Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Thanks . Interested in which trainer he went to. The Part owner JM does have horses with Henderson I think.
    Just because someone signs for a horse, it doesn't mean they're the new owner. I think Jeremiah McGrath would be the jockey who has a side-line as a bloodstock agent. The other purchaser is possibly Richard Bandey who has a training operation in the deep south.

I wouldn't buy a horse that Elliott was prepared to let go. Even if the owner wants to sell, he will usually buy back at the sales if he thinks there's mileage in it. If they let him go for ?22k, I'd have thought that the prospects are more Chepstow than Cheltenham whoever bought him. Doesn't mean they won't have a lot of fun with him.
    Last edited by archie; 17 September 2021, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• Cheers Archie. Big loss on the horse as he cost ?130,000.00. Strange selling him for so little after winning over hurdles and a chase in consecutive races having also been placed in a Bumper. Perhaps he's tough to train.

Comment

• Eglantine du seiul just got beat at 1/12 at Newton abbot lol

Jumped miles right at every fence and ended up well beaten

Comment

• Being sent out next Wed/Thur so plenty should have them by next weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post

I've only got round to reading it, I am very bias as he is my favourite trainer and would follow his horses alot and have a very good success rate (especially Cheltenham) so as much as I know it was "wrong" I didn't overly judge him and was happy to move on. The interview came across well imo, but that's the thing others who's minds made up who can't or don't want to forgive him probably won't!

Interesting he's mentioned ALL staff have stuck by him too, suppose their loyally should be better than mine and as I have mentioned, have no issues with him.

A few dIgs at those who didn't stand by him who are part of the game, intrigued to know more about that!
            FWIW, I Personally i cannot forgive anyone who did what Elliott did. That image of him sitting on a dead horse laughing along with his mates!!, just cannot find any justification for letting him be in the care of these lovely animals that give us so much pleasure. In my opinion he should never be allowed to have a training license again.
            I really hope those horses that went to HDB etc stay with HDB etc. For me HDB has proven just as capable of producing horses to win the top races, and is obviously a much nicer man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnage at Taunton View Post

FWIW, I Personally i cannot forgive anyone who did what Elliott did. That image of him sitting on a dead horse laughing along with his mates!!, just cannot find any justification for letting him be in the care of these lovely animals that give us so much pleasure. In my opinion he should never be allowed to have a training license again.
              I really hope those horses that went to HDB etc stay with HDB etc. For me HDB has proven just as capable of producing horses to win the top races, and is obviously a much nicer man.
              I suspect there are others who hold a similar view CAT, but just for some perspective, see if you can dig up any interviews with Elliott from 15ish years ago, I remember him sitting in his kitchen explaining that if something breaks in the house he goes without, all money available goes on the horses welfare/equipment.
              It struck me at the time this was someone so dedicated to success and committed to the horses he would be extremely popular in the game.
              None of that excuses the infamous phone call but it did register as a million miles off what I saw in that interview from years before.
              Another indicator for me is that the majority of his owners have stuck by him and there are reputational risks that come with that so perhaps his mistake was a one off and he isn’t this uncaring bully the media painted him to be.
              It would be nice if he volunteered some time/funds towards horse racing charities just to prove his affection for the animals…

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                http://www.mhpublications.co.uk/raci...1st-september/
                Being sent out next Wed/Thur so plenty should have them by next weekend.
                Can't wait. I look forward to this almost as much as the start of the season itself.

I can count on less than the fingers on one hand the number of people that genuinely influence some of the betting decisions I make, and he is one of them. Two fingers are saved for people on here of course!
                Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• I am always happy to see horses i've backed get a mention in MH's book. It's the only one i bother with now,as the guest writers make this the best of the type around. VFM

Comment

• I'm the newest addition to the restricted Skybet club. I'm running out of online options now

Comment

• He uses the FJ forum to write his book .......

Comment

• A morning well spent in Closutton, all the winter horses back in and working. Gets the blood pumping for the new season.

Last edited by Run4Home; 18 September 2021, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Run4Home View Post
                          A morning well spent in Closutton, all the winter horses back in and working. Gets the blood pumping for the new season.

That’s class mate

Comment

• Kabongo nets for Chesterfield today again

Comment

• Originally posted by The Fellow View Post
                              Kabongo nets for Chesterfield today again
                              “Wake Me Up Before You Gogo
                              Who Needs Messi
                              When You’ve got Kabongo”
                              "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Unsure if this is the right thread but is anyone else having issues accessing or navigating around FJ? Keeps saying that the connection is not private for me with each page I click - anyone else getting this?

Class shout again with Kabongo per above post

Comment

Working...
                                X