Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

    I've decided to add Tornado Flyer at 33/1 NRNB for now...

    Still hoping for my 60's e/w closer to the time though
    I'd say welcome to the club but you were banging the TF drum long before me

    Comment


    • Originally posted by charlie View Post

      I'd say welcome to the club but you were banging the TF drum long before me
      Not that it's helped me win any money.....


      Will be some drop outs I'd assume but looking the most interesting Ryanair for a while. I get annoyed when people say that over the summer but single digit days away now

      Comment


      • I like Tornado Flyer, he has a big win in him but feel he's better suited when conditions are leaning towards testing
        New course will probably suit

        A bit of rain coming over the next few days, I'd like to see what the forecast is like going into next week. If there's a chance of it coming up on the softer side then I'll be backing him before final decs

        Comment


        • ....today’s Cheltenham Countdown offer with Hills is Min @ 7-1.

          Comment


          • I still think Real Steel is a very fair bet at 20/1 EW. Conscious a lot of us have ante positions locked and loaded, but for those having a bet this week or on the day, I think he's a good option. There are currently 11 ahead of him in the market with 4 of those looking unlikely to go. 6 of the remaining 7 are all single figures prices, so are plenty short enough now. I feel like this is the type of horse you can easily knock as a selection, but wouldn't be too surprised were he to go close or win. He travelled like a weapon into the Gold Cup. No horse was going better IMO as they turned in, he just doesn't see out 3m. He's finished 6th by 7 lengths beating a number of 170+ chasers, which was decent form. Same story in the King George, travelled into the race nicely, just doesn't want 3m. Back over 2m5f on decent spring ground and I think this horse could definitely hit the frame at a big double figure price.
            Last edited by charlie; 9 March 2021, 12:05 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by charlie View Post
              I still think Real Steel is a very fair bet at 20/1 EW. Conscious a lot of us have ante positions locked and loaded, but for those having a bet this week or on the day, I think he's a good option. There are currently 11 ahead of him in the market with 4 of those looking unlikely to go. 6 of the remaining 7 are all single figures prices, so are plenty short enough now. I feel like this is the type of horse you can easily knock as a selection, but wouldn't be too surprised were he to go close or win. He travelled like a weapon into the Gold Cup. No horse was going better IMO as they turned in, he just doesn't see out 3m. He's finished 6th by 7 lengths beating a number of 170+ chasers, which was decent form. Same story in the King George, travelled into the race nicely, just doesn't want 3m. Back over 2m5f on decent spring ground and I think this horse could definitely hit the frame at a big double figure price.
              Fairly sure BSP will be bigger than 20/1.

              Comment


              • Samcro entered for the 2 miles grade 2 in navan on Saturday (along with eclair de Beaufeu & Battleoverdoyen for the same yard & owner) surely not a possibility of this being on the table? I know horses get entries for unlikely engagements all the time, but it just seems odd to even waste an entry here

                Comment


                • ...JoB leaving it late to decide Fakir Doudairies but perhaps leaning towards Ryanair:

                  https://cheltenham.attheraces.com/ne...tenham-options

                  Comment


                  • who do you think townend is more likely to ride?

                    Comment


                    • The Mullins stable tour left me with the impression he would ride allaho

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by samcow View Post
                        who do you think townend is more likely to ride?
                        I think he's more likely to ride Min.

                        .....but it wouldn't even surprise me if he rode Melon


                        Whoever he ends up on, ends up fav, right?

                        Comment


                        • Ruby was asked this question the other night and without hesitation he said Min. And while on the subject of Min, I think people have written him off quite easily. I'm still not sold on Allaho whatsoever. There potential there, but I'm siding with experience.

                          Comment


                          • o
                            Originally posted by samcow View Post
                            who do you think townend is more likely to ride?
                            Ruby says Min is the one
                            Patrick says Melon

                            For whatever that is worth!

                            Comment


                            • And i think he'll ride Allaho despite what Ruby says

                              Comment


                              • ....Eddie O’Leary seems quite sweet on Samcro;

                                ’He worked well yesterday & as a two time Festival winner he is entitled to go. When he can breath and is right, there is no horse alive who can beat him’.

                                i imagine the 16-1 NRNB with 365 may not last long.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X