Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

Supreme/Ballymore/Albert Bartlett - Novice Hurdles 2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
    I cannot fathom the potato race at all this year. Excluding the handicaps I think it’s the only festival race I’m yet to have a swing at.
    Difficult to whittle down intended runners, and then there’s little I fancy. Am sure there’s value there somewhere but I’m buggered if I can find it!
    There haven't been many to indicate they are intended runners there yet maybe that's why?

    Henry's looked good, and beat a WPM horse with some ok French form and vastly more experienced from the flat. Beat a subsequent point winner easy too. I read somewhere on here questioning the form, but i'd say it's alright.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
      James du Berlais on his way to WPM for the double green team. Looks a potential star. Been on the go all season so can't imagine he will have a busy campaign. Could they be tempted by one run Feb time and a tilt at the Festival before putting him away?

      Will be high up my list of novice chasers for next season.
      He's not a novice is he so he can't run in any of these races. He's in a tricky position as a 4yo in open company so he could be quiet this season if chasing is the main target next season.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jorvik View Post
        Maiden hurdle at Clonmel tomorrow sees Willie Mullins enter Capodanno. In recent times he's used this race in the early hurdling lives of the following:
        A few have dropped out so Willies other runner Kilcruit gets in too. Should be a useful race one way or another.

        Edit: Kilcruit now a n/r!
        Last edited by Jorvik; 3 December 2020, 11:12 AM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jack1092 View Post

          There haven't been many to indicate they are intended runners there yet maybe that's why?

          Henry's looked good, and beat a WPM horse with some ok French form and vastly more experienced from the flat. Beat a subsequent point winner easy too. I read somewhere on here questioning the form, but i'd say it's alright.
          Wait for the day, list all the runners 16/1 and over and throw a dart at them if historical precedent is anything to go on (2020 excluded)

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post

            He's not a novice is he so he can't run in any of these races. He's in a tricky position as a 4yo in open company so he could be quiet this season if chasing is the main target next season.
            No he's not a novice Jackie so options are fairly limited for him for this years Festival. Can't see them getting him handicapped or pitching him into Garde 1 company can you really? But then keeping him off the track for the best part of a year seems a bit of a waste.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post

              No he's not a novice Jackie so options are fairly limited for him for this years Festival. Can't see them getting him handicapped or pitching him into Garde 1 company can you really? But then keeping him off the track for the best part of a year seems a bit of a waste.
              He'll already get a handicap mark won't he? He can go straight to the festival should they wish. Ciel Du Neige done it in the Boodles 2 seasons back, having only run in France.

              My only concern, despite his consistent form is that he has seemed to beat and then get beat (or the other way around) by the same horses. He's a consistent inconsistent type, if that's even a thing

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post

                No he's not a novice Jackie so options are fairly limited for him for this years Festival. Can't see them getting him handicapped or pitching him into Garde 1 company can you really? But then keeping him off the track for the best part of a year seems a bit of a waste.
                He has also spent most of his time running over that semi-intermediate trip of 2m2f-2m4f so, if the Festival is the aim, can he handle the drop to 2m and run in the CH as a 5yo as I don't think he'd be going up to 3m. I don't think he'd be an ante post betting proposition for me this season.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

                  He'll already get a handicap mark won't he? He can go straight to the festival should they wish. Ciel Du Neige done it in the Boodles 2 seasons back, having only run in France.

                  My only concern, despite his consistent form is that he has seemed to beat and then get beat (or the other way around) by the same horses. He's a consistent inconsistent type, if that's even a thing
                  He'd get a mark but he's a Grade 3 winner and second in two Grade 1's by narrow margins so I doubt he'll be let in lightly.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post

                    He'd get a mark but he's a Grade 3 winner and second in two Grade 1's by narrow margins so I doubt he'll be let in lightly.
                    Oh no, I agree, but he'd get a mark now, which was more my point.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jorvik View Post

                      A few have dropped out so Willies other runner Kilcruit gets in too. Should be a useful race one way or another.

                      Edit: Kilcruit now a n/r!
                      Yeah runs in bumper Saturday....

                      Navan is really worth a look, some serious potential in there.
                      Last edited by jack1092; 3 December 2020, 11:21 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post

                        Yes saw he was 33/1 for the Ballymore, but having watched his last run he didn't look short of speed. Seems a no brainer with the benefit of cashout at 50/1.
                        Just had a look back too and youre right he doesn't look short of pace and thanks for highlighting the 50s.too..

                        Comment


                        • Just added - Capodanno 66s to win today and the supreme on hills

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dannycraigpirates View Post
                            Just added - Capodanno 66s to win today and the supreme on hills
                            ....looking like 50-1 already.

                            Hills have cut Capodanno to 40-1 for Supreme & into 20-1 (from 25-1) in their a/r market.

                            Comment


                            • What are people’s thoughts on Does He Know for Kim Bailey?

                              KB seems to have a good few nice horses this year. Not sure whether they would go Ballymore or AB. To me he looks like he keeps finding and finding, especially the last run at Cheltenham where he won by 3 lengths in the grade 2 ballymore trial. He was giving Skeltons mare 10lbs as well. The run before that has also had a boost with Mignight River coming out and winning at Leicester next time.

                              Course form with 2 wins under his belt recently. I think he could be a big player in the Albert Bartlett. I just don’t think he’ll have the speed to match something with a turn of foot in the Ballymore. PP have him priced 33/1 for both races but I’m leaning more for the Bartlett.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
                                What are people’s thoughts on Does He Know for Kim Bailey?

                                KB seems to have a good few nice horses this year. Not sure whether they would go Ballymore or AB. To me he looks like he keeps finding and finding, especially the last run at Cheltenham where he won by 3 lengths in the grade 2 ballymore trial. He was giving Skeltons mare 10lbs as well. The run before that has also had a boost with Mignight River coming out and winning at Leicester next time.

                                Course form with 2 wins under his belt recently. I think he could be a big player in the Albert Bartlett. I just don’t think he’ll have the speed to match something with a turn of foot in the Ballymore. PP have him priced 33/1 for both races but I’m leaning more for the Bartlett.
                                I like him a lot he has a bit of extra experience being a second season novice as well. His 2 runs last season were encouraging enough losing to Milkwood and House Island who are both solid enough horses. This season like you say he just seems to stay and stay. I'd have him down as a Bartlett horse I backed him at 50s for it and think 33s is still more than fair. He ticks a lot of boxes for me with him experience and course form.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X