Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme/Ballymore/Albert Bartlett - Novice Hurdles 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by harchibald View Post

Yes I agree with that - which race do you think he'll be aimed at in Cheltenham?
    He ran over 2 and a half today and looked plenty quick enough but won on the flat over 2 miles so I'd suspect Ballymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
      Cape Gentleman was hugely impressive there. Jumped really well apart from diving at one but always landed full of running. Only seems to be priced up with Unibet right now but hopefully more will price him up after today.

Edit 25s with Hills added.
      It was a highly promising introduction to hurdles by Cape Gentleman. B365 only 14/1 and unfortunately I am having issues with WH. Taken 22/1 ew with PP for the Ballymore

Comment

• A positive for the Dusart form line there over at Uttoxeter, as a horse I am keen on anyway (going forward), No Risk Des Flos, opens up his account. He finished over 13 lengths behind Dusart at Newbury.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          A positive for the Dusart form line there over at Uttoxeter, as a horse I am keen on anyway (going forward), No Risk Des Flos, opens up his account. He finished over 13 lengths behind Dusart at Newbury.
          Didn't look a truly run race the one Dusart won.
          He could be good. And may be even better given a proper race. This is certainly what backers would be hoping for.

But although a marginal form boost today, in very different conditions.
          The rest of the form of the Dusart race looks shit though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post

He could be good. And may be even better given a proper race. This is certainly what backers would be hoping for.

Soaring Glory has form that ties in with Bravemansgame - and that looks fairly decent now.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post

The 2nd placed horse, Soaring Glory, was also looking like winning again, before falling, next time out. But you're right, up until now you wouldn't call it a hot race to follow.

You're also right, it didn't look a truly run race, which is why I feel the manner of his victory was more impressive, as he quickened up well, and on the bare face of his pedigree that is something I wouldn't have expected. It also probably explains why some of the bigger priced runners finished as close as they did.

Also worth noting, as seems to have fallen on deaf ears a few times, that was his first ever public run. Those horses he was running against had been either already out, and in some cases, winning, hurdle races, bumpers or PTP's.

I don't put him in the Shishkin bracket, but I can't knock him for the Supreme, because he beat, what may turn out to be average horses first time up. And I was merely pointing out a small form line anyhow

Comment

• Dusart jumped and looked like a chaser to me

Think he may be one for next year

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

The 2nd placed horse, Soaring Glory, was also looking like winning again, before falling, next time out. But you're right, up until now you wouldn't call it a hot race to follow.

You're also right, it didn't look a truly run race, which is why I feel the manner of his victory was more impressive, as he quickened up well, and on the bare face of his pedigree that is something I wouldn't have expected. It also probably explains why some of the bigger priced runners finished as close as they did.

Also worth noting, as seems to have fallen on deaf ears a few times, that was his first ever public run. Those horses he was running against had been either already out, and in some cases, winning, hurdle races, bumpers or PTP's.

I don't put him in the Shishkin bracket, but I can't knock him for the Supreme, because he beat, what may turn out to be average horses first time up. And I was merely pointing out a small form line anyhow
                  The Newbury race was effectively a two horse race. It wasn't as if he was struggling to see off a 100/1 shot. Anything that goes in from the pack is just a little bonus. Soaring Glory is a decent horse at the moment and has the scope to progress further.

The point about the slowly run race is almost certainly a positive, not a negative. In all likelihood the winner won despite the pace.

He still has plenty to prove, but it is no different for the others at the top of the market.

Comment

• There have been a few strange dropping back in trip runs this season. Make Me A Believer is another on Friday. I find it very hard to see him as a two miler. Had he run over three miles I wouldn't have been surprised.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post

The Newbury race was effectively a two horse race. It wasn't as if he was struggling to see off a 100/1 shot. Anything that goes in from the pack is just a little bonus. Soaring Glory is a decent horse at the moment and has the scope to progress further.

The point about the slowly run race is almost certainly a positive, not a negative. In all likelihood the winner won despite the pace.

He still has plenty to prove, but it is no different for the others at the top of the market.
                      I agree completely KB

With the exception of Ballyadam, the rest near the head of the market have had just the one run. They're all mostly sitting where they are in the market on potential, currently.

Here's hoping he shows up well the next time

Comment

• 143P BALLYADAM
                        143p SHEWEARSITWELL
                        139 CASK MATE
                        139 CIEL DE NEIGE
                        139 N'GOLO
                        138 PERFECT MYTH
                        137P FERNY HOLLOW
                        136p BOB OLINGER
                        136p ENEMY COAST AHEAD
                        135p DOES HE KNOW
                        135p THIRD TIME LUCKI

Comment

• Anybody heard/know anything more about the rumor of injury to Ferny Hollow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooldaddy View Post
                            Anybody heard/know anything more about the rumor of injury to Ferny Hollow?
                            As I just mentioned in the Novice Chase thread I'm just off a Zoom Leopardstown Preview. Patrick was asked about Ferny's target at Christmas, he didn't allude to any injury, just that he has loads of speed & you can expect to see him out over the minimum trip next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post

As I just mentioned in the Novice Chase thread I'm just off a Zoom Leopardstown Preview. Patrick was asked about Ferny's target at Christmas, he didn't allude to any injury, just that he has loads of speed & you can expect to see him out over the minimum trip next time.
                              Also take that with a pinch of salt and not by anyway a confirmation that he's OK, did he not say a load of stuff regarding Aramons well being after we were told he was out for the season?

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post

Also take that with a pinch of salt and not by anyway a confirmation that he's OK, did he not say a load of stuff regarding Aramons well being after we were told he was out for the season?
                                He did, and the proximity of him saying it and the 'news' breaking weren't far apart

Comment

Working...
                                X