onto the DRF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Theres the Lawlors at Naas 2nd week in January as well which Henry could point him at (Bollinger went there) then onto the DRF.
            I doubt he'd run at the DRF if he needs it soft given what the ground is usually like there

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

They'd have to get him out quite soon if there to go for that you'd imagine.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post

They'd have to get him out quite soon if there to go for that you'd imagine.
                Its not even the second week of January now, its moved forward to 2nd January - so its tailed onto the Boxing Day to New Year Festivals, at the end of the same week at Leopardstown and Limerick.
                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Anyone know the story behind the Pipe horses at the bottom of the weights in the Becher? Two of the three are miles out of the handicap but all running for the same owner. Seems odd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    Anyone know the story behind the Pipe horses at the bottom of the weights in the Becher? Two of the three are miles out of the handicap but all running for the same owner. Seems odd.
                    Don't the owners have a history of low rated horses running in races on big days when they are attending?

Comment

Anyone know the story behind the Pipe horses at the bottom of the weights in the Becher? Two of the three are miles out of the handicap but all running for the same owner. Seems odd.
                      I thought they ended their interest in racing, must have bought a few this season as I haven’t seen them/their colours for a long time.
                      They copped all manner of abuse when they ran a total pig in the Derby years ago, I think they got rid of all their horses as a result…

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

I thought they ended their interest in racing, must have bought a few this season as I haven’t seen them/their colours for a long time.
                        They copped all manner of abuse when they ran a total pig in the Derby years ago, I think they got rid of all their horses as a result…
                        Are these the owners that forced the rule change in the Derby?

Comment

Are these the owners that forced the rule change in the Derby?
                          No idea mate, but the horse they ran in the Derby was a terrible horse so could well be…

Comment

• Just checked, the horse was called Maidstone Mixture, was beaten 89 lengths which is about a furlong…

Comment

No idea mate, but the horse they ran in the Derby was a terrible horse so could well be…
                              I seem to remember a minimum rating being introduced for Derby runners around 10 years ago but may be getting mixed up

Comment

Just checked, the horse was called Maidstone Mixture, was beaten 89 lengths which is about a furlong…
                                Just looked him up. Won a race at Cartmel two months later

Comment

Working...
                                X