Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Chase 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by archie View Post

Exactly. An example of people making 2 + 2 = 347

Where's EnvoyAllen with his basic maths (and calculator)

when I went to school we weren't allowed calculators.

Comment

An example of passing on a direct quote from RR's race planner. Of course, he could be talking utter b******s. You probably know him better than I do, for sure.

Probably about as realible as Willie & Patrick themselves, at this stage of the season, where anything can still happen!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

An example of passing on a direct quote from RR's race planner. !
        The point is that he's saying an entry is likely with zero commitment to that entry being taken up.

Comment

• When are the entries for this?
          Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

The point is that he's saying an entry is likely with zero commitment to that entry being taken up.
            Yeah, of course, and no one said she couldn't still end up in the mares hurdle or somewhere completely different, did they?

It's hard not make some sort of assumption though, when, as Quevega noted, she has an entry in both the Mares Hurdle & Stayers, but Joe Chambers failed to bring up the Mares Hurdle, but brings up the Stayers. It's not adding 4 + 4 and getting 347, it's taking note of what is right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerRolllllll View Post
              When are the entries for this?
              Closes March 2nd
              all details on page 1 of this thread

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

Yeah, I had her down initially for the Stayers, but it would be financially better for myself were she to now turn up in the chase
                Me too. Not that I'm greedy or anything !

Comment

• It would amuse me somewhat, if BDD does run in the Mares Chase after all, and, on merit doesn’t win.

It’s not what I want to happen, but the gallows humour part of me, would find it amusing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
                    It would amuse me somewhat, if BDD does run in the Mares Chase after all, and, on merit doesn’t win.

It’s not what I want to happen, but the gallows humour part of me, would find it amusing.
                    As long as Shattered Love or Dame De Compagnie win I might laugh with you !

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
                      It would amuse me somewhat, if BDD does run in the Mares Chase after all, and, on merit doesn’t win.

Out battled by Salsaretta will end me.

I'll have to have a month off to recover.

Comment

We all know multiple options isn't news, nor is willie leaving it late, but Joe Chambers saying 'mares chase also likely' merits a mention. Might not help much with maths mind, but OP was just saying it was said.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post

We all know multiple options isn't news, nor is willie leaving it late, but Joe Chambers saying 'mares chase also likely' merits a mention. Might not help much with maths mind, but OP was just saying it was said.
                          The ENTRY was likely is the way I read it. The whole conversation would be interesting because, without the question, the answer is meaningless (or 347!).

Comment

The ENTRY was likely is the way I read it. The whole conversation would be interesting because, without the question, the answer is meaningless (or 347!).
                            I read it as she'll get an entry in the stayers but the mares is more likely. Who knows.

Comment

• I've backed her in all the races, all NRNB.

Wherever she goes I'll want her onside.

5/1 - Mares Hurdle - e/w bet to nothing
                              5/2 - Mares Chase - Surely goes off shorter - may only run after a prep race over fences and an entry for a chase this price would go.
                              7/1 - Stayers Hurdle - Looks to be her optimum trip, gets a weight allowance and hard to knock out of the business end?

Get them all doubled with Concertista e/w - or Honeysuckle....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                I've backed her in all the races, all NRNB.

Wherever she goes I'll want her onside.

5/1 - Mares Hurdle - e/w bet to nothing
                                5/2 - Mares Chase - Surely goes off shorter - may only run after a prep race over fences and an entry for a chase this price would go.
                                7/1 - Stayers Hurdle - Looks to be her optimum trip, gets a weight allowance and hard to knock out of the business end?

Get them all doubled with Concertista e/w - or Honeysuckle....
                                Personally I think that WM will play the long game here and wait it out as long as possible, so he can determine which race he thinks BDD will have the best chance of winning. I think many on the Forum have already expressed the view that this is going to be BDD's last Cheltenham Festival, so I'm sure that WM and Rich Ricci will want to go out with a win.

# Mares Hurdle - presumably they are mainly waiting to see how Honeysuckle gets on at the DRF.

# Stayers Hurdle - we know tht Thyme Hill is going straight there but the Cleeve hurdle and DRF are likely to provide further clues. In addition to the long time fancies for this, decisions are now pending on the experienced chasers who could still spoil the party (Champ, Kemboy and The Storyteller).

# Mares Chase - WM has loads of options for this but how much is real quality, so is he looking elsewhere for the likes of Happy Diva, PTKO and whether Nicky is brave enough to send DDC here.

IMO based primarily on the strength of the likely opposition in the 3 races, I would currently opt for the Mares Chase.

Last but not least, has anyone actually heard how BDD is at home. I assume she must be working well to even be in the reckoning. Has anyone heard any rumours or reports at all?

Comment

Working...
                                X