Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival 2021 - Horses Targets/Trainer Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
    ....Hobbs favouring Brown Advisory for Sporting John:

https://www.attheraces.com/news/2021...-sporting-john
    I really can’t get my head around the Brown Advisory being what was the RSA

Comment

• Originally posted by Ballyfitz View Post

I really can’t get my head around the Brown Advisory being what was the RSA
      Yeah I think that's why they've insisted on the Browns Advisory Novices Chase as the title...

Comment

• I reckon I'll be calling it the RSA for a few years yet before I can bring myself to call it this.
        Last edited by Spectre; 24 February 2021, 09:05 AM.
        Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Couldn’t find a link to all Mullins horses, I know some have posted snippets but this is comprehensive...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
            https://www.racingtv.com/news/the-20...ns-stable-tour

Couldn’t find a link to all Mullins horses, I know some have posted snippets but this is comprehensive...
            sounds like they are tempted by Cheltenham more so now with Colreevy, albeit every stable tour/article is worded differently and can be interpreted in many ways.

Comment

• Any J.O.B quotes yet for the festival. I am really interested with Keskonrisk. I dont think he was put in handicaps? So its still just Sup or Bally only. Maybe 70:30 ??

Comment

• Mullins said: "Kemboy hasn't a great record in Cheltenham and I think that could be down to me and a bit of bad luck. The first year he ran he fell at the first, and last year for some reason I told Patrick (Mullins, jockey) not to make it (the running) as Patrick wanted to make it.

"I can't remember the reason why I told him but Patrick feels that was the reason he disappointed last year.

"I think he should go for the Gold Cup with different riding instructions - I'll have to have a word with myself!

"We'll see about who is going to ride him in the Gold Cup but I think the idea would be to be more forward this year."

Comment

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                  Mullins said: "Kemboy hasn't a great record in Cheltenham and I think that could be down to me and a bit of bad luck. The first year he ran he fell at the first, and last year for some reason I told Patrick (Mullins, jockey) not to make it (the running) as Patrick wanted to make it.

"I can't remember the reason why I told him but Patrick feels that was the reason he disappointed last year.

"I think he should go for the Gold Cup with different riding instructions - I'll have to have a word with myself!

"We'll see about who is going to ride him in the Gold Cup but I think the idea would be to be more forward this year."
                  Think I'd ask for last year's GC entry fee and travelling costs back after a quote like that !!

Comment

• Henderson stable tour: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/horse...nicky-23564218

Comment

• ...Mullins on his weekend runners:

Our star columnist is back to look ahead to another big weekend with Cialos Emery among his team for Naas on Sunday.

Comment

• Does anyone know the intended target for Teahupoo ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pendil1111 View Post
                          Does anyone know the intended target for Teahupoo ?
                          On here? Obviously not!

Do you think owner/trainer knew before today?

Do you think they know now?

Surely they want wto see the weight?

Would we know?

Before the handicap mark comes out?

Come on......what are you hoping for?

I apologise in advance as of course that will come across rude.... and it is rude.... I don't mean it to be, I just would say it to your face.
                          Last edited by Kevloaf; 28 February 2021, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

On here? Obviously not!

Do you think owner/trainer knew before today?

Do you think they know now?

Surely they want wto see the weight?

Would we know?

Before the handicap mark comes out?

Come on......what are you hoping for?

I apologise in advance as of course that will come across rude.... and it is rude.... I don't mean it to be, I just would say it to your face.
                            I only wondered if anything was said after the race , you can be as rude as you want to be not that it matters much to me as it's a don't know in an attempt at humour sort of way !

Comment

I only wondered if anything was said after the race , you can be as rude as you want to be not that it matters much to me as it's a don't know in an attempt at humour sort of way !
                              Elliott said he might be kept at home and go to fairyhouse, he will chat to the owners first. The fact they cannot travel to chelt to watch the racing may have a big influence on him not going was another point he made.

Comment

Does anyone know the intended target for Teahupoo ?
                                He mentioned both juvenile races, the supreme, and a race at Fairyhouse after Cheltenham.
                                I like the horse and after some thought i decided to back him for Supreme NRNB, i am thinking one of his juveniles will go there.

Comment

Working...
                                X