Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Monkfish to miss the start of the season, as his road to recovery from his tendon injury continues.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
      Monkfish to miss the start of the season, as his road to recovery from his tendon injury continues.
      He’s going to be another Topofthegame isn’t he

      Comment


      • Tendons are the sort of thing I'd expect never really get back to 100% so it's unlikely he would ever get back to his best

        Shame really as he looked a monster in the flogas

        A bit like topofthegame he's almost top big for his own good

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bollinger View Post

          Good luck with your method for the coming season Lobos - the term “horses with guaranteed targets and 90% Mullins”…… good luck selecting your Supreme/Ballymore/Ryanair/Gold Cup/County Hurdle/Champion Hurdle horses there.

          Old Willie himself won’t be finalising that until declarations on Sunday 12th March!!



          That's where the Mullins non bingo chill out pill that is TWAR comes into play for Supreme/Ballymore and the Novice Chases. Some very competitive prices available compared to placing multiple bets in named races.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
            Monkfish to miss the start of the season, as his road to recovery from his tendon injury continues.
            I can't think of many horses who miss a season and then go on to win a grade 1 at Cheltenham. I don't think I can name 5 in the last 20 years! I pretty much write horses off who have missed a year as they rarely come back to their best.

            Comment


            • In the past I have been a bit fast to bet on horses returning from injury and I cannot recall any returning from a tendon injury and winning anything half decent, never mind the Gold Cup. Hopefully he can get back to picking up where he left off (minus the big Monkfish vs Envoi Allen clash that Colreevy won) but I don't see it.

              Comment


              • From October, juveniles/novices required to run at least 4 times (not 3) to qualify for Class 1 or 2 handicap hurdle.

                ^ Interesting move from the BHA...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by RoadToCheltenham View Post
                  From October, juveniles/novices required to run at least 4 times (not 3) to qualify for Class 1 or 2 handicap hurdle.

                  ^ Interesting move from the BHA...
                  That will NOT be to Mullins liking. His County Hurdle, Pipe and Fred Winter horses will have to run much more than normal and will not go under the radar. Even worse news for punters. I'm going to have to take up Golf I think

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Lbur4288 View Post
                    In the past I have been a bit fast to bet on horses returning from injury and I cannot recall any returning from a tendon injury and winning anything half decent, never mind the Gold Cup. Hopefully he can get back to picking up where he left off (minus the big Monkfish vs Envoi Allen clash that Colreevy won) but I don't see it.
                    Actually amazing in hindsight that these two hyped horses with huge futures have never been the same since Colreevy ground them into dust and looked like she could go round again

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Lobos View Post

                      That will NOT be to Mullins liking. His County Hurdle, Pipe and Fred Winter horses will have to run much more than normal and will not go under the radar. Even worse news for punters. I'm going to have to take up Golf I think
                      Is it bad news?

                      It'll be easier for us to figure out what he will run in a handicap and what his 3rd string in the novice hurdles will be

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post

                        Is it bad news?

                        It'll be easier for us to figure out what he will run in a handicap and what his 3rd string in the novice hurdles will be
                        Agreed.......but at a cost. The odds will be vastly reduced as you'll be waiting longer to have a bet. Not good. That said, better to have a 3/1 winner than several 20/1 NR's. At least by backing Mullins runners TWAR I am likely to fall on his County/Pipe winners by default albeit at cramped odds. A winners a winner though !
                        Last edited by Lobos; 10 August 2022, 04:29 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by robith View Post

                          Actually amazing in hindsight that these two hyped horses with huge futures have never been the same since Colreevy ground them into dust and looked like she could go round again
                          That's quite true. The same, to a lesser extent, can be said of Elimay who hasn't had the same sparkle since being beaten up by Colreevy. Fair play she managed to scrape home in a very poor race this year but I suspect Mullins will have another beauty up his sleeve to beat her next March. Step forward Instit.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Lobos View Post

                            That's quite true. The same, to a lesser extent, can be said of Elimay who hasn't had the same sparkle since being beaten up by Colreevy. Fair play she managed to scrape home in a very poor race this year but I suspect Mullins will have another beauty up his sleeve to beat her next March. Step forward Instit.
                            I’m sure I read somewhere (probably on here) that Elimay has had a wind op. So perhaps we shouldn’t write her off just yet.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Cheltenham Novice Chase View Post

                              I’m sure I read somewhere (probably on here) that Elimay has had a wind op. So perhaps we shouldn’t write her off just yet.
                              She has, although I posted it in the other section so it was only for the members to read

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Lbur4288 View Post

                                She has, although I posted it in the other section so it was only for the members to read
                                Oops. Sorry.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X