Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Chase 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's a very odd one isn't he. Why even bother to take her over fences? Not a 2 miler.....not taking on Envoi......not taking on experienced Mares........I presume she's too inexperienced to run in the handicap chases as well. Why not just keep her to hurdles then ? Strange man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
      He's a very odd one isn't he. Why even bother to take her over fences? Not a 2 miler.....not taking on Envoi......not taking on experienced Mares........I presume she's too inexperienced to run in the handicap chases as well. Why not just keep her to hurdles then ? Strange man.
      Hes completely lost the plot this season

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post

Same! What's he playing at talking about the Marsh. Go the mares race you fool!!
        Strange man.

You'd think he'd be happy with Allart & Fusil Raffles for that race.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

Strange man.

You'd think he'd be happy with Allart & Fusil Raffles for that race.
          I wonder if he's all there sometimes

Comment

• The stupidest thing about what he he said... is that if he didnt fancy the Arkle or the Marsh, and she might not be experienced enough for the Mares Chase, but has been ready to run for a while, why hasn't he run her more? This bollocks about there not being any races is just that. Bollocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
              The stupidest thing about what he he said... is that if he didnt fancy the Arkle or the Marsh, and she might not be experienced enough for the Mares Chase, but has been ready to run for a while, why hasn't he run her more? This bollocks about there not being any races is just that. Bollocks.
              So many trainers say there’s a lack of races, or poor prize money, or ground will be wrong, or fences too high, then you get good grade races on decent ground that end up 3 runner affairs.
              Switch the TV to mute is my advice...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

“There’s the new mares’ chase, but that’s not really for novices – after just one run, that would be asking quite a lot.

Just gonna leave that hanging there.....
                Are you using a Henderson quote as some sort of validation of one of your own theories ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post

Are you using a Henderson quote as some sort of validation of one of your own theories ?
                  Doesn't matter who said it first , people in this thread have ignored the fact this isn't a novice race and it's just interesting that a trainer has pointed it out.

I've backed Colreevy, Dame De Compagnie and Elfile though so I should have followed my own advice

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Doesn't matter who said it first , people in this thread have ignored the fact this isn't a novice race and it's just interesting that a trainer has pointed it out.

I've backed Colreevy, Dame De Compagnie and Elfile though so I should have followed my own advice

Same trainer who's been training for over 25 years, that brings a novice chaser out in the middle of January then moans about her lacking experience and not enough races available for his horse. Like the racing calendars changed all of a sudden.

If I was Frank Berry I'd slap him.
                    But he'll probably just get a minor stare.

To be fair, he's not done a bad job over the years.
                    His issue today was he just got warbling as usual.

She'll end up in this race for sure.
                    But will likely run again beforehand.

This horse, Dickie Diver and Champ all leaving it late.
                    Almost like they've all been on some sort of "TREATMENT"

Comment

• Elimay, Shattered Love and Colreevy all entered in Thurles on Sunday. The first two in an open G2 and Colreevy in G2 mares novice.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                        Elimay, Shattered Love and Colreevy all entered in Thurles on Sunday. The first two in an open G2 and Colreevy in G2 mares novice.
                        Still no sign of Elfile. She must be gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                          Elimay, Shattered Love and Colreevy all entered in Thurles on Sunday. The first two in an open G2 and Colreevy in G2 mares novice.
                          Good to see Elimay back over fences. The lack of mentions from Willie had me a bit worried about her.

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post

Good to see Elimay back over fences. The lack of mentions from Willie had me a bit worried about her.
                            I've just had another bet on her after this entry.

She's 14/1, and not a novice, with decent chase form in the book (grade 2 winner).

She's a big price compared to Colreevy at 6/1 and Dame De Compagnie at 10/1 IMO.

If I could only have out of those 3, it'd be Elimay I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                              FFS only just seen this and was already on @ 35/1 with no cashout. Jesus I’m pissed off

EDIT: Time for a beer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topofthegame2021 View Post

FFS only just seen this and was already on @ 35/1 with no cashout. Jesus I’m pissed off

EDIT: Time for a beer.
                                Enjoy your beer. Have a couple, in fact, go nuts. You can always reimburse yourself when DDC wins this race.

I think its odds on she ends up here.

Despite hendo directly contradicting himself.

Comment

Working...
                                X