Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Chase 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sprintersacren View Post
    Thought that was a nice performance from her, I noticed she seemed to jump a little to the left at a couple though when she was really asked up. You would prefer them to jump straight but not too much of a hinderance at Cheltenham. She’ll defo be a player, any quotes after the race? I am assuming this is her target.
    Nico didnt give much away, but said she'd be better at 2m4f. No talk of another run, but Id be very surprised if this race isnt her Cheltenham target.

Comment

• Couldn't back her if she doesnt run again myself

will surely need more experience than one chase run in a 2 runner race

good chance she didn't run again last year to protect her handicap mark

Comment

• She'd probalbly win if there was a Mares 'Novice' Chase. She might even win the Mares Chase, but when you see her as short as 5/1 and nother novice Colreevy as short as 7/2, I'd rather be with the experienced Mares at the prices. Benie's price is just as poor having only had 3 lifetime chases, and none for three years.

I'm fortunate that I backed Dame De Compagnie at 20/1 abd Benie at 14/1 (missed Colreeby), but I wouldn't be touching any now at the prices, an ddeifinitley not DDC with one novicey looking chase under her belt.

Shattered Love bets price 16/1 and Happy Diva best price 20/1 remain the value wtth their experience, ratings, and impressive course and distance records.
        Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• I like DDC a lot but Spectre has called it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post

Nico didnt give much away, but said she'd be better at 2m4f. No talk of another run, but Id be very surprised if this race isnt her Cheltenham target.
            Thanks CCM, lets hope he makes it there o.k though I can't help think she may get done for experience in taking on the older mares. I think they really do need to get another run into her.

Comment

• Originally posted by sprintersacren View Post

Thanks CCM, lets hope he makes it there o.k though I can't help think she may get done for experience in taking on the older mares. I think they really do need to get another run into her.
              I agree. Another run would ne nice. Sure they can get another one into her early Feb somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                She'd probalbly win if there was a Mares 'Novice' Chase. She might even win the Mares Chase, but when you see her as short as 5/1 and nother novice Colreevy as short as 7/2, I'd rather be with the experienced Mares at the prices. Benie's price is just as poor having only had 3 lifetime chases, and none for three years.

I'm fortunate that I backed Dame De Compagnie at 20/1 abd Benie at 14/1 (missed Colreeby), but I wouldn't be touching any now at the prices, an ddeifinitley not DDC with one novicey looking chase under her belt.

Shattered Love bets price 16/1 and Happy Diva best price 20/1 remain the value wtth their experience, ratings, and impressive course and distance records.
                Barring the one obvious mistake I thought she jumped really well. The experience point is a good one, but it bothers me slightly less with DDC. The Mares Chase will be her 6th career start at Cheltenham which is invaluable experience there, albeit not over fences.

Comment

• For those looking at comparisons between some of those heading the market, it's worth drawing your attention to the very first post of this thread. My reading of the conditions appears to suggest that Colreevy would need to carry a Grade 1 penalty of 5lb and that needs to be factored into any equation.

Comment

• Hopefully the three shorties make the market for the more experienced horses and you can still get prices on the day if you fancy them.

Comment

• Henderson being Henderson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                        “There’s the new mares’ chase, but that’s not really for novices – after just one run, that would be asking quite a lot.

Just gonna leave that hanging there.....

Comment

• “The trouble was we couldn’t find a two-and-a-half-mile novice chase for her – there was a lack of opportunities, and she was ready to go."

he is fast becoming one of my least favourite trainers

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                            A bottle of red and she’ll be in Queen Mother, Ryanair, the Lincoln and Singapore trotting festival...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

“There’s the new mares’ chase, but that’s not really for novices – after just one run, that would be asking quite a lot.

Just gonna leave that hanging there.....
                              Even if you factor in its Henderson... didnt like that quote!

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post

Even if you factor in its Henderson... didnt like that quote!
                                Same! What's he playing at talking about the Marsh. Go the mares race you fool!!

Comment

Working...
                                X