Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You'd imagine, given his come back is so late in the season, he'd have wanted him forward enough, given it would be this and then straight to the Champion Hurdle to avoid him bouncing. My guess is they'll be quite disappointed right now.
    Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
      Awful from Nico.
      Completely underestimated the staying prowess of the front runner.

Well done TOTG, might be unlucky with the the NH chase double though.
      Seems to be a common recurrence that.

Comment

• Henderson blaming the ground, didnt he know that this morning?

Yes he obviously needed the run but i expected a bit more, the winner kept pulling away near the end after getting first run. Just expected him to be a bit closer getting the weight as well.

One to maybe look at on the day but no bet on BD after that today for me

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
          Henderson blaming the ground, didnt he know that this morning?
          Hasn't he always said he's better on softer ground? Always looking for an excuse Henderson.

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post

Hasn't he always said he's better on softer ground? Always looking for an excuse Henderson.

I saw nicky say the foot has collapsed a little since the injury. He would now be entitled to feel the ground more then before.

Although he could get back to the level he was before, for this reason i couldnt back him myself, knowing if he didnt win i would be kicking myself that i knew better than to.

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post

He is getting on my nerves more and more as this season progresses

Comment

• Just watched today's race. Even taking into account any fitness issues, BD just didn't look happy the whole way around. To me, he looked like he was feeling something. I do hope that if they feel he has declined then they don't push on with him. As a dual Champion Hurdler he deserves better than that.

Comment

• Watch the supreme trial vs TNO hurdle today on split screen simultaneous and it just highlights how tactical it was, like the KG all over again. Cracking stuff from Quinlan but the pair behind him happy to sit off even on very slow fractions for the first 1M of that last circuit was crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                    Watch the supreme trial vs TNO hurdle today on split screen simultaneous and it just highlights how tactical it was, like the KG all over again. Cracking stuff from Quinlan but the pair behind him happy to sit off even on very slow fractions for the first 1M of that last circuit was crazy.
                    Correctamundo
                    poor jockeys in behind

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post

Correctamundo
                      poor jockeys in behind
                      Done some jockey bashing of late haven't we

Comment

• Navajo Pass unlikely to run in Champion Hurdle. Trainer/Owner preference is Aintree Hurdle.

Comment

• Joe Chambers gave a very positive nod to Saldier backers on Luck on Sunday there

Comment

• Originally posted by Morley Street View Post
                            Joe Chambers gave a very positive nod to Saldier backers on Luck on Sunday there
                            Missed it MS, what was said ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

Missed it MS, what was said ?
                              He was specifically asked about Sharjah and responded along the lines of ‘don’t forget Saldier, we were very happy with his run and he is the one who will continue to improve’

Comment

• Originally posted by Morley Street View Post
                                Joe Chambers gave a very positive nod to Saldier backers on Luck on Sunday there
                                50s with hills to win ich and ch for anyone interested

Comment

Working...
                                X