Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
    More based on his defeat at Kempton, having looked the winner.
    He went too fast.
    Ruby said as much.

Ruby, in particular and Willie, conned Ricci with these two horses as they thought they could win both races by splitting them.

But you're right, when it suited their argument they'd have used the King George as part of it.
    In addition to "Djakadam's flying, best piece of work ever " and "Vautour seemed a bit off but he's win the ryanair "

You can be the stongest stayer ever, but if you go too fast too soon, you'll pay for it.

It's one of the main reasons that classier horses get beat by plodders sometimes. Because, 'They' can go quicker 'They' can over do it - and get caught out.
    Last edited by Quevega; 10 October 2020, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• Didn’t know where to put this, but really interested on a horse today SAINT SONNET For Nicholls, Remember it impressing me in France when it won a listed race. Finished 7th in Marsh last season. Just got a feeling there is more to come this season, and 15/2 a decent price today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
        Didn’t know where to put this, but really interested on a horse today SAINT SONNET For Nicholls, Remember it impressing me in France when it won a listed race. Finished 7th in Marsh last season. Just got a feeling there is more to come this season, and 15/2 a decent price today.
        It has a chance today, but it is a prep for the PP Gold cup handicap chase at cheltenham I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
          Didn’t know where to put this, but really interested on a horse today SAINT SONNET For Nicholls, Remember it impressing me in France when it won a listed race. Finished 7th in Marsh last season. Just got a feeling there is more to come this season, and 15/2 a decent price today.
          This is one of Nicholls days but Q could be right about later targets. His other runner is shorter.

Comment

• The prep thing put me off personally, but that's not to say he can't/won't win.
            The nicholls angle is likely a good one for today.

The other thing that put me off in this race was Bet 365, at one point yesterday had 13 horses priced up between 7-1 and 10-1.

Comment

• For today, in the Silver Trophy I have shortlisted

- Flash The Steel (backed 7/1). Won this last year. I think he could defy the 8lbs. Last years renewal produced a number of winners that season. Didnt stay when going up in trip next time out, and then ran well at the Fez. Think the return to better ground and back to 2m-3f will help
              - Hometown Boy (backed 16 on bex). Ran well against MacFab. Wasnt best positioned at Kempton. I like his profile

Saint Sonnet, prep race for PP. Would have to run out of his skin to win with that sort of weight, being 5 years carrying that weight is a negative. Will watch. Similar to his stablemate, and thats 4.

Also backed Some Chaos (18/1 and 12/1 without Fav). Prep run and carrying no weight today. I think Secret Investor is a small field bully. Bound to be backed - Nichols + wind op + second to Real Steel and Native River. Just prefer the profile of Some Chaos for this

Comment

• Backed Didtheyleaveuoutto in the 2:12

Horse I have down as needing good ground and is short of finishing off strongly and placing in a G3 handicap
                Traveling well in both the Betfair hurdle and Sodexo which are extremely competitive
                He wont face any where the same level of pace in this race today
                Also, keen to see how Jonjo does this season and willing to take a bet here on Didtheyleaveuoutto

Comment

• Having a nosey through today’s cards and noticed De rasher counter is down to a mark of 142. He won the Hennessy last year off 149. After that he went up to 158 was well beaten at Cheltenham, was dropped a pound, then went to uttoxeter a day after The festival and was subsequently dropped a whopping 15lbs after being pulled up. 15lbs!! Not sure I’ve ever seen a horse dropped that much after one run. I am pretty confident that today is a prep run but he’d have to be of interest in the Hennessy of 7lb or less than the mark he won off last year. Anything under 145 would also bring the Kim Muir into play come March. Not that he’d be under 145 if he won the Hennessy.
                  Last edited by Hardy Eustace; 11 October 2020, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
                    Having a nosey through today’s cards and noticed De rasher counter is down to a mark of 142. He won the Hennessy last year off 149. After that he went up to 158 was well beaten at Cheltenham, was dropped a pound, then went to uttoxeter a day after The festival and was subsequently dropped a whopping 15lbs after being pulled up. 15lbs!! Not sure I’ve ever seen a horse dropped that much after one run. I am pretty confident that today is a prep run but he’d have to be of interest in the Hennessy of 7lb or less than the mark he won off last year. Anything under 145 would also bring the Kim Muir into play come March. Not that he’d be under 145 if he won the Hennessy.
                    Hurdles mark ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                      Hurdles mark ?
                      Hahaha of course what a fool!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
                        Having a nosey through today’s cards and noticed De rasher counter is down to a mark of 142. He won the Hennessy last year off 149. After that he went up to 158 was well beaten at Cheltenham, was dropped a pound, then went to uttoxeter a day after The festival and was subsequently dropped a whopping 15lbs after being pulled up. 15lbs!! Not sure I’ve ever seen a horse dropped that much after one run. I am pretty confident that today is a prep run but he’d have to be of interest in the Hennessy of 7lb or less than the mark he won off last year. Anything under 145 would also bring the Kim Muir into play come March. Not that he’d be under 145 if he won the Hennessy.
                        Hurdle rating is 142, his Chase rating is 155

Comment

• Originally posted by SamuelP View Post
                          Hurdle rating is 142, his Chase rating is 155
                          Right you are. Just wrongly assumed today was a chase.

Comment

• Jack Kennedy & Blackmore already in hospital.
                            Not looking good for Davy Russell either.

Comment

Jack Kennedy & Blackmore already in hospital.
                              What s happened??

Comment

Jack Kennedy & Blackmore already in hospital.
                                I didn’t see a repeat of their falls but Davy Russell was being treated for a while and there’s been a delay to the 4.30 race

Comment

Working...
                                X