Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PresentingPercy88 View Post

Think Gowran Park Red Mills Day has been rescheduled to this Friday, Feb 26th
    Entries out today?

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post

Entries out today?
      I assume so, I'm sure the forum will keep us informed when they come in

Comment

• If I were Colin Tizzard I'd send Lostintraslation here.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
          If I were Colin Tizzard I'd send Lostintraslation here.
          Unfortunately
          If you were Colin you wouldn’t have entered him.
          So it’ll cost you.

Comment

• You dont beat Bristol De Mai in his own back yard, on heavy ground, over 3 miles unless you are a thorough stayer. Unfortunately, Lostintranslation just isnt the same horse he was 15 months ago. He just looks like a horse who still is not over whatever issues have been plaguing him. He travelled so well up to two out yesterday then went out like a like. Something just cant be right with the horse.

I couldn't be considering him for anything at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
              You dont beat Bristol De Mai in his own back yard, on heavy ground, over 3 miles unless you are a thorough stayer. Unfortunately, Lostintranslation just isnt the same horse he was 15 months ago. He just looks like a horse who still is not over whatever issues have been plaguing him. He travelled so well up to two out yesterday then went out like a like. Something just cant be right with the horse.

I couldn't be considering him for anything at the moment.
              Sure, that's obvious, but he's not staying, hence why it would be here for me over the GC.

Comment

• Strange race, we have a favourite who hasn't won a grade 1, and his only wins over fences have come in Beginners Chase and beaten off a 147 mare that will run in the mares novice chase

Inexperience will catch Allaho out

Comment

• Originally posted by opatcho View Post
                  Strange race, we have a favourite who hasn't won a grade 1, and his only wins over fences have come in Beginners Chase and beaten off a 147 mare that will run in the mares novice chase
                  Mares novice chase, what did I miss ???
                  Though I’m sure it’s only a matter of time...

Comment

Strange race, we have a favourite who hasn't won a grade 1, and his only wins over fences have come in Beginners Chase and beaten off a 147 mare that will run in the mares novice chase

Inexperience will catch Allaho out
                    He's not inexperienced as a horse is he?

11 races in total?

2 festival appearances? (twice placed!)

Run in 3 races this season (2x Grade 1 and won a Grade 2)

He's hardly Dame De Compagnie or Champ is he?

He's placed at 2 festivals, he's more Melon/My Tent Or Yours than people have mentioned perhaps

I don't think you're right that inexperience will catch him out.... 1 or 2 too good might

Comment

• I’ve been thinking the last couple of days... Samcro’s price is kind of crazy.

won the Marsh last year and the Ballymore the year before yet he’s 20/1.

Recency bias is clearly a thing... tried over a trip that didn’t suit last time and pushed out to 20/1 for this.

Samcro has way more class than IA, Allaho and others. Yep. I’m backing it.

Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        I don't think you're right that inexperience will catch him out.... 1 or 2 too good might

inexperience over fences, dont think he's that great of a jumper
                        agreed, there are a few better horses in this race

Comment

• Originally posted by Topofthegame2021 View Post
                          I’ve been thinking the last couple of days... Samcro’s price is kind of crazy.

won the Marsh last year and the Ballymore the year before yet he’s 20/1.

Recency bias is clearly a thing... tried over a trip that didn’t suit last time and pushed out to 20/1 for this.

Samcro has way more class than IA, Allaho and others. Yep. I’m backing it.

Thoughts?

See the logic, and backed him a few weeks back at around 20/1 + boost, wouldn't surpise me if we hear that he's not traveling over for what ever reason

GE really need to start firing in some winners, too quiet for my liking

Comment

See the logic, and backed him a few weeks back at around 20/1 + boost, wouldn't surpise me if we hear that he's not traveling over for what ever reason

GE really need to start firing in some winners, too quiet for my liking
                            That’s a possibility although I really do think he’d be on the boat as long as he’s well, what else does Gordy have for the race?!

14/1 NRNB is still too big IMO

Comment

• 14/1 NRNB is decent
                              If I had cashout, I would trade it out with my 20/1's

Comment

inexperience over fences, dont think he's that great of a jumper
                                agreed, there are a few better horses in this race
                                Must be a few winners that were novices the year before of this race?

He hasn't got as many runs under his belt as some of the seasoned chasers, but he's one of the ones on the upgrade...

6 runs over fences, 4 of them in graded chases.

Still, as favourite he's easy to look past. He's always, always been short.... 12s best price?

Comment

Working...
                                X