Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Chase 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

I've just had another bet on her after this entry.

She's 14/1, and not a novice, with decent chase form in the book (grade 2 winner).

She's a big price compared to Colreevy at 6/1 and Dame De Compagnie at 10/1 IMO.

If I could only have out of those 3, it'd be Elimay I think.
    Good shout. Another reason for Henderson not to run DDC in it as in same ownership. Ummmmmm. The more I think the more I reckon DDC will revert to the Mares Hurdle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post

Enjoy your beer. Have a couple, in fact, go nuts. You can always reimburse yourself when DDC wins this race.

I think its odds on she ends up here.

Despite hendo directly contradicting himself.
      This Moretti tastes sweeter than it did before your message - Thanks Hardy

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

I've just had another bet on her after this entry.

She's 14/1, and not a novice, with decent chase form in the book (grade 2 winner).

She's a big price compared to Colreevy at 6/1 and Dame De Compagnie at 10/1 IMO.

If I could only have out of those 3, it'd be Elimay I think.
        I've already backed her and will probably do so again at 14-1. The only thing putting me of is BDD but if Elimay wins this week even if BDD comes here I'd be in a place where I could cash for a small profit. Totally agree about her being the stronger pick of Colreevy and DDC, she'd receive 2lbs from Colreevy with the conditions I think as well.

Edit just checked and I've got her backed at only 10s in a few doubles and trebles so may have a single on her at 14s.
        Last edited by taylorch1990; 19 January 2021, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Been away from the forum for a few days and so haven’t posted. Personally.. I thought DDC’s run was pretty decent but no more, no less. However, Benie loses no sleep seeing her.

And.. even more so.. that quote from Hendo doesn’t fill DDC backers with confidence surely?

Benie NRNB. It’s still the best bet in the race at 5/2 for those who aren’t on at 14s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Still no sign of Elfile. She must be gone.
            Looked this morning to try and find news, info, or just any noises at all, can’t find nothing. I have a decent roll up cashout with her and not sure what to do. Was thinking cash and use cash on Elimay, who I also really like for this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
              Looked this morning to try and find news, info, or just any noises at all, can’t find nothing. I have a decent roll up cashout with her and not sure what to do. Was thinking cash and use cash on Elimay, who I also really like for this.
              l did exactly the same a few weeks back. The fact Elfile was not given an entry for the Mares Hurdle says to me she won’t be making the Festival

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post

l did exactly the same a few weeks back. The fact Elfile was not given an entry for the Mares Hurdle says to me she won’t be making the Festival
                That’s a real shame as was really liking her chances for the race.

Comment

• Joe Chambers replying to someone on Twitter "Benie - stayers entry, mares chase also likely."

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    Joe Chambers replying to someone on Twitter "Benie - stayers entry, mares chase also likely."
                    No mention of mares hurdle strange?

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post

No mention of mares hurdle strange?
                      No, nothing. They were the two options only.

Comment

Joe Chambers replying to someone on Twitter "Benie - stayers entry, mares chase also likely."
                        That's exactly how I'd have played it.

Comment

Thanks for posting. Everyone connected to that horse mentions the chase. Ruby did it the other day. Joe now. It's on!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

That's exactly how I'd have played it.
                            Yeah, I had her down initially for the Stayers, but it would be financially better for myself were she to now turn up in the chase

Comment

• Entries are out for the Mares and Stayers, and she's entered in both.

So the only thing to take from the tweet is that the entry in the mares chase is likely, but that's a late closer I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                                Entries are out for the Mares and Stayers, and she's entered in both.

So the only thing to take from the tweet is that the entry in the mares chase is likely, but that's a late closer I think.
                                Exactly. An example of people making 2 + 2 = 347

Comment

Working...
                                X