Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

Supreme/Ballymore/Albert Bartlett - Novice Hurdles 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've backed him for the Bartlett - seems to fit the profile a little better.

2nd season novice - experience often counts in the Bartlett
    Could follow the Thyme Hill route to the Festival

I feel that he would have real chance in the Bartlett, but not in the Ballymore.

Comment

• Capodanno taking a large walk in the betting late on

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post
        Capodanno taking a large walk in the betting late on
        Having backed the hills special for today and the supreme, after the drift I've now backed him today and if he wins will roll it up on the ballymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post
          Capodanno taking a large walk in the betting late on
          Opened up @ 1/2

Comment

• Maybe connections feel that he needs the run?
            Saint Roi finished 5th last season - went off 1/3

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post

Having backed the hills special for today and the supreme, after the drift I've now backed him today and if he wins will roll it up on the ballymore.
              Poor decision that.

Comment

• That race looked so slow aswell! Not sure what the clock will suggest but it didn’t pass the eye test for sure!

Comment

• Hmm! Capodanno, looks a bit green, gets away from his hurdles well although already looks as though he'd enjoy a fence. Found nothing at the end although i'm dubious about whether much at all was asked. Certainly wont be giving sleepless nights to Supreme bets elsewhere...

Even worse, RP put up Pepite de Belle and it was a reasonably convincing case at a massive price

Comment

• i have no idea what to make of that. He has a G1 entry over christmas so they obviously think something of him at home, but the huge drift (1/2 out to 6/4) shows they didnt think he was winning today. Maybe they didnt have him fit and they knew that, maybe it was 3f too far, maybe both Maybe hes just not very good

Comment

• Ground? Or not good enough? Thought it looked well jumping
                      and made a bit each time went over the obstacles. Although never showed any speed ud want to see for a supreme winner!

Comment

• Capodanno not exactly knocked about and a drift before.
                        cash out gone

Comment

• Certainly wont be troubling any of the market principles in the Supreme. The winner beaten almost 57L by Appreciate It in her last race.

Comment

• He looked like he was running over further than what he needs, the ground isnt the best either. Hopefully improve for the run

Comment

• Wouldn't totally give up on him yet, ground looked desperate and could have been one of many reasons for the drift. Not the ideal debut by any means but wasn't given a hard time at all.

Comment

• I’d personally say not a lot to take from it at all in view of the Supreme certainly. Hurdled well enough to be fair, first run for a year for new yard.

Drift may have been telling.

But ran on heavy in France so surely ground can’t be too much on an excuse. The winner beaten half a fields length on similar ground on its last run, against a horse we all see as probably needing a trip.

No choice but to let it run anyway as PP removed cashout, exact same as they did with Galopin. So with that in mind I’ll be wary of backing any of Mullins with PP going forward.

Edit - for the supreme on debut

Comment

Working...
                                X