Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51 Entries

The owls are not what they seem

Comment

• Thomas Derby gets an entry 3 days after Olly Murphy says he isnt running here!

You couldnt make it up!

Comment

• Surprised that Gordon hasn't entered Delta Work and Presenting Percy.

Comment

• Benie entered !

Comment

• Think Champ may well run here now. Henderson said time is running out for him to get a Chase in. Sounds like he's admitting defeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
              Benie entered !
              Would have been a bigger surprise if she hadn’t been entered.

Comment

Think Champ may well run here now. Henderson said time is running out for him to get a Chase in. Sounds like he's admitting defeat.
                Just been chatting to someone about this...

Might be a free shot at Paisley Park in the Cleeve?

If beaten he'll just say it was a prep, if he wins.... Stayers fav?

Shot to nothing really....

12's NRNB with Betfred, I've had a bit.

I'll be horrified at the RSA winner running in the Stayers the following season, but still...

Comment

• Added Itchy Feet @ 245. Back over hurdles has been mentioned for him and who could blame OM for aiming him at the Cleeve then this.

I was impressed with how he finished his last run at Ascot. Made loads of mistakes that many would have found race ending, finds 15L to power home on ground he wouldn't have wanted and it screamed want furthers on better ground over hurdles.

I expected him to be priced up around 80-100 so was pleasantly surprised to see such a large price. OM form is beyond dogshit and he could stay over fences, so factored in to price, but I thought it was big for a 7 year old that's clearly smart, things just haven't gone quite right.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                    Added Itchy Feet @ 245. Back over hurdles has been mentioned for him and who could blame OM for aiming him at the Cleeve then this.

I was impressed with how he finished his last run at Ascot. Made loads of mistakes that many would have found race ending, finds 15L to power home on ground he wouldn't have wanted and it screamed want furthers on better ground over hurdles.

I expected him to be priced up around 80-100 so was pleasantly surprised to see such a large price. OM form is beyond dogshit and he could stay over fences, so factored in to price, but I thought it was big for a 7 year old that's clearly smart, things just haven't gone quite right.
                    Decent shout Charlie, especially as Olly seems adamant on skipping the race with Thomas Darby. Perhaps he will split them.

I've actually just done similar with Kemboy at 250 for a small stake (already on NRNB) - Still a couple of quid left if anyone wants it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post

Decent shout Charlie, especially as Olly seems adamant on skipping the race with Thomas Darby. Perhaps he will split them.

I've actually just done similar with Kemboy at 250 for a small stake (already on NRNB) - Still a couple of quid left if anyone wants it.
                      Thanks VF. Good to see you back. Yeh I hadn't actually factored TD into my thinking on that one but its a good point.

Re Kemboy, was tempted with 25/1 NRNB, but put 0.5pts @ 250 on the exchange as there is just so much juice in that price.

What makes Kemboy particularly interesting IMO is Willie doesn't have anything near to the top of the betting so maybe, just maybe

Comment

Think Champ may well run here now. Henderson said time is running out for him to get a Chase in. Sounds like he's admitting defeat.
                        There have been opportunities, what Henderson really means is that Champs jumping has not improved and he will be a liability trying to compete in grade 1 chases this season!! A run in the Stayers is not the end of the works, Bobs Worth came 3rd one year from memory

Comment

Added Itchy Feet @ 245. Back over hurdles has been mentioned for him and who could blame OM for aiming him at the Cleeve then this.

Itchy Feet is a horse i have a lot of time for, he always seems to run his race and see it out well, and this season hes doing that despite not jumping well.
                          Backed him early doors for the Ryanair, but it looks like they are giving up on chasing this season, fair enough. As said, he finishes his races well and hopefully he can stay 3m well enough to figure.
                          Have now taken 80 on the exchange for this race.

Comment

Thanks VF. Good to see you back. Yeh I hadn't actually factored TD into my thinking on that one but its a good point.

Re Kemboy, was tempted with 25/1 NRNB, but put 0.5pts @ 250 on the exchange as there is just so much juice in that price.

What makes Kemboy particularly interesting IMO is Willie doesn't have anything near to the top of the betting so maybe, just maybe
                            Cheers Charlie!

Yep Willie has tons for the Ryanair/GC so would be no major surprise to see the switch. At that price it’s worth a punt even if the most likely destination probably remains the GC. I see the fancy prices on both Itchy and Kemboy have been hoovered up.

Comment

• Hendo going hurdling with Champ would be ultra ridiculous in my opinion.

He beat Minella Indo on pure staying ability despite jumping so badly and surely the 3m 2f is right up his street. There must be chases out there to sharpen him up?

MI is 10/1 for this - surely Champ heads here for JP?

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Ferof View Post
                                Hendo going hurdling with Champ would be ultra ridiculous in my opinion.

He beat Minella Indo on pure staying ability despite jumping so badly and surely the 3m 2f is right up his street. There must be chases out there to sharpen him up?

MI is 10/1 for this - surely Champ heads here for JP?
                                Think you're in the wrong thread...but yeah.

Comment

Working...
                                X