Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

Gold Cup 2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    He's 7 years old Charlie so I'm not buying the arguement that he'll be bottomed if he runs.

    He's had plenty of chasing experience as Spectre points out, more than most of his potential GC rivals.

    He'll take a hell of a lot of beating in the NH Chase but imagine if he bolts up in that. RR and VW would be left wondering what could have been.

    ​​​​​​
    Perhaps he'll consider how he feels about Vautour not going for the Gold Cup?

    Comment


    • ROYAL PAGAILLE

      Rich Ricci's Record in the GOLD CUP (last 10 years)

      2020 - No Runner
      2019 - No Runner
      2018 - 5th Djakadam (OR 162) 25/1
      2017 - 4th Djakadam (OR 165) 3/1F
      2016 - 2nd Djakadam (OR 170) 9/2
      2015 - 2nd Djakadam (OR 162) 10/1
      2014 - No Runner
      2013 - No Runner
      2012 - 9th The Midnight Club 11yo (OR 145) 100/1
      2011 - No Runner


      Venetia Williams Record in the GOLD CUP (last 10 years)

      2020 - No Runner
      2019 - 7th Yalal Enki (155) 100/1
      2018 - No Runner
      2017 - No Runner
      2016 - No Runner
      2015 - 11th Houblon Des Obeaux (161) 33/1
      2014 - 9th Houblon Des Obeaux 7yo (158) 50/1 and 11th Katenko (155) 66/1
      2013 - No Runner
      2012 - No Runner
      2011 - No Runner

      ------------------------------------------------------

      Rich Ricci's Record in the NATIONAL HUNT CHASE (last 10 years)

      Grade 2
      2020 - No Runner
      2019 - No Runner
      2018 - Unpl Pylon the Pressure (OR 135) 16/1
      2017 - PU Arbre De Vie (OR 145) 14/1

      Listed
      2016 - PU Pont Alexandra (OR 149) 15/2
      2015 - No Runner
      2014 - No Runner
      2013 - No Runner
      2012 - No Runner
      2011 - No Runner


      Venetia Williams Record in the NATIONAL HUNT CHASE (last 10 years)

      Grade 2
      2020 - No Runner
      2019 - No Runner
      2018 - No Runner
      2017 - No Runner

      Listed
      2016 - PU Waldorf Salad (131) 66/1
      2015 - UR Royal Palladium (122) 100/1
      2014 - No Runner
      2013 - 7th Emperors Choice (134) 11/1
      2012 - No Runner
      2011 - No Runner

      ---------------------------------------------------------------

      Venetia Williams has had more runners in the Gold Cup in the last 10 years than she has in the NHC

      She has had no runners in the NHC since it was moved from a Listed to a Grade 2 race.

      She has entered horses rated 122, 131 and 134 in the NHC

      She has entered horses rated 155, 155, 158, 161 in the Gold Cup

      ----------------------------------------------------------------

      Rich Ricci has only had two individual runners in the Gold Cup in the last 10 years, The Midnight Club a no-hoper, followed by 4 good runs (2nd, 2nd, 4th, 5th) from Djakadam (6yo to 9yo) when rated 162, 170, 165, 162.

      Rich Ricci has had three runners in the NHC rated 135, 145 and 149.

      -----------------------------------------------------------------

      National Hunt Highest Rated horses in the last 10 years races.

      Grade 2
      2020 - 153 Lord Du Mesnil (2nd), 152 Carefully Selected
      2019 - 153 OK Corral, 150 Ballyward
      2018 - 150 Mossbank, 150 Rathvinden (1st)
      2017 - 159 Edwulf, 152 Tiger Roll (1st)

      Listed
      2016 - 153 Vicente, 149 Native River (2nd)
      2015 - 148 Thunder and Roses
      2014 - 151 Shotgun Paddy, 146 Shutthefrontdoor
      2013 - 150 Back In Focus (1st) 149 Tofilo Bay (2nd)
      2012 - 146 Tea For Three (1st)
      2011 - 151 Chicago Grey (1st), 149 Alfa Beat

      8 horses rated 150 and over have run in the four years the race has been a Grade 2, only one rated above 153

      4 horses rated 150 and over ran in the last six year that the race was Listed status, none rated above 153.

      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

      Comment


      • Stats trends knowledge. Saxon Warrior is the man!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          He's 7 years old Charlie so I'm not buying the arguement that he'll be bottomed if he runs.

          He's had plenty of chasing experience as Spectre points out, more than most of his potential GC rivals.

          He'll take a hell of a lot of beating in the NH Chase but imagine if he bolts up in that. RR and VW would be left wondering what could have been.

          ​​​​​​
          His age on its own is irrelevant to 'bottoming out' - I was referring to being 7 and entering the GC having only raced at the level he has.

          He has some experience, but you want proper graded experience on your CV going into a Gold Cup. All very well lobbing along comfortably on heavy ground vs 130's horses - comfort zone 101. On better ground vs serious animals he could be taken completely out of his comfort zone, which is something connections need to think very carefully about before making their decision.

          Or they could look at it the other way - find out how good he is in 2021 and hopefully celebrate a Cheltenham winner, then look forward to him in 2022.

