Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Good attitude, you'd think the way he'd finished that he'll have the tools to deal with the stiffer test?

Looked professional too didn't he (Tritonic)
    Given most of his best flat runs were on gd ground youd think there would be improvement to come on spring ground

wish I had a docket with 50s on now

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
      ...Tritonic now 18-1 with 365.
      ...that didn’t last long, Tritonic into 14-1. Looks like best priced 16-1 Sky.

Comment

• Just watched the Tritonic race back. Initially I wasnt overly impressed with the Triumph in mind but have to say having watched it back I changed my mind and have added. Impressive finish and with better ground I think he still has value at the price.

Comment

• Originally posted by Penzance View Post
          Just watched the Tritonic race back. Initially I wasnt overly impressed with the Triumph in mind but have to say having watched it back I changed my mind and have added. Impressive finish and with better ground I think he still has value at the price.
          Agree I watched the Ascot races back last night and apart from Roksana (who was a class above in her race) Tritonic is the only horse to make up more than a length or so in the straight to win.

Comment

• I'd agree as well. I thought he was quite impressive when the penny dropped that he had to go and win his race.

It's hard to know how good he can be, but for a debut run that he can be expected him to improve for, I think that's up there with the debut's of the best of the Irish horses. His jumping was good too, which is a good sign.

I'm not by any stretch saying he's the Triumph Hurdle winner. He's still got plenty to prove yet, but that was a debut full of potential.
            Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Davy Russell interview on the FF podcast this week, asked who was he looking forward to riding most at the festival outside of Envoi Allen and immediately said Zanahiyr. Confirmed he will be riding him all going well for the festival.

Comment

• Originally posted by PresentingPercy88 View Post
                Davy Russell interview on the FF podcast this week, asked who was he looking forward to riding most at the festival outside of Envoi Allen and immediately said Zanahiyr. Confirmed he will be riding him all going well for the festival.
                Don't think that's a surprise.

When fit, he's ridden for these connections every time? (I think)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Don't think that's a surprise.

When fit, he's ridden for these connections every time? (I think)
                  Yeah, the riding arrangements aside, I thought it was a great vote of confidence to Zanahiyr as perhaps their best prospect. I imagine he would be first preference for Quilixios if he wanted..

Comment

• Originally posted by PresentingPercy88 View Post

Yeah, the riding arrangements aside, I thought it was a great vote of confidence to Zanahiyr as perhaps their best prospect. I imagine he would be first preference for Quilixios if he wanted..
                    Yeah maybe.

I'm not sure it's that black and white in the yard. Jack Kennedy is not a 'number 2', .... he seems to get the Chevely Park hurdlers, and Davy the chasers

Jack having the ride on Quilixos wouldn't surprise me and if he had the choice, it might be he picked him anyway?

It might be a situation where it just fits in nicely that way around without rocking any boats?

I don't think Jack Kennedy is going to dig his heels in about rides, with the ones he already has, and the fact that when Davy goes (which won't be that long) he immediately becomes top dog... I don't think he'll be rocking the boat.

I don't have a point to make here I'm just rambling

Comment

• Fry mulling options as entries revealed for G1 novices’ hurdles at The Festival™ Wednesday, 27 January, 2021 - Entries are unveiled today for the three G1 novices’ hurdles at The Festival™ - the Sky B

Entries

Comment

• Just 4 runners in the triumph trial at Cheltenham

Cabot Cliffs
                        Nassalam
                        Sage Advice
                        Yggdrasil

No Adagio

Comment

• According to Gordon the plan is to run both Zanahiyr and Quilixios on Sunday, his comments on Quilixios I wouldn't forget about him- he's a very good horse. New fav for Triumph Sunday evening.
                          Last edited by Chris; 1 February 2021, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Zanahiyr not entered this weekend. Quilixios leads the Gordy charge

Comment

• He usually sends the one he thinks is his best to the race. But I can't help thinking Zanahiyr has done enough now and Quilixios needs a race, so it may not be that straightorward this season. I hope it is though as I prefer Quilixios of the two.
                              Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                                He usually sends the one he thinks is his best to the race. But I can't help thinking Zanahiyr has done enough now and Quilixios needs a race, so it may not be that straightorward this season. I hope it is though as I prefer Quilixios of the two.
                                That's how I'm reading it Spectre

Three from three for Zanahiyr, freshen up before the festival now.

Comment

Working...
                                X