Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Chase 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yukon Lil could run well today. 3rd to the horse that finished 2nd behind Envoi last time.

Comment

• Think this all comes down to where Honeysuckle runs.

Comment

• Who knows how it would have unfolded there & colreevy won easily in the end, but scarlet & dove didn’t look ready to go down without fight there. Real shame that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
          Probably one of the few that doesn't fancy Colreevy. I think she will win today, but I'm not expecting anything overly impressive.
          Colreevy did it well. Race set up perfectly and I don't know if we learnt a huge amount. Penalty come March then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
            Yukon Lil could run well today. 3rd to the horse that finished 2nd behind Envoi last time.
            Shows how little Envoi had to do the last day really.

Colreevy just beat some decent 130+ mares giving them 7lb, very easily, and she looks much improved for a fence.
            Shame the other one fell as you never know how it may have panned out.
            But, Very likeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
              Think this all comes down to where Honeysuckle runs.
              Honeysuckle surely a 1000/1 shot to turn up here

Comment

• Originally posted by Dessie the great View Post

Honeysuckle surely a 1000/1 shot to turn up here
                I think he's implying Honeysuckle's hurdle target, affects where Benie Des Dieux goes....and that knock on effect.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post

Colreevy did it well. Race set up perfectly and I don't know if we learnt a huge amount. Penalty come March then.
                  Think she was already carrying a grade 1 penalty for the Limerick win.

Comment

• Colreevy has gone 2nd fav in most lists behind Benie Des Dieux

I think she probably deserves a crack at this even as a novice - trip looks right and this will probably be easier than taking on Envoi Allen in the Marsh?

I see she's 20/1 top price with PP for the Marsh, which indicates she won't go, but I'm going to back that in case Envoi Allen is ruled out or something bananas.

She'd then surely go for that race 'getting weight' than give weight to others?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

I think he's implying Honeysuckle's hurdle target, affects where Benie Des Dieux goes....and that knock on effect.
                      Definitely what I was implying, just lazily couldn't be bothered typing it out

Comment

• Somebody fancies elimay today

Been a huge gamble

Comment

• If you are an Elimay backer you are basically doing backflips over that. Ran a blinder to a very good horse and escaped a penalty

Comment

• I'd say that's a big run from Elimay there.... I think she should be shorter than Colreevy.... let's see what the market says...

Comment

• Perfect performance for Elimay to keep her in this race and close enough to the winner

Comment

• Allaho looked to have a good bit in hand the way he kicked away after the last but elimay has run a huge race there

Shame gavin lynch put her up yesterday and the price went as I never got chance to add her

Comment

Working...
                                X