Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Out of the 2021 Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wholestone OFTS

Comment

God I hate this thread and love it in equal measures.

My heart goes in my mouth every time I see a new post. And right now because of the previous Easysland post it's got me particularly jumpy.

On the other hand having a fast heads up to get out of a position is solid gold.
      Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
        God I hate this thread and love it in equal measures.

My heart goes in my mouth every time I see a new post. And right now because of the previous Easysland post it's got me particularly jumpy.

On the other hand having a fast heads up to get out of a position is solid gold.
        Which is why commenting on this thread should be simply for the mention of the horse that's out - And nothing else (including this, what I'm typing)

Which makes you a very very very naughty Boy

Comment

Ignore me, already been mentioned a page back

Comment

Post deleted
            Last edited by Istabraq; 28 November 2020, 09:08 AM.
            The owls are not what they seem

Comment

My Bad, apologies
              Last edited by billymag; 28 November 2020, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Reminder gents, this is not a rumour/update thread, please only post in here when a horse is known to be out of the festival.
                Thanks

Comment

Well mine wasn't a rumour and I was just trying to warn everyone he may not be a runner.

Whatever.

Comment

Supasundae retired

Comment

Easywork has died.

Comment

ferny hollow officially out.

Comment

Lydia reporting Ferny def out

Comment

Last edited by Diamond Geezer; 20 December 2020, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Racing Post

Champion Bumper winner Ferny Hollow will miss this season's Cheltenham Festival after connections revealed he has suffered a suspected stress fracture.

Ferny Hollow had been second favourite at a general 10-1 for the opening race of the festival, the Sky Bet Supreme Novices' Hurdle, behind Royal Bond winner Ballyadam, who like Ferny Hollow runs in the colours of Cheveley Park Stud. He was also prominent in the ante-post market for the Ballymore Novices' Hurdle as a 14-1 shot.

Trained by Ireland's champion trainer Willie Mullins, the five-year-old led home stablemate Appreciate It in last season's Champion Bumper and made a winning start over hurdles at Gowran Park last month, beating the highly touted Bob Olinger – a bloodless winner at Navan on Friday – by a length.

Chris Richardson, managing director of Cheveley Park Stud, told Racing TV: "Ferny Hollow has a suspected stress fracture behind. Although nothing is immediately visible on his x-rays, that is often the case with a stress fracture and so we're treating it as such.

"Sadly, he will miss the Cheltenham Festival. We hope he might be able to make it back for Punchestown, but we will have to see. It's very frustrating but he's very special, so we're being conservative with him."
                              "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Tower Bridge has passed away at Limerick today. Confirmed on RTV.

Apparently not! Correction on RTV!
                                Last edited by Kevloaf; 26 December 2020, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X