Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Well again, it wasn't personal and I'm sorry if I've offended you, it certainly wasn't my intention to make you feel inferior. I just disagreed. I wish I hadn't said anything and I'm sorry to hear about your bad news.
    I think the point FF is trying to make is that some people are saying paisley park wasnt given a hard race and they think he will turn the tables on thyme hill, but since pp was actually whipped 5 or 6 times and richard johnson only went for the whip twice maybe he was always confortable that he was holding paisley park and thyme hill may have had a good bit more in the tank?

That was what I got from the post anyways.

Comment

• Most stayers are lazy and/or need encouragement during their races, very rarely is an open G1 staying race won on the bridle (Thistlecrack aside).
      I certainly never get worried if mine is being niggled a circuit out so whether PP/TH are struck twice or eight times is largely irrelevant in my opinion, what you want is a horse who responds to the stick...

Comment

• Originally posted by riccirich View Post

I think the point FF is trying to make is that some people are saying paisley park wasnt given a hard race and they think he will turn the tables on thyme hill, but since pp was actually whipped 5 or 6 times and richard johnson only went for the whip twice maybe he was always confortable that he was holding paisley park and thyme hill may have had a good bit more in the tank?

Id imagine that's what most people took from the post

Whether they agree or not is a completely different matter hahaha

Thats why the race is so fascinating, a decisive winner tomorrow really lays down a claim for the festival and puts a marker down for the irish stayers to aim at in the Christmas hurdle

Comment

• Originally posted by riccirich View Post

Has anyone on here said Paisley Park didn't have a hard race?I know I've not commented on it once.

To be honest, I was just trying to be funny as I genuinely found it funny that someone said they'd specifically count then within a few words admitted they couldn't count...... that's all it was really. That little play on words. Not even the post itself or the content, just that little ironic sentence. If someone said that in real life, my eyes would have hit up, a genuine smile come across my face and we'd have laughed it off and it wouldn't have been taken out of context in real life!

I've apologised to FF91 here, and sent him a DM apologising too.........

We have a lot of new members, I'll work on my tone as clearly I seem to be being taken the wrong way more often than ever before.

Comment

• Dear Kevloaf - I found it funny you having to confirm that you weren’t a horse. Our suspicions are now truly quashed...or are they?

Comment

• And I don’t believe it for a minute when you say you haven’t been whipped

Comment

• Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post

Id imagine that's what most people took from the post

Whether they agree or not is a completely different matter hahaha

Thats why the race is so fascinating, a decisive winner tomorrow really lays down a claim for the festival and puts a marker down for the irish stayers to aim at in the Christmas hurdle
                Funnily enough.
                Depending to a certain extent how the race tomorrow pans out.
                If Thyme Hill wins in a similar fashion as last time.
                I'd be hoping for a better price on Paisley, as the stayers hurdle is often a different kettle of fish.

Although Thyme Hill is definitely not Reve de sivola, Lami Serge or Zarkander - All three were never going to win at Cheltenham IMO.
                I think Thyme Hill is better, but still potentially vulnerable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheltenham Novice Chase View Post
                  And I don’t believe it for a minute when you say you haven’t been whipped
                  It's a certainty he's been paddled.

Comment

• FAO Middle_Of_March - Please can we have a market for which poster has taken an arse thrashing in the most deviant manner? Thanks.

Comment

• Iv'e seen plenty of pundits claim Paisley should reverse the form with Thyme as lto was a speed test and tomorrow will be a much stiffer test, I find that a loose thing to go with. Obvs the ground will make it tough and Thyme has to prove stamina in such conditions more than a few but they got racing early enough lto to shoot down the speed theory and the clock backs up that Paisley wasn't making any ground up late on. I'm a big Paisley fan but i couldn't be confident the conditions alone make it likely he turns the form around(i hope he does thou nothing against TH) i think it's just too close to call for punting purposes and is best watched but good luck to anyone playing.

Comment

• Be interesting to see what the markets do

If either paisley or thyme hill were to drift out to 3/1+ id be tempted to have a bet

2/1 the pair as is and just a watching brief

Comment

• I am pretty sure i heard Dickie say that last race between the two didn't suit Thyme Hill either. He said he was keen for the first mile then settled a bit better for the final 2.

It should be a belter anyway. Best looking race of the day

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                            I am pretty sure i heard Dickie say that last race between the two didn't suit Thyme Hill either. He said he was keen for the first mile then settled a bit better for the final 2.

It should be a belter anyway. Best looking race of the day
                            I suppose the flip side to that was that they barely moved the first couple furlongs at least so if most were not a little keen you’d be a bit concerned? Obviously not too keen

From what we know on evidence a faster pace suits Paisley Park. He never hit a flat spot in the last race which just shows you how slow they must have went. Evidence showing he’s hit that spot in most races and I don’t think any were ran as slow as at Newbury.

Comment

• For my future pocket I’m hoping for both PP & TH to be less than impressive, as I have had the opinion for quite a while that Fury Road has been and still is the value bet here.

Very interested onlooker today, and not just at the main protagonists. Will be keeping a close eye on Roksana too.

Comment

• So much talk about the Thyme Hill/Paisley Park match today, I'm not suggesting she will win today or in a Stayers but Roksana is way below the radar here and perhaps being disrespected a touch...

Comment

Working...
                                X