Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Foxhunters Chase 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TigerRolllllll View Post
    Interesting tweet from Matt Tombs ....

2019 Foxhunter winner Hazel Hill (now 13) wins the first pro-ridden hunter chase at Ludlow, having not travelled at times. You wouldn't want to read it too literally but it's a boost for Highway Jewel who thumped him in a point last month

Don’t know much about him, but maybe outsider to watch?
    I already raised the point this morning post #177, ahead of today's race and no I'm not Matt Tombs

This is what I wrote:

'For info, HH was beaten 25 lengths on seasonal PTP debut in December by Highway Jewel (a 6 year old) who is almost double HHs odds in the betting. If HH wins easily today, then that would give a positive boost to the chances of Highway Jewel' .

Comment

• Originally posted by Nortons who View Post

I already raised the point this morning post #177, ahead of today's race and no I'm not Matt Tombs

This is what I wrote:

'For info, HH was beaten 25 lengths on seasonal PTP debut in December by Highway Jewel (a 6 year old) who is almost double HHs odds in the betting. If HH wins easily today, then that would give a positive boost to the chances of Highway Jewel' .
      Apols, missed it.....looks a good shout so nice one
      Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

• Originally posted by Nortons who View Post

This is what I wrote:

....plenty of Oddschecker blue for Highway Jewel, into a best priced 25-1 (16-1 NRNB).

Comment

• I can't bring myself to back anything for this race antepost.
          Having had It Came to Pass in my betslip on the morning of last years race at 300-1, and deciding against it.

But the one I would likely back is Wishing and Hoping, but only when it's quoted NRNB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post

....plenty of Oddschecker blue for Highway Jewel, into a best priced 25-1 (16-1 NRNB).
            Still 33s on 365 so had a nibble myself

Comment

• Originally posted by BookieBasher View Post

Still 33s on 365 so had a nibble myself

....well spotted, 365 not quoted on Oddschecker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                But the one I would likely back is Wishing and Hoping, but only when it's quoted NRNB.
                Was absolutely balls deep on him last year and was gutted when he swerved the race. Though the extra year they said would help him for jumping purposes may be the key to him this year as his engine was top notch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post

Was absolutely balls deep on him last year and was gutted when he swerved the race. Though the extra year they said would help him for jumping purposes may be the key to him this year as his engine was top notch.
                  Yeah, same. I've backed him again this year. He was entered in today's race originally, so he must be ready to go.

Comment

• Looks like its all systems go re The World's End and they have a clear plan on how to qualify.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/memb...ltenham/469794 (members)

Leading jumps owner Max McNeill is already counting down the days to a potential fantastic Friday at the Cheltenham Festival with two of the best horses he's had – The Worlds End and Tritonic – poised for big targets.

(I wont include the Tritonic text)

"We call The Worlds End the captain of our team, so it would be nice if he could be there. It's hopefully a chance to build him back up. I've never had a runner in the race, so it's a new one" (Max McNeill)

In order to qualify for his Cheltenham Festival target, The Worlds End has until March 1 to register two top-four finishes in hunter chases. He will start off over three miles at Warwick on February 3 before options at Wetherby, Haydock or Doncaster at the end of the month.

McNeill added: "We always thought he'd be a chaser. He won two novice chases [in 2018] but it didn't happen for him in his last two starts. He was treated for a kissing spine after that novice chasing campaign so that might explain those efforts.

"If he was to take to hunter chasing you'd think he'd go well in those races. They won't be easy, there'll be quality there, although not as much as taking on Paisley Park, Thyme Hill and Roksana – the first three home in his last race.

"Hopefully Adrian [Heskin] will get to ride him as he boosts the horse's confidence but, if he's not allowed, I'm sure there'll be a lot of amateurs who would be more than happy to have the ride!"

Comment

• ...well done Run4Home for highlighting The Worlds End @ 33-1. Now a best priced 16-1.

Comment

...well done Run4Home for highlighting The Worlds End @ 33-1. Now a best priced 16-1.
                        Cheers.
                        The easy part now.... just having to win

Comment

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post

Cheers.
                          The easy part now.... just having to win
                          Top man Crolwey. My main dart being 37/1 for the race is very exciting.

Gwarn The Worlds Good Ting

Comment

...well done Run4Home for highlighting The Worlds End @ 33-1. Now a best priced 16-1.
                            Yes absolutely, credit to him 100% - was just posting the RP article to reinforce his fine work!!!

Comment

• (4:15) 19G Naas Hunters S'chase €7,965.00 ( 3m 170y - 5yo+ )
                              MAX 18]

Ajijic(TLeonard) ...................
                              Aloneamongmillions(SCurling) ..........
                              Arctic Skipper(VLHalley) ..................
                              Bellow Mome (FR)(WPMullins) ................
                              Billaway(WPMullins) .............................
                              Call It Time(DDeacon) ........................
                              Dom Dolo (FR)(BConnell) .......................
                              Dragon D'estruval (FR) (WPMullins) ........
                              Easca Mor(RO'Sullivan) .....................
                              Er Dancer (FR)(STDoyle) .....................
                              From Eden (USA)(SNolan) ...............
                              It Came To Pass(EMO'Sullivan) ..............
                              Jury Duty(GElliott) ...............................
                              Lady Violet(JJHanlon) .....................
                              Lite Duties(SCurling) ........................
                              Minella On Line(DHarvey) .................
                              On The Sod(DMChristie) ......................
                              Oscar Contender(DHKelly) ..................
                              Rocket Lad(EMullins) ..........................
                              Sir Jack West(MissEHolden) ................
                              Smokin' Vinnie(MAGunn) .....................
                              Solomn Grundy(STDoyle) ..................
                              Staker Wallace(EBolger) ...................
                              Templebredin(SCurling) .........................
                              Three Loud Knocks(BMortell) .....................
                              Undressed (FR)(JOClifford) ..................
                              Winged Leader(DMChristie) ................

Comment

• Winged leader enetered up again too. I'm still trying to understand why he isn't widely quoted for the Foxhunter. Usually it's because connections have said they're not coming, but I can't find anything. I like him, but it may be they think it's a season too early.

Has anyone heard anything at all?
                                Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Working...
                                X