Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post

You'll have to buy yourself a mug with the cheveley park colours or a big framed picture of allaho to remember this by
    Engraved with the words "who's a sad c**t now?". Congrats Ray

Comment

• Watching that Allaho performance today was what I expected of Monalee a few years ago in the Ryanair. Absolutely ran them into the ground. Because he lacks a certain degree of panache that a horse like Min has at his best he probably won't get as much credit as he should but he has absolutely destroyed a high class field today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
        I really think min is going to do it, however ive got a point where i need allaho for a silly ammount i doubt ill sleep tonight! it was off the back of a yankee 20/1 bob olinger, 8/1 monkfish, 14/1 sir gerhard and allaho 10/1...laying him doesnt yield much profit so its ride or die..i have the 3 of them returned so its gave me more then enough! But this one could be really good

if anyone has any reassurance ill take it!
        Things that dreams are made of..... brilliant stuff. Hats off to you. That will surely be the best anyone can muster on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by luisgarciaisgod View Post
          Watching that Allaho performance today was what I expected of Monalee a few years ago in the Ryanair. Absolutely ran them into the ground. Because he lacks a certain degree of panache that a horse like Min has at his best he probably won't get as much credit as he should but he has absolutely destroyed a high class field today.
          He’s absolutely destroyed them. People were calling it the most competitive field of the festival (I’d have agreed btw!) before the race and more than half of the field have pulled up could not live with the gallop he set, performance of the week for me and so happy to see the horse finally get the right ride over the right trip so people can see what it can really do

Comment

• It was reminiscent of vautours win in the race

Comment

Seriously that one is life changing id post a picture...it was only a 30p yank! And its returned a deposit for a mortgage! Im over the moon and i csn only thank everyone here the site is rediculous
              That's fantastic to read Ray, many congratulations! It's one thing to have a great looking multiple a couple of months out, but to actually survive all of the late withdrawals, horses running in the wrong races etc. and then get them all to win is an amazing feat, and one that the rest of us will have to aspire to match!

Comment

Seriously that one is life changing id post a picture...it was only a 30p yank! And its returned a deposit for a mortgage! Im over the moon and i csn only thank everyone here the site is rediculous
                Sorry for being so slow here, I've had a few days off after the 'big comedown' and I'm just catching up, but that's just fantastic Ray. This is what it's all about, and for me the best bit of the Festival, apart from the racing itself, is hearing about wins like this.
                Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Thanks mate, appreciate it! I can only hope everyone lands something like that at some point!

Comment

• Iv'e only just seen this as well , Congratulations Ray , Brilliant stuff ., .

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Completely agree. Think Allaho could do a Vautour.....one of the best jumping performances I've ever see at Cheltenham.
                      Well said Lobos. Spot on.

Allahos jumping and ability to stretch them down the back straight had them all beat. Never cheered a winner at the top of the hill before but as soon as I realised Rachael was giving him a breather, it made me feel confident she’d let him go off like that by design rather than forced.

He was brilliant. Performance of the week for me.

Comment

Thanks mate, appreciate it! I can only hope everyone lands something like that at some point!
                        Congrats mate. Delighted for you

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                          When I say he could do a Vautour I meant Allaho could lead from outset and jump from fence to fence and break the opposition's hearts. I didn't say he was at the same level as Vautour just that he could win in a similar manner. You lot are so menstral. Lol !
                          This was actually the post I meant to quote tweet. I said the same a few pages later. But you called it in August/September Lobos. Spot on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post

Well said Lobos. Spot on.

Allahos jumping and ability to stretch them down the back straight had them all beat. Never cheered a winner at the top of the hill before but as soon as I realised Rachael was giving him a breather, it made me feel confident she’d let him go off like that by design rather than forced.

He was brilliant. Performance of the week for me.
                            As soon as he jumped off in front and got into a fantastic rhythm very early with his jumping, I was supremely confident he'd stay there and win in Vautour style. I said the same thing to my mates on Zoom who were more than happy to hear it as they had all backed him to. He is a serious horse and I can fully understand Mullins thoughts re dropping him back in distance. If he were to go Champion Chase next season then Shishkin will have a worthy opponent.

Comment

• If Allaho can’t win the Ryanair again next season he wins nothing. In my opinion Shishkin would eat him for breakfast over two miles. It smacks of Willie of trying to split horses up for next season, and Cheveley possibly trying to do the same.

If they want to drop him in trip for a penalty kick at Punchestown fair enough, but it’ll backfire on them in 12 months time if they do. Anyone with tickets on him would be spending the whole season praying Shishkin doesn’t make it there.
                              Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• He took them out of the comfort zone in the ryanair

The faster horses in the champion chase he surely wouldnt be able to burn off and would just ending up running out of his own comfort zone

I wouldn't mind seeing him try 2 miles at punchestown just to see

Comment

Working...
                                X