Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Chase 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading that you would have to say the Mares Chase is the least fav of the 3 wouldn't you ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
      Reading that you would have to say the Mares Chase is the least fav of the 3 wouldn't you ?
      Not really, as they probably think she should have another festival win before probably retiring?

It's been said for years this, not sure how anyone would've missed it lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post

Rich Ricci said: "Benie Des Dieux jumps a fence brilliantly but the problem she has is when she jumps, she puts so much pressure on her hind-quarters and has the equivalent of a muscle tear.

I mean, they've only said it quite a few times....

Plus "a season of chasing" when you are debuting in March doesn't exactly leave much of a season left......
        I'd never seen that exact quote.
        But if what Rich is quoted as saying there is actually true then there has to be zero chance she runs.
        knowing you are deliberately injuring a horse because she cant jump a fence without huring herself is dangerous territory.
        very surprised to be honest thats the actual quote followed by what Rich and Willie saying since

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post

I'd never seen that exact quote.
          But if what Rich is quoted as saying there is actually true then there has to be zero chance she runs.
          knowing you are deliberately injuring a horse because she cant jump a fence without huring herself is dangerous territory.
          very surprised to be honest thats the actual quote followed by what Rich and Willie saying since
          OK- well it is so.....

PS, a lot of horses suffer with their techniques, and that's why they have a lot more time between their races. It ain't something new. Listen Dear a horse i was involved in had a similar problem.

Comment

Rich Ricci said: "Benie Des Dieux jumps a fence brilliantly but the problem she has is when she jumps, she puts so much pressure on her hind-quarters and has the equivalent of a muscle tear.

I mean, they've only said it quite a few times....

Plus "a season of chasing" when you are debuting in March doesn't exactly leave much of a season left......
            i guess it is quite confusing when she has reappeared relatively quickly after two of her three chase starts. There was a big gap after her first chase start but not the next two so do you have the date of the quote?

Comment

• If that was actually the case surely they wouldn't even be mentioning the mares chase

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster Booster View Post

i guess it is quite confusing when she has reappeared relatively quickly after two of her three chase starts. There was a big gap after her first chase start but not the next two so do you have the date of the quote?
                13th March 18.

https://www.theirishfield.ie/video-b...battle-354866/

Maybe they thought they'd chance it. Or she didn't show as much ill-effects after Carlisle, who knows? Either way, it's one of the main reasons they've used for sticking to hurdles all along.

She also went onto win G1s over hurdles that year and next, so i guess it wasn't worth risking.

Last edited by jack1092; 22 January 2021, 11:28 AM.

Comment

13th March 18.

https://www.theirishfield.ie/video-b...battle-354866/

Maybe they thought they'd chance it. Or she didn't show as much ill-effects after Carlisle, who knows? Either way, it's one of the main reasons they've used for sticking to hurdles all along.

She also went onto win G1s over hurdles that year and next, so i guess it wasn't worth risking.
                  Great thanks Jack.

Comment

• I'm pretty tempted to have an e/w nrnb double on honeysuckle for the champion hurdle and benie in the mares hurdle

if honeysuckle does win the ICH well and goes to the champion then the likelihood of benie running in the mares hurdle not here goes up considerably

Comment

• Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post
                      I'm pretty tempted to have an e/w nrnb double on honeysuckle for the champion hurdle and benie in the mares hurdle

if honeysuckle does win the ICH well and goes to the champion then the likelihood of benie running in the mares hurdle not here goes up considerably
                      Possibly but not necessarily as he he may feel that he only needs one dart for the mares hurdle W/0 honey

Comment

I'm pretty tempted to have an e/w nrnb double on honeysuckle for the champion hurdle and benie in the mares hurdle

Makes sense FF91.

Would be interesting though to see how that worked out with Concertista there as well. Would he still try and split them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster Booster View Post

Possibly but not necessarily as he he may feel that he only needs one dart for the mares hurdle W/0 honey
                          That's why it's a good bet

with the NRNB I'd just end up with a single on honeysuckle, who if she has just bolted up in the ICH like this hypothetical situation is very hard to seeing out of the places

Comment

If Honey went to the CH I think the likelihood of Benie going mares hurdle goes down not up.

Willie has Concertista who should win it with little competition - why throw 2 darts at it when you likely have the winner if Honey isn't there already.

I think BDD will go the Chase eitherway though.

Rich has already talked about Willie having his eye on the chase which are the last quotes we have seen from him.

Surely something will come out of Closutton soon though as they likely already know the target as if she is going chasing they will be schooling her for that

Comment

Makes sense FF91.

Would be interesting though to see how that worked out with Concertista there as well. Would he still try and split them?
                              Hard to say with willie

since they are different owners and Daryl Jacob will ride concertista I'd say it's less likely

would be more likely to be split if townend wanted to ride both which wont happen in this case

just seems worth a bet with the NRNB to cover my honey/benie and concertista/benie mares hurdle/mares chase doubles

Comment

That's why it's a good bet

with the NRNB I'd just end up with a single on honeysuckle, who if she has just bolted up in the ICH like this hypothetical situation is very hard to seeing out of the places
                                No worries just wanted to make sure you had factored different possibilities first before you parted with your hard earned. Best of luck

Comment

Working...
                                X