Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

Supreme/Ballymore/Albert Bartlett - Novice Hurdles 2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
    I’

    No choice but to let it run anyway as PP removed cashout, exact same as they did with Galopin. So with that in mind I’ll be wary of backing any of Mullins with PP going forward.
    365 also not re-added, feels like the rules of the game have changed a bit and we will need to adapt our strategy accordingly

    Comment


    • If someone requested to have capodanno re added to the supreme market with pp, would cash out come back? It would probably have to be someone who hasnt backed him though or they might catch on to what your doing.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by riccirich View Post
        If someone requested to have capodanno re added to the supreme market with pp, would cash out come back? It would probably have to be someone who hasnt backed him though or they might catch on to what your doing.
        Wouldn't matter. Galopin is still suspended and he is still in the race market.

        I think it's time to adjust strategy.

        Comment


        • Probably his next entry and run could prompt a re-entry into their markets.

          He jumped very slickly for the bulk of the race, but the extra 3F on heavy ground probably didn’t help a horse lacking race fitness.



          "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post

            365 also not re-added, feels like the rules of the game have changed a bit and we will need to adapt our strategy accordingly
            Betfair took cash-out away mid-race and it hasn't returned. Farewell, dreams, you are with the angels (or maybe County Hurdle) now

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jorvik View Post

              Betfair took cash-out away mid-race and it hasn't returned. Farewell, dreams, you are with the angels (or maybe County Hurdle) now
              .....that has made me feel a whole lot better, a bit of comfort knowing the 2pts I staked on Capodanno for the Supreme this morning is safe and well in betting heaven having a great time with all the other bet slips I’ve lost this year, being looked after by the St Patrick of Power and his Angels, may their completely devalued cash outs rest in peace

              on a separate note I think Patrick Mullins is a crap jockey and getting worse with age, if his riding skills were as good as his skill of avoiding answering questions he’d probably win more of the races he should have won!!!
              Last edited by The King Pimm; 3 December 2020, 05:18 PM.

              Comment


              • Fiston Des Issards cash out randomly came back with PP during the week after being suspended in a similar manner for a few weeks. He might get added back to the market at some point in the future.

                I cant see myself being so lucky again though but we live in hope
                Last edited by Hurdles or chasing; 3 December 2020, 05:39 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                  on a separate note I think Patrick Mullins is a crap jockey and getting worse with age, if his riding skills were as good as his skill of avoiding answering questions he’d probably win more of the races he should have won!!!
                  Agree with this. Capodanno this year.........Power Of Pause last year. He is a fat jockey forum dream destroyer.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Eireman View Post
                    Agree with this. Capodanno this year.........Power Of Pause last year. He is a fat jockey forum dream destroyer.
                    I can’t recall him winning on any horse I’ve backed with him on board and they always start as either favourite or at the top of the market

                    Comment


                    • I was going to back the mystery horse any race, but it seemed too obvious to be running a county hurdle horse in the same race for the same colours and trainer as last year.
                      He'll probably come out and run in another maiden and hopefully is much improved. Then you never know where he may turn up. There's a good chance Saint Roi would have been competitive in the supreme had he run there.

                      Although I like unbeaten horses going for the supreme ideally, they (shitty debuts) do pop up every now and then.

                      They seem to think he's smart, so hopefully he is the next day, and not just one of those works better than actual races types.

                      Comment


                      • Very disappointed in Capodanno, I struggle to buy that the plan was always for the County though. Given how he was in the betting, over a trip 3f too far, am I mad in still being hopeful?

                        Surely if he was ready for this, he wouldn't have drifted like he did. He hurdled pretty nicely, travelled okay, and I'll be generous and say that he wasn't given a hard time at the end. I'm hoping we see another entry over Christmas and we will learn more, and I really hope this isn't just a case of sending a supreme horse down the county route.

                        Comment


                        • ....Capodanno remains unaltered for the Supreme at 50-1 and 20-1 in Hills TWAR market.

                          Comment


                          • 2 mile 3f in that ground ........need to give him another chance. If he is declared for one of the big Supreme 'trials' at Xmas then it's still game on.

                            Comment


                            • So for the Supreme, do we have any stand out candidates so far. I have been very bullish about Ferny Hollow since his Cheltenham Bumper win and although I have Ballyadam backed as well, what else has shown the potential to win this? Maybe the Supreme will be sub standard in 2021 or is Ferny Hollow actually very good?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Nortons who View Post
                                So for the Supreme, do we have any stand out candidates so far. I have been very bullish about Ferny Hollow since his Cheltenham Bumper win and although I have Ballyadam backed as well, what else has shown the potential to win this? Maybe the Supreme will be sub standard in 2021 or is Ferny Hollow actually very good?
                                It's crying out for something to come out and put their name in the frame as so far very little has looked worth talking about.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X