Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
    ....Eddie O’Leary seems quite sweet on Samcro;

’He worked well yesterday & as a two time Festival winner he is entitled to go. When he can breath and is right, there is no horse alive who can beat him’.

i imagine the 16-1 NRNB with 365 may not last long.
    Just taken that, hes the sort of horse that could easily produce his best here, and that puts him bang there. 16 well worth finding out imo

Comment

• This race is impossible, you can make cases for about half a dozen.
      Fakir Doudaries was confirmed here earlier this week and not sure he’s been mentioned at any preview I’ve watched.
      Allaho, Imperial Aura, Chris Dream, Melon, Min, Mister Fisher, Saint Calvados, Samcro and I even saw Tanya Stephenson put up Kalashnikov for this...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
        This race is impossible, you can make cases for about half a dozen.
        Fakir Doudaries was confirmed here earlier this week and not sure he’s been mentioned at any preview I’ve watched.
        Allaho, Imperial Aura, Chris Dream, Melon, Min, Mister Fisher, Saint Calvados, Samcro and I even saw Tanya Stephenson put up Kalashnikov for this...
        Most open race of the whole Fez I'd say. Better off just watching it !

Comment

...Fakir is a best priced 8-1 for this, but Ladbrokes have it 12-1 to win a/r.

If anybody is interested:

Specials/Getaprice Specials.

Comment

• I quite like Allaho

and Melon

and Samcro

and Fakir

and Saint Calvados in this

Hope that helps

Comment

• Min wins again, nice and simple!

Comment

Donn McLean pretty keen on Fakir Doudairies as per article in the Sporting Life.

Fakir D’Oudairies (Joseph O’Brien)

Fakir D’Oudairies ran a big race in the Arkle last year to finish second to Put The Kettle On. His jumping was very good and he was just moving up to challenge the leader when he made a fairly significant mistake at the second last fence, but for which he probably would have got closer. Even so, he finished 18 lengths clear of third-placed Rouge Vif.

He hasn’t won in three attempts this season, but there is mitigation. He was pulled up in the Savills Chase at Leopardstown at Christmas, but that was his first attempt at three miles, and it appears that he reached the limit of his stamina range. He travelled well through his race, he made his ground with the ultimate winner A Plus Tard down the back straight, but his stamina started to ebb as they raced to the third last fence, and Mark Walsh wisely pulled him up after he jumped the second last.

Dropped back to two miles and one and a half furlongs for the Dublin Chase back at Leopardstown last month, JP McManus’ horse ran a big race to finish second behind Chacun Pour Soi. It never really looked like he would repel the winner that day, but he kept on all the way to the line over a distance that was probably shorter than ideal, and he finished seven lengths clear of Notebook in third.

The Joseph O’Brien-trained gelding holds entries in the Champion Chase and in the Ryanair Chase, and his target hasn’t been confirmed yet, but his trainer seems to be leaning towards the Ryanair Chase, and it may be that the intermediate distance of that race is his optimum trip.

Comment

...Fakir is a best priced 8-1 for this, but Ladbrokes have it 12-1 to win a/r.

If anybody is interested:

Specials/Getaprice Specials.
                  Anybody manage to get anything on this? Just tried but when trying to actually place the bet just says selection is suspended. Not quick enough maybe

Comment

• Originally posted by Might_Bite View Post
                    I quite like Allaho

and Melon

and Samcro

and Fakir

and Saint Calvados in this

Hope that helps
                    Haha, exactly where I am MB! Toughest race of the week.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToniC View Post

Anybody manage to get anything on this? Just tried but when trying to actually place the bet just says selection is suspended. Not quick enough maybe

....seemed ok for me, got as far as ‘place bet’ although I didn’t complete because I already have it onside.

Comment

• 6 day confirmations

The owls are not what they seem

Comment

• Chacun Pour Soi

Come on Willie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            Chacun Pour Soi

Come on Willie.

can only be for a stone bruise on monday morning.
                            that will be better for tuesday morning.

Comment

....Eddie O’Leary seems quite sweet on Samcro;

’He worked well yesterday & as a two time Festival winner he is entitled to go. When he can breath and is right, there is no horse alive who can beat him’.

i imagine the 16-1 NRNB with 365 may not last long.

....Samcro into 12-1 from 16-1 with 365.

Comment

• Had another look at this last night, and its a damn trappy little race. Pretty typical tbh with a middle distance grade 1

Fakir and Samcro still led my initial shortlist. Headache of a race though

Comment

Working...
                                X