Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...... Look what I started some great debate and I can see others are as passionate about this as I am.

One thing I'd like add. Everyone is fond of Min (some more than others) but do we truly believe he's the best horse over intermediate trip?

I'd strongly be on the side of a peak Altior over that distance, and would even take ABP over that distance too.

He's only a 'champion' because the best horses don't run over that distance.

Comment

• Surely only a matter of time before there is a two and a half mile hurdle race at cheltenham now too the way things are going. A ryanair hurdle if you will. Mcfabulous, song for someone and darver star will head the market this time next year lol

Comment

• ....Vinndication to get an entry;

Kim Bailey is convinced Vinndication is a “Gold Cup horse” – but he is also about to give his classy chaser an alternative Cheltenham Festival entry in the Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
          Quevega will enjoy reading that waffle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Quevega will enjoy reading that waffle.
            “If he had completed the race at Newbury and gone and won, he’d be a very laudable favourite". Is there a different Gold Cup that Kim is thinking about?

Comment

• Sounds like Thomas Darby will skip Cheltenham and Itchy Feet is going back over hurdles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonjers View Post
                Sounds like Thomas Darby will skip Cheltenham and Itchy Feet is going back over hurdles.
                Where did you read/hear that?

Comment

• Kemboy entered for this.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                    Kemboy entered for this.
                    At 25/1 NRNB, that's appealing. Very appealing.

He deserves to be shorter than that. Hurdles rating down at 142, get him in a Pertemps qualifier

Comment

Sounds like Thomas Darby will skip Cheltenham and Itchy Feet is going back over hurdles.
                      Very wise as he's certainly got no chance of winning a race at The Cheltenham Festival.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post

Very wise as he's certainly got no chance of winning a race at The Cheltenham Festival.
                        "Certainly got no chance"?

Come on now, he was 2nd in the Supreme wasn't he, so he deserves to be given credit for at least 'a tiny chance' in a handicap hurdle?

If he doesn't get entered, then he's got "certainly no chance"

Comment

• Racing post - Thomas Darby is missing Cheltenham and going to aintree - bet365 cash out is still available

Comment

The right decision.

Comment

• If I had a horse with Olly Murphy, he'd be outside my Office.
                              And likely have an empty stable to fill.
                              Underperforming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                                If I had a horse with Olly Murphy, he'd be outside my Office.
                                And likely have an empty stable to fill.
                                Underperforming.
                                Burst onto scene a bit but had big money backers early didn’t he, stalled a bit since the supreme 2/3.

Comment

Working...
                                X