          Like I said, I hope he comes here, I just don't think he will.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
            ROYAL PAGAILLE

            Rich Ricci's Record in the GOLD CUP (last 10 years)

            2020 - No Runner
            2019 - No Runner
            2018 - 5th Djakadam (OR 162) 25/1
            2017 - 4th Djakadam (OR 165) 3/1F
            2016 - 2nd Djakadam (OR 170) 9/2
            2015 - 2nd Djakadam (OR 162) 10/1
            2014 - No Runner
            2013 - No Runner
            2012 - 9th The Midnight Club 11yo (OR 145) 100/1
            2011 - No Runner


            Venetia Williams Record in the GOLD CUP (last 10 years)

            2020 - No Runner
            2019 - 7th Yalal Enki (155) 100/1
            2018 - No Runner
            2017 - No Runner
            2016 - No Runner
            2015 - 11th Houblon Des Obeaux (161) 33/1
            2014 - 9th Houblon Des Obeaux 7yo (158) 50/1 and 11th Katenko (155) 66/1
            2013 - No Runner
            2012 - No Runner
            2011 - No Runner

            ------------------------------------------------------

            Rich Ricci's Record in the NATIONAL HUNT CHASE (last 10 years)

            Grade 2
            2020 - No Runner
            2019 - No Runner
            2018 - Unpl Pylon the Pressure (OR 135) 16/1
            2017 - PU Arbre De Vie (OR 145) 14/1

            Listed
            2016 - PU Pont Alexandra (OR 149) 15/2
            2015 - No Runner
            2014 - No Runner
            2013 - No Runner
            2012 - No Runner
            2011 - No Runner


            Venetia Williams Record in the NATIONAL HUNT CHASE (last 10 years)

            Grade 2
            2020 - No Runner
            2019 - No Runner
            2018 - No Runner
            2017 - No Runner

            Listed
            2016 - PU Waldorf Salad (131) 66/1
            2015 - UR Royal Palladium (122) 100/1
            2014 - No Runner
            2013 - 7th Emperors Choice (134) 11/1
            2012 - No Runner
            2011 - No Runner

            ---------------------------------------------------------------

            Venetia Williams has had more runners in the Gold Cup in the last 10 years than she has in the NHC

            She has had no runners in the NHC since it was moved from a Listed to a Grade 2 race.

            She has entered horses rated 122, 131 and 134 in the NHC

            She has entered horses rated 155, 155, 158, 161 in the Gold Cup

            ----------------------------------------------------------------

            Rich Ricci has only had two individual runners in the Gold Cup in the last 10 years, The Midnight Club a no-hoper, followed by 4 good runs (2nd, 2nd, 4th, 5th) from Djakadam (6yo to 9yo) when rated 162, 170, 165, 162.

            Rich Ricci has had three runners in the NHC rated 135, 145 and 149.

            -----------------------------------------------------------------

            National Hunt Highest Rated horses in the last 10 years races.

            Grade 2
            2020 - 153 Lord Du Mesnil (2nd), 152 Carefully Selected
            2019 - 153 OK Corral, 150 Ballyward
            2018 - 150 Mossbank, 150 Rathvinden (1st)
            2017 - 159 Edwulf, 152 Tiger Roll (1st)

            Listed
            2016 - 153 Vicente, 149 Native River (2nd)
            2015 - 148 Thunder and Roses
            2014 - 151 Shotgun Paddy, 146 Shutthefrontdoor
            2013 - 150 Back In Focus (1st) 149 Tofilo Bay (2nd)
            2012 - 146 Tea For Three (1st)
            2011 - 151 Chicago Grey (1st), 149 Alfa Beat

            8 horses rated 150 and over have run in the four years the race has been a Grade 2, only one rated above 153

            4 horses rated 150 and over ran in the last six year that the race was Listed status, none rated above 153.

            -------------------------------------------------------------------------
            I feel like if you emailed that to VW and RR, they'd declare it on the spot he'd run in the Gold Cup.

            Comment


            • Not been on this forum very long but it’s been long enough to realise that their are some very well respected knowledgeable people on here. So to have a horse come along and get so many of those people talking about him and debating is testament to the horse and his unknown potential. Personally I hope this carries on to gold cup day.

              Comment


              • Lets face it.
                I'm sure I've said so much already.
                They'd be fucking stupid to run in any other race.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                  Lets face it.
                  I'm sure I've said so much already.
                  They'd be fucking stupid to run in any other race.
                  Thats the way I see it.

                  Couldnt have put it better myself.

                  Rich Ricci must be beside himself with joy that this ones come from novice handicapper to Gold Cup class in no time at all.
                  "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

                  Comment


                  • After opening up 6/4, Royal Pagaille to run in the Gold Cup is now 10/11 fav with Sky to run here.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      After opening up 6/4, Royal Pagaille to run in the Gold Cup is now 10/11 fav with Sky to run here.
                      Would be fascinating if this was an exchange market.... can this be suggested I wonder?

                      Comment


                      • Saxon has just posted prize money for Cheltenham races. If RP was placed in the GC he'd pick up around the same as if he would winning the NHC. Another reason why the GC is fav.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          After opening up 6/4, Royal Pagaille to run in the Gold Cup is now 10/11 fav with Sky to run here.
                          Is that non runner no bet !

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ice View Post

                            Is that non runner no bet !
                            Haha, I see they've had to specifically address that

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ice View Post

                              Is that non runner no bet !
                              See post 1006 Ice. Ta.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rooster Booster View Post

                                Would be fascinating if this was an exchange market.... can this be suggested I wonder?
                                Yep, you can request them to create any market (within reason)...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X