Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ is more likely to go straight for the Gold Cup without a run than the stayers. he's 10 next year. It's now or never.

Comment

• Originally posted by germanshepherd View Post
      Champ is more likely to go straight for the Gold Cup without a run than the stayers. he's 10 next year. It's now or never.
      I don't think that's true.

No run and the Gold Cup can't be more likely than a run in the Cleeve and a stayers bid?

My guess is....

Hurdles run next, if beaten.... Gold Cup, claiming it was just a prep.

If he wins "serious consideration" to a Stayers bid, as he'll have beaten PP lol.

Champ had an advantage last year as an older horse in the novice races, this year he's lost that advantge, which is why so any feel MI will reverse the form?

It wil lbe DISGUSTING if the RSA winner runs in the Stayers, but I can see it!

He also won't be 12/1, so the NRNB has appeal

Comment

Champ is more likely to go straight for the Gold Cup without a run than the stayers. he's 10 next year. It's now or never.
        good to know, maybe you should have let JP know last week, so he wouldn't have wasted his money on the stayers entry.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

I don’t disagree but unless he’s had intensive jump training at home you’d have to be worried he will find at least one fence over 26.5f that does for him...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post

good to know, maybe you should have let JP know last week, so he wouldn't have wasted his money on the stayers entry.
            I think that's there if he disappoints over fences. I think it's more likely he'll go for the Gold Cup If he did go to Cheltenham without a run.

Comment

I think that's there if he disappoints over fences. I think it's more likely he'll go for the Gold Cup If he did go to Cheltenham without a run.
              That would be the greatest training performance of all time if he won first time up in the GC. He certainly would deserve the Champ status then

Comment

• Hobbs confirms Thyme Hill going straight to Cheltenham.

Comment

• This is purely a personal opinion but I can't help thinking that David Mullins' retirement has increased the chances of Kemboy coming here. Entries for the Galmoy Hurdle are just out and Willie has 5 of the 13. His top rated are Bacardys (153) and Bapaume (154).

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                    This is purely a personal opinion but I can't help thinking that David Mullins' retirement has increased the chances of Kemboy coming here. Entries for the Galmoy Hurdle are just out and Willie has 5 of the 13. His top rated are Bacardys (153) and Bapaume (154).

....interesting, especially coming from yourself. I love the horse; 33-1 best price, 25-1 NRNB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post

....interesting, especially coming from yourself. I love the horse; 33-1 best price, 25-1 NRNB.
                      I do have to emphasise the 'purely a personal opinion' phrase.

Comment

• If Kemboy turned up here, would we have confidence he could run well enough?
                        Watching the horse he dont seem the same at Cheltenham compared to Ireland, certainly his chase record is not as good.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post

I do have to emphasise the 'purely a personal opinion' phrase.
                          Thanks for sharing your opinion on this Archie, I really hope he goes here

Comment

• Just stopped myself taking the 14's straight after the race wioth Roksana as apparently she might skip Cheltenham according to RTV?

I wouldn't have thought so myself.

She's not that far behind Thyme Hill and Paisley Park though, looks a really solid mare.

I think I'll want her onside but essentially today she's just outclassed horses she's better than....

Comment

• They may be thinking the race at aintree would be a much better chance of her winning another grade 1

Skelton is less cheltenham obsessed than some trainers

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                Just stopped myself taking the 14's straight after the race wioth Roksana as apparently she might skip Cheltenham according to RTV?

I wouldn't have thought so myself.

She's not that far behind Thyme Hill and Paisley Park though, looks a really solid mare.

I think I'll want her onside but essentially today she's just outclassed horses she's better than....
                                She was really impressive today against inferior opposition but I struggle to see her turning the Newbury form around.

That said, I think they'll have a crack at the Stayers

Comment

Working...
                                X