Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moby123 View Post
    A lot of talk in the Racing Post Weekender about the possibility of one of Gordon's 4yos' being aimed at the Supreme or even Ballymore given the depth he has in this division.
    i mentioned sending Q there on the Supreme thread the other day

Comment

• Seen this about Quilixios, assume he's correct:

Comment

• Originally posted by isitmarchyet View Post
        Seen this about Quilixios, assume he's correct:

Didn't even cross my mind this, that ends that one

Comment

• They did mention on Upping the Ante about the Triumph not actually being a novice hurdle regarding Quilixios no longer being a novice.

Comment

• Originally posted by isitmarchyet View Post
            Seen this about Quilixios, assume he's correct:

Maybe Zanahiyr will be switched then or is he in same boat ?

Comment

• Realistically he’s not going to switch one of his best is he? Both Quilixios and Zan will go here with others dispersing elsewhere surely?

Comment

• Originally posted by Topofthegame2021 View Post
                Realistically he’s not going to switch one of his best is he? Both Quilixios and Zan will go here with others dispersing elsewhere surely?
                Of all his runners I think the one that will not be switched is Duffle Coat. He looks nailed on for the Triumph imo. He's really experienced and battlehardened and has already won at the track and as others have said he'll love the fast run nature of the Triumph and the stiffer New Course . He looks made for the race. Kot made a good case for Gordon's 4yo mare running in the Mares Novice Hurdle and as that looks quite open they may well take their chance. I personally think Gordon has more than enough other horses he can run in the Boodles so if one other is to be switched it'll be to the Supreme.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Of all his runners I think the one that will not be switched is Duffle Coat. He looks nailed on for the Triumph imo. He's really experienced and battlehardened and has already won at the track and as others have said he'll love the fast run nature of the Triumph and the stiffer New Course . He looks made for the race. Kot made a good case for Gordon's 4yo mare running in the Mares Novice Hurdle and as that looks quite open they may well take their chance. I personally think Gordon has more than enough other horses he can run in the Boodles so if one other is to be switched it'll be to the Supreme.
                  I can see Duffle Coat running here too. 3 darts at the Triumph... is that so unheard of?

Comment

• Originally posted by Topofthegame2021 View Post

I can see Duffle Coat running here too. 3 darts at the Triumph... is that so unheard of?
                    Not at all. I think all 3 will run. Hope so anyway.

Comment

• It all depends on duffle coats mark, he has 2 serious contenders already..he may have duffle coat well in for the boodles

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
                        It all depends on duffle coats mark, he has 2 serious contenders already..he may have duffle coat well in for the boodles
                        He’s beaten now rated 146 Adagio 5L carrying a penalty, that won’t escape punishment from the handicapper so I think boodles mark well and truly blown

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post

He’s beaten now rated 146 Adagio 5L carrying a penalty, that won’t escape punishment from the handicapper so I think boodles mark well and truly blown
                          I suppose so, i thought there was no ceiling for this race though? (recently)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post

I suppose so, i thought there was no ceiling for this race though? (recently)
                            Yeh the maximum of 135 was abandoned after 2012 but I doubt GE would want all that weight

Comment

• Do you think hell be bumped up THAT much though on collateral form

Comment

• Duffle Coat showed some proper staying potential in that run at Cheltenham.

I remember watching thinking he had no chance coming down the hill, Power was getting pretty serious with him but he seemed to relish the hill once they turned for home.

Whether he’ll be good enough to stay with the likes of Quilixious, Zanahiyr and any others for that matter as he seemed outpaced that day, but if he can be close enough turning for home again you know he’ll relish the hill.

Comment

Working...
                                X