Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

*** Please Register - Introduce yourself and get involved ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome all new members. Hope you all had a good Cheltenham, best of luck for future.

Comment

• Welcome to you all - Get stuck n

Comment

• Welcome newbies.

Comment

• Welcome everyone.

Comment

• Hi all, been a lurker for a few years and this years Fez definitely my best and a lot of that comes down to the great insight and willingness to share knowledge on this forum. As for the username nothing will beat that day at Punchestown in 2005 when Brave Inca with a little help from AP got back up to beat Harchibald. Anyhow looking forward to joining in and trying to top this year.

Comment

• Welcome everyone

Comment

• Hi All,

I signed up during lockdown last summer, haven't contributed until now as felt I would be doing a lot of after timing! It's great to see so many NH enthusiasts, not many of my mates are into horse racing.

I am originally from Hampshire, but have lived in Cork, Ireland for the last 16 years, I married a Cork girl for my sins! I have 3 kids, 2 girls and a boy, 11, 9 and 5, for anyone that has been home schooling you'll know how tough the last few weeks have been.

It was my dad who got me into racing, we would regularly attend racing in London, Sandown and Kempton were 2 of our fav tracks.

It's been quite a year with Covid, Brexit and the Gordon Elliott photo, I have felt all extremes of emotions going through this winter. At one stage, I was just relieved the festival was going ahead and was content to break even. This forum was the first place I would check on developing news. There is no better horse racing forum on the web IMO!!! To get a nice profit from the festival, was more than I expected. I'm getting the wife a new cordless hoover for her birthday, she deserves it .

There are some amazing contributors on here, the depth of knowledge and research is outstanding. I'm not going to name anyone as this would be unfair. I have learnt so much on the different approaches to betting on the festival, for that I thank you.

I have attended the festival frequently since about 2003, I tend to go for 1 or 2 days at a time, the Wednesday being my fav day of the week. For some reason I am drawn to 3m novice chasers and the RSA has been unbelievably lucky for me. Star De Mohaison gave me one of the biggest wins of my life (aftertiming of a brutal nature, I know) . His staying on run in the dipper really caught my eye.

Good luck

Comment

• Welcome SDM - Kev will get you avatar.

Comment

• Hi All

Have been hiding in the background but looking forward to getting involved!

Have been a regular visitor to the Festival for a good few years now along with plenty of trips to my local track in Huntingdon. Remember the Huntingdon stat for Shishkin in last years Supreme ‍♂️!?

Look forward to chatting with you all

Comment

• Hi all

Hope everyone well here and had a fantastic festival. Cheers to Kev for sorting my registration.

I was formerly a member of the Stan James / Racecaller forum a number of years ago before that closed down. It was terrific to be involved with some great members on there - and was a shame when it all closed. I am not sure if there are any other members on here from there?

Ever since then, have been looking for a similar forum and following Faugheen's momentous win last week and his pointing to this forum, I was thrilled to see this place - with some excellent threads and a variety of views. Looking forward to getting involved.

Comment

• Welcome, welcome, welcome all.

If you go here and post a link to a picture I'll update them

Comment

• Hello everyone , nice to be here , Cheltenham is my main motivation throughout the year, although looking at next seasons ante post prices it will be hard work to get a decent priced winner.
                          Been punting since the mid 80's , so i'm in the prime of life

Comment

• Hi all,
                            I'm a 50 year old who's been into racing since I had a bet on West Tip in the 1986 Grand National. I have enjoyed reading the forum over the last few years and love the exchange of views and knowledge sharing. This year's posts were fantastic and I loved Spectre's 'Doing an Naiad' plunge and I was desperately hoping that Happygolucky went on and won for all those involved. Also the Lobos inspired punt on Galvin was truly inspirational. Hopefully next year's festival is as good as this year's from a punting perspective and hopefully we will hear the Cheltenham roar for real next​​​​ year! Those who run the forum and are involved in its upkeep and funding should be proud of what they have achieved - congratulations to all who make it happen. Looking forward to being a small part of it. I've already placed my 'Lobos lifechanger' and will post it in my diary once I have worked out how to do it!

Comment

• Hi All
                              Really enjoyed reading the forum over the last few months and liked the positivity whenever anyone did well over Cheltenham. It's a pity that more sports forums aren't like that!

I joined hoping to learn a bit more around antepost betting, it's not something I've ever really gotten involved in, thinking anything can happen between now and almost a year's time until the next festival. However, given the short prices even now, a bit of extra knowledge from being on this forum will hopefully help steer me the right way as it's not looking good for decent odds come next March!

I've been into horseracing for about 15 year's, favourite horse is Dermot Weld's Rite of Passage, who got me one of my biggest priced winners at 20/1 for the Ascot Gold Cup many moons ago. I enjoy both the jumps and the flat so it's good to be a member on here.

Cheers All

Comment

• Hi guys,

Good to meet you all and register here after lurking since February. I managed to find my way on to the Bob/Monkfish 200/1 RAB alone, but missed the AI/Bob one, which would have been an equally lovely return.

Would like to thank Specter for putting me on to Happygolucky and SeanRock for the Vanillier tip as both helped my success at Cheltenham this year. Have already started putting a few bets on for next year, which is earlier than ever before and hoping I can help a few of you out like I was helped out by you this year.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X