Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I have a list of disrespectful names that I DM to other members about you.

We could have a poll and pick one?
    Perfect

Is Elegant Escape an available username these days?

Comment

• How about The User Formally known as Faugheen_Machine ?

Comment

• Who would win peak: Altior, Sprinter Sacre or Moscow Flyer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
          Who would win peak: Altior, Sprinter Sacre or Moscow Flyer?
          Sprinter for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
            Sprinter for me.
            I agree with you there. All 3 horses are legends but Sprinter in full cry was a beautiful sight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
              I agree with you there. All 3 horses are legends but Sprinter in full cry was a beautiful sight.
              Sprinter stood around doing nothing was a beautiful sight. Possibly the best looking horse I have ever seen.

Comment

• Sprinter by 7 lengths, Altior a distant 3rd.
                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                  Sprinter by 7 lengths, Altior a distant 3rd.
                  Absolutely love it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kotkijet View Post
                    Sprinter stood around doing nothing was a beautiful sight. Possibly the best looking horse I have ever seen.
                    I made a point of going to the Cheltenham pre parade ring one year, if you can sneak to the front you are within touching distance of the horses and watching Sprinter going round was a unique experience as his muscle mass/make up was so different to anything I'd ever seen before.
                    His colour also gave him a fantastic shine so he was always a beautiful horse to view...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                      I made a point of going to the Cheltenham pre parade ring one year, if you can sneak to the front you are within touching distance of the horses and watching Sprinter going round was a unique experience as his muscle mass/make up was so different to anything I'd ever seen before.
                      His colour also gave him a fantastic shine so he was always a beautiful horse to view...
                      The best chaser I've ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                        The best chaser I've ever seen.
                        It's not an argument/discussion I like get into to be honest SW, so many will make a judgement that includes financial benefit which can skewer judgement.
                        Personally Remittance Man was about as good a horse as I've every seen, certainly the best jumper of a fence I've ever seen, career cut short by injury twice.
                        Sprinter, without doubt, will go down as one of the best chasers of all time, but so will Altior......

Comment

It's not an argument/discussion I like get into to be honest SW, so many will make a judgement that includes financial benefit which can skewer judgement.
                          Personally Remittance Man was about as good a horse as I've every seen, certainly the best jumper of a fence I've ever seen, career cut short by injury twice.
                          Sprinter, without doubt, will go down as one of the best chasers of all time, but so will Altior......
                          Its the way Sprinter took his fences, and coasted, at speed, through races, not based on financial benefit (but I have plenty of favourites that are ).

Both Denman and Sprinter were the best 2M and 3M chaser I've seen, and health stopped them going on from their initial Champion Chase/Gold Cup onto the possibility of new heights - but performed heroically afterwards, despite those health issues.

Its all personal choice, and I certainly wouldn't seek to change anyones personal opinions, nor change my own.

Comment

Yep, I did the same at Sandown before he won his Tingle Creek. I was also at Doncaster when he made his chasing debut. I remember when they were unsaddling, Michael Easterby said to Lightning Rod "That's what a proper racehorse looks like". Felt a little sorry for Lightning Rod but sometimes it is better to hear the truth.

Comment

• Timeforms Greatest Chasers

Highest Timeform Annual Ratings (Jumps - Chasers)
                              212 Arkle
                              210 Flyingbolt
                              192p Sprinter Sacre
                              191 Kauto Star, Mill House
                              187 Desert Orchid
                              186 Dunkirk
                              184 Burrough Hill Lad, Moscow Flyer, Long Run
                              183 Don Cossack, Master Oats
                              182 Azertyuiop, Best Mate, Captain Christy, Douvan, Carvill's Hill, Kicking King, See More Business, Well Chief

Comment

• Didn’t Timeform come out and say some years ago that the Arkle and Flying Bolt ratings given were too high ?
                                It does seem crazy that it doesn’t look like any horse can ever get within 20lb of Arkle...

Comment

Working...
                                X