Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival Roll-Ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Odin View Post

For me, depends how soft it is and how much Longchamp took out of him. I think Snowfall is similarly longer than expected - probably for the same reasons?
    No doubt in my mind he's the best stayer in soft ground but if be worried what his trip to France took out of him. He won nicely that day but it was a real slog.

Hope he wins (I like Kingy) and I'll back him if he drifts in the morning.

Comment

• I wouldn't write Stokes off just yet,
      The owls are not what they seem

Comment

• Originally posted by ToniC View Post
        What do people make of Trueshan’s price for the opener at ascot tomorrow? To me I’m baffled that on all known form he is not a good bit shorter? But I wouldn’t watch or take too much interest in flat racing as a rule, however considering sticking him in a couple of roll ups as like I say looks good value
        He would be odds on if the race was in 2 weeks time and on softer ground

Big question of whether him and strad will have recovered after a very hard race at longchamp

King on trueshan
        “We haven’t done much with him since Longchamp, but he had a little breeze on Wednesday and Dan (Horsford), who rides him every day, was happy with him,” said the Barbury Castle handler.

“We’re under no illusions, it’s only two weeks since the two of them had a hard race, but it’s Trueshan’s last race of the season, so he’s got all winter to get over it.

“We think he’s OK, but we can’t really be certain until we get on the track. We’ve tried to keep him as fresh as possible and we’ll see what happens on Saturday
        Last edited by FinalFurlong91; 15 October 2021, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

You should be safe with the Ashes bet MoM, no Joffra no Stone no Stokes, Jimmy and Broad leading the attack and no spinner.
          They're taking a Lions squad to Oz in case there's a Covid outbreak so they can fulfil tests, this has the look of the weakest England Ashes squad I can remember.
          Good to see you back fella...
          Can see us losing the ashes 5-0 tbh

Their fast bowlers are world class and our batting is village bar root

Comment

• Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post

Can see us losing the ashes 5-0 tbh

Their fast bowlers are world class and our batting is village bar root
            Totally agree, i haven't looked at prices yet but 5 - 0 would be where my money went.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post

He would be odds on if the race was in 2 weeks time and on softer ground

Big question of whether him and strad will have recovered after a very hard race at longchamp

King on trueshan
              “We haven’t done much with him since Longchamp, but he had a little breeze on Wednesday and Dan (Horsford), who rides him every day, was happy with him,” said the Barbury Castle handler.

“We’re under no illusions, it’s only two weeks since the two of them had a hard race, but it’s Trueshan’s last race of the season, so he’s got all winter to get over it.

“We think he’s OK, but we can’t really be certain until we get on the track. We’ve tried to keep him as fresh as possible and we’ll see what happens on Saturday
              I'm leaving all the horses tomorrow who ran at the arc meeting so that could seriously backfire on me !

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                I think it's fairly simple. Putting selections (horse/football, NFL) that are over priced with ante post horses that are over priced will pay off long-term.

If the roll up selections and ante post horse are around the correct price you'll tend to break even long term
                if both are under priced you'll lose long term

It's hard to put a price on the enjoyment these kind of bets can bring though.
                ​​​​​
                This is it, in a nutshell.
                The proper way to do it (value + value) and the reason why to do it (enjoyment)

Although I hate the term Roll up. (attempted roll up is slightly better)
                It's a fucking double, or treble or whatever.
                I've mentioned this before, and the term doesn't sit right with me. It implies certainty in some people's minds, but not mine.

And the amount of after timing of these and other bets in the diaries has made me switch off from these, as there's a lot of balloon blowing going on.
                But it doesn't matter really, as everyone can do what they like and I appreciate everyone doesn't have the time or inclination to post bets in real time, all of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post

This is it, in a nutshell.
                  The proper way to do it (value + value) and the reason why to do it (enjoyment)

Although I hate the term Roll up. (attempted roll up is slightly better)
                  It's a fucking double, or treble or whatever.
                  I've mentioned this before, and the term doesn't sit right with me. It implies certainty in some people's minds, but not mine.

And the amount of after timing of these and other bets in the diaries has made me switch off from these, as there's a lot of balloon blowing going on.
                  But it doesn't matter really, as everyone can do what they like and I appreciate everyone doesn't have the time or inclination to post bets in real time, all of the time.
                  I’m a bit slack with my diary but always go out of the way to add any of these before the first leg runs for the reasons you say

Comment

• Originally posted by ToniC View Post
                    What do people make of Trueshan’s price for the opener at ascot tomorrow? To me I’m baffled that on all known form he is not a good bit shorter? But I wouldn’t watch or take too much interest in flat racing as a rule, however considering sticking him in a couple of roll ups as like I say looks good value
                    I had 5pts at 6/4, cashed this at dinnertime and put 10pts on at 15/8 at teatime.
                    I think he's a good thingish.
                    Baron Samedi would be a concern, as he's a little out of the form loop, and the last race being only 2 weeks back, has held me back from putting more on.
                    I have waivered a bit and may reduce the stakes in the morning and put him in the first leg of one or 2 doubles instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                      I have waivered a bit and may reduce the stakes in the morning and put him in the first leg of one or 2 doubles instead.
                      Doubles or roll ups? Just need to be clear here

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post

Doubles or roll ups? Just need to be clear here
                        can’t be any clearer.

Comment

• Mo Salah is 9/2 first scorer with Hills today (enhanced odds) 7/2 elsewhere. Seems too big considering he averages over a goal a game, up against a woeful United. Taking a Chance to add to the Ante-post warchest

Comment

• I fancy liverpool to win without conceding today i could easily see a demolition job, but im
                            having the weekend from hell betting wise

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
                              I fancy liverpool to win without conceding today i could easily see a demolition job, but im
                              having the weekend from hell betting wise
                              Fairly accurate

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post

Fairly accurate
                                How sweet it was

Comment

Working...
                                X