Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Foxhunters Chase 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That’s an absolute joke. A stupid decision that makes very little sense other than an unnecessary technicality. The comparison above about Southwell class 6 is a good one.

If there really are no amateur jockeys allowed, then I at least want no amateur punditry allowed at the same time as a compromise. Which means that clueless prat Francesca Cumani won’t be allowed to talk about jump horses when she freely admits she doesn’t have any knowledge about any form of racing that isn’t the flat in England or Australia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
      That’s an absolute joke. A stupid decision that makes very little sense other than an unnecessary technicality. The comparison above about Southwell class 6 is a good one.

If there really are no amateur jockeys allowed, then I at least want no amateur punditry allowed at the same time as a compromise. Which means that clueless prat Francesca Cumani won’t be allowed to talk about jump horses when she freely admits she doesn’t have any knowledge about any form of racing that isn’t the flat in England or Australia.
      It's a compromise and kind of lip service.
      But a likely necessary move to appease the nay-sayers.
      And keep the show on the road.
      It would have been better if they had someone on the gates judging whether the jockeys arriving were Elite or not.
      If it was Kinloch Brae, we'd have no sport for a bit.

And if you ever criticise Lady Francesca again.
      I'll start a petition to have you banned.
      She is one of the untouchables (in more ways than one)

Comment

If there really are no amateur jockeys allowed, then I at least want no amateur punditry allowed at the same time as a compromise. Which means that clueless prat Francesca Cumani won’t be allowed to talk about jump horses
        I respect your opinion and input hugely MoM, but Francesca is welcome anywhere she chooses for me regardless of what she talks about....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonjers View Post
          Can't seem to upload an image, but amateur riders are not permitted to ride as they fall short of the definition of elite sport. So it appears we'll have pro riders in the Foxhunters if nothing changes...

A shambles of a situation.
          Irish racing website.

Amateur riders will be prevented from competing under rules in Britain as of Saturday, due to the ongoing rise in Covid-19 infections.

Bye-Bye Patrick - Love from Sharjah
          "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post

And if you ever criticise Lady Francesca again.
            I'll start a petition to have you banned.
            I'll sign . .Surely Francesca is a national Treasure .

Comment

• This could be a big advantage for Billaway, assuming Paul Townend takes the ride. Especially since the race prior to this he will have ridden Al Boum Photo over the exact same course and distance. What price him doing the double Gold Cups, the main one and the 'Amateurs'. I already have this double from a while back.

As mentioned a few posts ago, I wonder whether the Amateurs will lobby Cheltenham to get this race deterred to later in the year when they can take part.

Finally, this could go one of 2 ways for the David Maxwell horses. Either he decides not to run them becsuse he can't ride them or by putting a Pro on board they might get a better chance. One that springs to mind might be Bob and Co, could Briony Frost get a leg up, as she has won it as an Amatuer and she too would have just ridden the track in the GC on Frodon.

All of above is pure speculation on my part but a couple of interesting angles to ponder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nortons who View Post
                This could be a big advantage for Billaway, assuming Paul Townend takes the ride. Especially since the race prior to this he will have ridden Al Boum Photo over the exact same course and distance. What price him doing the double Gold Cups, the main one and the 'Amateurs'. I already have this double from a while back.

As mentioned a few posts ago, I wonder whether the Amateurs will lobby Cheltenham to get this race deterred to later in the year when they can take part.

Finally, this could go one of 2 ways for the David Maxwell horses. Either he decides not to run them becsuse he can't ride them or by putting a Pro on board they might get a better chance. One that springs to mind might be Bob and Co, could Briony Frost get a leg up, as she has won it as an Amatuer and she too would have just ridden the track in the GC on Frodon.

All of above is pure speculation on my part but a couple of interesting angles to ponder.
                Bryony double would suit me nicely

Comment

This could be a big advantage for Billaway, assuming Paul Townend takes the ride. Especially since the race prior to this he will have ridden Al Boum Photo over the exact same course and distance. What price him doing the double Gold Cups, the main one and the 'Amateurs'. I already have this double from a while back.

Bryony would still be being interviewed talking about her 8th place finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post

Irish racing website.

Amateur riders will be prevented from competing under rules in Britain as of Saturday, due to the ongoing rise in Covid-19 infections.

Bye-Bye Patrick - Love from Sharjah
                    That would be a big negative for Sharjah should these rules still be in place come the Fez. He rides him perfectly and they get on so well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pendil View Post

Bryony double would suit me nicely
                      Any number of jokes could follow that...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

That would be a big negative for Sharjah should these rules still be in place come the Fez. He rides him perfectly and they get on so well.
                        Yes, it’s difficult to know how long they will keep this rule and change all the race conditions to take amateurs out.

Be interested to know how that would price up.

No Amateur Riders allowed at Cheltenham 2021 - what price would you put on that? - odds on?

"Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

I respect your opinion and input hugely MoM, but Francesca is welcome anywhere she chooses for me regardless of what she talks about....
                          Agree with Istabraq here I'm afraid Middle_Of_March. She's more than welcome on my screen, but if you are successful in banishing her, she can fill the void on my sofa.

Comment

The last part of the Irish racing article say's " hunter chases , previously the domain of amateur jockeys , will continue to be programmed .
                            But will be open to professional riders only . . Maybe some of the amateur's will turn ' pro '.
                            Also i think with David Maxwell , he has had multiple runners before , where he has ridden one horse and another jockey the other one .
                            So i would have thought he would continue to run his horses , especially for the likes of the festival . Big occasion and he's had runners for the last few years.

Comment

• I’m still of the view this will either be lifted or exceptions will be allowed by the time the festival is here, but if that doesn’t happen the Foxhunters will have a very different look about it, so many of the entries are owner trained/ridden if they’re prevented from riding then I think many will simply not enter, we could be in for a 7/8 runner Foxhunters.
                              But like I say I’m sure things will be different in 8 weeks...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                                I’m still of the view this will either be lifted or exceptions will be allowed by the time the festival is here, but if that doesn’t happen the Foxhunters will have a very different look about it, so many of the entries are owner trained/ridden if they’re prevented from riding then I think many will simply not enter, we could be in for a 7/8 runner Foxhunters.
                                But like I say I’m sure things will be different in 8 weeks...
                                I agree Ista, especially as mentioned a few posts ago the current ban in the UK may prevent a number of horses qualifying through the P2P route. It willbe interesting to see whether some of these now get entered in Hunter Chases under rules in order to qualify.

Comment

Working...
                                X