Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme/Ballymore/Albert Bartlett - Novice Hurdles 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last year was the first in a long while where the main protagonists all actually featured, usually very rough to fire darts at. What's peoples general consensus on "Appreciate It" progressing already being 6? obvs judge every horse on their own merits and he was a standout bumper horse last year,but previous 6yo in the bumper sphere that have run at festivals seem to not go on as much as others as you would probably expect to be fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      This is just potentially rambling, but is there ever a season where a Gigginstown 'future chaser' isn't well fancied for the Albert Bartlett?

How many of them have actually won?

In the last 10 years, only 1 win - 4 places for the owners - which isn't bad.

If I went back another year it is 2 wins

I'll always, always try and find the owners "most likely" but this race is fooking hard ante post
      Won by a horse this side of the water 8 times in the last 15 years so the Irish certainly haven't had it all their own way in this race. Food for thought.

Comment

• Keith D on Ballyadam

'Faster than the likes of Envoi. All speed, very quick jumper, I'd say he could one taking stock in the supreme'
        'Imagine they will try keep Ballyadam at 2m' 'Is very laid back if they had to go up in trip he could but I'd say he will be aimed at all the 2 mile races'

Last edited by Run4Home; 29 October 2020, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
          Last year was the first in a long while where the main protagonists all actually featured, usually very rough to fire darts at. What's peoples general consensus on "Appreciate It" progressing already being 6? obvs judge every horse on their own merits and he was a standout bumper horse last year,but previous 6yo in the bumper sphere that have run at festivals seem to not go on as much as others as you would probably expect to be fair.
          An interesting point, as he's a horse I'm actually anticipating being a short, single figure price for the Ballymore by March!

I suppose my main defense is that the vibes and comments about him from the yard are that he is definitely going to be one for the future. They seem to love him. That does outweigh his 'age' for me, but to be honest before they actually jump an obstacle it's a bit silly to get too invested, as exciting as it is.

Comment

• I wouldn't be concerned about Appreciate It being 7 come March, UK and Irish breds are always slower coming to hand compared to the French breds but as a result they generally hold their form at 9/10+ whereas the French horses regress sooner...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
              I wouldn't be concerned about Appreciate It being 7 come March, UK and Irish breds are always slower coming to hand compared to the French breds but as a result they generally hold their form at 9/10+ whereas the French horses regress sooner...
              I guess the point i'm trying to discuss is him being 6 last year & any bumper horse for that matter is an advantage physically. The obvious counter is,he achieved a very high level so Is clearly very talented already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post

I guess the point i'm trying to discuss is him being 6 last year & any bumper horse for that matter is an advantage physically. The obvious counter is,he achieved a very high level so Is clearly very talented already.
                Yeah that's definitely worth noting.

I still would go back to the stable comments and have to be very disappointed if they're wrong about him!

If they are, the theory you put forward will certainly move up in my thought process moving forwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                  Keith D on Ballyadam

'Faster than the likes of Envoi. All speed, very quick jumper, I'd say he could one taking stock in the supreme'
                  'Imagine they will try keep Ballyadam at 2m' 'Is very laid back if they had to go up in trip he could but I'd say he will be aimed at all the 2 mile races'
                  That’s handy the day after I bit the bullet and backed him for the Ballymore before his reappearance this weekend!

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post

That’s handy the day after I bit the bullet and backed him for the Ballymore before his reappearance this weekend!
                    The last few seasons Gordon's best Novice Hurdler has ended up in the Ballymore so I wouldn't give up hope by any means that he goes there.

Comment

• David Mullins was super sweet on Appreciate It. Said it was his one horse to follow for the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

The last few seasons Gordon's best Novice Hurdler has ended up in the Ballymore so I wouldn't give up hope by any means that he goes there.
                        I'm pretty sure I've commented on this before but surely Gordon's 'best' horses went to the Ballymore because it was the right race for them not because of superstition?
                        If Gordon's best Novice Hurdler last season was Abacadabras, would he have run him in the Ballymore and not the Supreme?

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post

I'm pretty sure I've commented on this before but surely Gordon's 'best' horses went to the Ballymore because it was the right race for them not because of superstition?
                          If Gordon's best Novice Hurdler last season was Abacadabras, would he have run him in the Ballymore and not the Supreme?
                          We have done this before. If Envoi wasn't about yes, Aba may well have gone Ballymore. Gordon does favour the Ballymore over the Supreme . Most of his horses are chasers in the making and the Ballymore just fits that profile better than the Supreme. Ballyadam may well end up in the 2 mile race but history tells us that Gordon has a sweet spot for the intermediate distance.

Comment

• Where does everyone think Ballyadam will go? Maybe we need a poll

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

We have done this before. If Envoi wasn't about yes, Aba may well have gone Ballymore. Gordon does favour the Ballymore over the Supreme . Most of his horses are chasers in the making and the Ballymore just fits that profile better than the Supreme. Ballyadam may well end up in the 2 mile race but history tells us that Gordon has a sweet spot for the intermediate distance.
                              Can't agree with that at all Lobos. Aba is a 2 miler and would have gone Supreme regardless.

Gordon said EA was bought to win a GC so it made sense to step him up. Im not sure thats the long term aim with Ballyadam is it? I dont think he favours either race. Will just depend on what suits the horse best.

Every quote Ive seen regarding Ballyadam mentions his speed, so looks like the Supreme for now, unless he shows otherwise on the track.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post
                                Where does everyone think Ballyadam will go? Maybe we need a poll
                                The more I listen I think Supreme , originally thought ballymore.
                                keith and Codd both suggested the supreme, and Keith again last night talking about how he’s such a slick jumper and ‘all speed’. ‘Totally different to Envoi’
                                they talk about him as a speed horse; not once mentioning chasing (which is rare for the stable) which suggest maybe a CH horse next season.

One of these pointless guessing at I doubt even within the stable they know yet; the horse will tell them during the year.

hoping for just a good run tomorrow that he backs up the hype
                                Last edited by Run4Home; 30 October 2020, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X