Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DenmanSacre View Post

He said on Twitter it's not true.
    Fucking fake news.
    Mongerers.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatherjohn View Post
      I've just seen the early any race prices for 2022 with sky...they are ridiculous. interesting to see what hills do as they tend to be better but here is a sample

shiskin. evens
      appreciate it. 2/1
      honeysuckle 5/2
      bob olinger 3/1
      allaho 7/2
      monkfush 7/2

there is no way I want to get involved at those prices now....
      Thing that struck me most about the Sky prices is how big Energumene was by comparison, unless his injury is more serious than I've heard/read he would have to be huge value by comparison...

Comment

• The 620k that Yates spent on Interconnected was the biggest waste of money I've ever seen!!
        Last edited by Winging The Last; 20 March 2021, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Sat here just thinking about next year, and it dawned on my that we currently have no exciting GB horses for the King George, never mind exciting - we don’t have any decent horses full stop over that class/distance

imagine the Irish sent something like allaho over

expect to see the Irish making the trip back for easy pickings

Comment

• I’ve put 2pts on Champ for the KG, I don’t see anything coming through that will challenge and I think Henderson will have to (Surely!) campaign him more next season. His 2m prep showed he can jump at speed

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
              I’ve put 2pts on Champ for the KG, I don’t see anything coming through that will challenge and I think Henderson will have to (Surely!) campaign him more next season. His 2m prep showed he can jump at speed
              last December he was committed to Savills as he said Kempton wouldn't suit. Then he performed badly on the gallops and was withdrawn. He wouldn't have got in anyway with Change in travel because of covid, so I don't see him as a likely runner in the KG

Comment

• Champ should be taken off Henderson and moved to Ireland IMO. Specifically, to Gordon Elliots who knows how to campaign one properly.

Comment

• Originally posted by opatcho View Post
                  Sat here just thinking about next year, and it dawned on my that we currently have no exciting GB horses for the King George, never mind exciting - we don’t have any decent horses full stop over that class/distance

imagine the Irish sent something like allaho over

expect to see the Irish making the trip back for easy pickings
                  I'd expect Willie to bring two over probably Asterion and maybe Allaho if they don't drop him in trip. I've bet Asterion Forlonge at 33/1, I thought his run behind Chantry was decent. Now they've sorted his jumping and his confidence is back I'd like to see them reverting back to front running which saw him to best effect in his hurdling season. Monkfish will be campaigned for the big ones in Ireland, it would make sense to send Asterion here.
                  Long bitcoin, long gold, long silver, long g/s opening day Cheltenham Festival

Comment

• Originally posted by Brooksie View Post

I'd expect Willie to bring two over probably Asterion and maybe Allaho if they don't drop him in trip. I've bet Asterion Forlonge at 33/1, I thought his run behind Chantry was decent. Now they've sorted his jumping and his confidence is back I'd like to see them reverting back to front running which saw him to best effect in his hurdling season. Monkfish will be campaigned for the big ones in Ireland, it would make sense to send Asterion here.
                    He should bring over a jockey also, how many time's did Townend have the door slammed in his face by Blackmore, it may not have cost any race but it cost him momentum at vital stages, did he learn anything, doesn't look like it because it kept on occurring.
                    Last edited by Redbridge; 21 March 2021, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Every year we talk about horses that could come over, but who has been sent recently? Footpad and that’s it

The dynamic changed when Gigginstown moved their horses out of Willies and there was a real battle for the trainers championship. Whether Gordon losing CPS horses will be enough to make it a non contest I would doubt it but I don’t think Willie will take the chance next year.

Comment

• Henry might send envoi

Comment

• Real shame that Cheveley Park won’t be buying anymore NH horses; they’ve massively added to it

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                            Real shame that Cheveley Park won’t be buying anymore NH horses; they’ve massively added to it
                            Is there a quote anywhere for this please? Would be a massive blow

Comment

• Hi guys, new member here!

Was my first Ante-post festival this year but started a bit later than I would of liked, so I was just wondering when all of you start adding selections for the coming festival?

It’s probably been asked before, but seeing as the 2021 festival has just ended it seems about the right time to ask

Comment

• Originally posted by Bramknows View Post
                                Hi guys, new member here!

Was my first Ante-post festival this year but started a bit later than I would of liked, so I was just wondering when all of you start adding selections for the coming festival?

It’s probably been asked before, but seeing as the 2021 festival has just ended it seems about the right time to ask
                                Welcome BK.
                                A number of people are looking at next year before this year has even taken place but certainly the immediate aftermath of one year is the time to look at next.
                                Remember this past 12 months has been an exceptional time in life, the back end of March 2020 when the world shut down for months was the time many got stuck in....

Comment

Working...
                                X