Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Queen Mother Champion Chase 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• They found a Bogey.

Comment

• Epatante given a clean bill of health though. A1 according to Hendo

Comment

• Nube Negra going straight to Champion Chase.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post

So did Newmill. We went through this a few weeks ago.

Those who thought that CPS was struggling to get home yesterday are ignoring the report from the course that he was just dossing and had plenty left.
            Spot on , I think we will take Paul T's word for it rather than what people are looking at on TV.

For those saying he hasn't been in battle or have much left etc look at what happened when Defi joined him briefly after the last at Punch he bolted away again in a matter of strides.

As others have alluded too the pace he is setting mid race (DRF for example) is basically burning off rivals before they get to finish they have nothing left to give.

He has now beaten the Arkle winner & Ryanair winner comfortably this year. Last year he beat the Arkle & JLT winner comfortably, the form is rock solid other than his first run last season (look how much he has come on both seasons for the run he obviously needs it)

Comment

• Someone on here is a big Nube Negra fan..... I remember slamming someone for liking him once for the Arkle

I did the same with Dodging Bullets too

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Someone on here is a big Nube Negra fan..... I remember slamming someone for liking him once for the Arkle

I did the same with Dodging Bullets too
                I quite liked him at the start of his novice year Kev he had some not bad early form. Was ultimately not quite up to it last year.

Yesterday was my hope in the start of a Grand Annual bid throws that idea away now haha! He stepped up massively from last season yesterday. Time will tell whether he is up to champion Chase quality.

Comment

• Any of the NRNB prices tempted anyone here?

Min 6/1
                  Chacun Pour Soi 5/4 (best price 6/4 without NRNB)
                  Put The Kettle On 14/1
                  Defi Du Seuil 12/1
                  Fakir D'Oudaries 20/1
                  Le Richebourg 33/1
                  Melon 25/1
                  Sceau Royal 40/1

Min wouldn't go off 6/1 if he ran...you'd have to assume IF he ran, it's because Chacun Pour Soi is out, leaving Min to race against Politilogue again...and Altior.

Not sure I can be bothered tying up the stake though

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    Any of the NRNB prices tempted anyone here?

Min 6/1
                    Chacun Pour Soi 5/4 (best price 6/4 without NRNB)
                    Put The Kettle On 14/1
                    Defi Du Seuil 12/1
                    Fakir D'Oudaries 20/1
                    Le Richebourg 33/1
                    Melon 25/1
                    Sceau Royal 40/1

Min wouldn't go off 6/1 if he ran...you'd have to assume IF he ran, it's because Chacun Pour Soi is out, leaving Min to race against Politilogue again...and Altior.

Not sure I can be bothered tying up the stake though
                    The 5/4 nrnb is def better value than the 6/4 witjout it. Surely close to evens to make the festival at all. Is PTKO the same price as without nrnb?
                    melon at 25s? He wouldnt be that price if turning up here but Id be very doubtful we will see him here if Chacun is fit

Comment

• Have backed PTKO and Rouge Vif before start of season and the are now bigger odds, so that went well!! Still i have not given up on either of them as expect them to be much improved in March back at Cheltenham. Since then i have been most impressed with CPS and hes clearly the one to beat for me. Nube Negra looked ok at Kempton but that looked a poor race to me, and Poli won well in the TC, but again looked a poor race.
                      Any owner/trainer best hope that Hendo dont decide to run Shishkin though!! Think he would have won that Kempton race had he ran in that instead of the novice, and won it easily.
                      Nothing else i can see unless Altior can somehow come back, and thats looking unlikely from what i have seen, sadly.
                      Conclusion ........CPS to win but PTKO may well be a lot closer, and could possibly take advantage of any weakness in CPS up the hill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnage at Taunton View Post
                        Have backed PTKO and Rouge Vif before start of season and the are now bigger odds, so that went well!! Still i have not given up on either of them as expect them to be much improved in March back at Cheltenham. Since then i have been most impressed with CPS and hes clearly the one to beat for me. Nube Negra looked ok at Kempton but that looked a poor race to me, and Poli won well in the TC, but again looked a poor race.
                        Any owner/trainer best hope that Hendo dont decide to run Shishkin though!! Think he would have won that Kempton race had he ran in that instead of the novice, and won it easily.
                        Nothing else i can see unless Altior can somehow come back, and thats looking unlikely from what i have seen, sadly.
                        Conclusion ........CPS to win but PTKO may well be a lot closer, and could possibly take advantage of any weakness in CPS up the hill.
                        Welcome to the forum. Great name, what’s the story behind it?

Comment

• Thank you Charlie.
                          Few years ago now was involved in a small syndicate, and we had a runner in a novice hurdle race at Taunton, probably an 8 hour or so round trip for us.
                          2nd hurdle one of the horses decided he did not want to jump, and took out ours and i think 3 others, maybe 4.
                          Last think i remember was one of my mates running round the in field where he had gone to take photos, trying to dodge loose horses!!
                          Needless to say the bar had our company a bit longer than was planned!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnage at Taunton View Post
                            Thank you Charlie.
                            Few years ago now was involved in a small syndicate, and we had a runner in a novice hurdle race at Taunton, probably an 8 hour or so round trip for us.
                            2nd hurdle one of the horses decided he did not want to jump, and took out ours and i think 3 others, maybe 4.
                            Last think i remember was one of my mates running round the in field where he had gone to take photos, trying to dodge loose horses!!
                            Needless to say the bar had our company a bit longer than was planned!!!
                            Hahah very unfortunate but brilliant story

I agree re PTKO and CPS. I think connections will fancy their chances back at Cheltenham up that hill

Comment

• Do people see ptko running here over the mares chase ?

Comment

• Yes, I’d think it’s the most likely, but wouldn’t completely discount a switch.
                                Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Working...
                                X