Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2021 - Ante Post Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ....of the 20 Festival races in Oddschecker, just five favourites are under 4-1 in the betting. Not sure if it was as open last year.

Comment

• What does anyone think of Marie's rock chance of turning up in the fighting fifth? I see she's 25/1 which would be a fantastic each way price, problem being shes 9/4 favourite for a handicap at Newcastle on the same day. I'd love her to take on epatante, I dont expect she would beat her at this stage of the season but I'd fancy her to give a big run

Comment

• Originally posted by aalowe9 View Post
        What does anyone think of Marie's rock chance of turning up in the fighting fifth? I see she's 25/1 which would be a fantastic each way price, problem being shes 9/4 favourite for a handicap at Newcastle on the same day. I'd love her to take on epatante, I dont expect she would beat her at this stage of the season but I'd fancy her to give a big run
        She won't ; Hendo said it last week she is going for the GF. I think he said it was an 'optimistic' entry something along those lines

Comment

• Does anyone know when the first handicap prices should start to appear for those not yet priced up? I seem to remember sky bet going early last year but can’t recall when it was

Comment

• Donn McClean paid a visit to the yard of Peter Fahey to get the latest on his team of winter horses including the popular Peregrine Run.

Peter Fahey - no gypsy island mentioned , take that as not good news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
              https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/...TABLETOUR_2411

Peter Fahey - no gypsy island mentioned , take that as not good news.
              Yep. It doesn't look good does it. It's the reason I backed Shewearsitwell and she could still be good value at 6/1. The current 2nd and 3rd favs look very unlikely to turn up which means the next in the betting is around 16/1. Mullins may well have a few others lurking but it's nearly December now and we haven't sighted one or heard of one.

Comment

• Sorry to sound like a dick, but any chance we can restrain ourselves from commenting on the "Out for the season" thread unless its too report an actual update on a new one? Heart cant take that shit lol sorry to also sound like a scam bag RIP

Comment

• It is going to take all of my will-power not to do a kenny alexander trixie. Wouldnt it be great if he had the winners of the 3 mares races.

I definitely will do it. I am such a tart.

Just going to wait for Elfile to get an entry over fences first. There is no entries for her at the moment but really hoping she is out soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
                    It is going to take all of my will-power not to do a kenny alexander trixie. Wouldnt it be great if he had the winners of the 3 mares races.

I definitely will do it. I am such a tart.

Just going to wait for Elfile to get an entry over fences first. There is no entries for her at the moment but really hoping she is out soon.
                    Haha no harm at all Hardy.

Even better just chuck a free bet on it and then there’s no need to think about it

Comment

• Some very exciting races happening in Ireland over the weekend, could enhance or derail a number of festival antepost bets. Who do you think will enhance and who do you think will get derailed??

I’m hoping for big performances from Captain Guineas, Allaho and Chosen Mate

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                        Some very exciting races happening in Ireland over the weekend, could enhance or derail a number of festival antepost bets. Who do you think will enhance and who do you think will get derailed??

That'll do me too ! Think Chosen Mate will need the run though as he did miss a few weeks with a nasty cut.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                          Some very exciting races happening in Ireland over the weekend, could enhance or derail a number of festival antepost bets. Who do you think will enhance and who do you think will get derailed??

TKP, love your posts .... but Chosen
                          Mate ????? woooowwweeee.

He has no chance in winning a QMCC. None. Literally none. None. Zero.

Not literally, obviously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Un De Sceaux View Post

TKP, love your posts .... but Chosen
                            Mate ????? woooowwweeee.

He has no chance in winning a QMCC. None. Literally none. None. Zero.

Not literally, obviously.
                            On a line through Greaneteen he has a chance . He'll probably need today's race as he missed work but if he gets within 4/5 lengths of Chacun it'll be a decent run. He's much better in the Spring on Spring ground and he has the big advantage of being a Fez winner. He's a good outside bet in an open looking race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

On a line through Greaneteen he has a chance .
                              Do you not believe yesterdays run confirmed Grenaateen is not a G1 horse and therefore a poor yardtsick ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

On a line through Greaneteen he has a chance . He'll probably need today's race as he missed work but if he gets within 4/5 lengths of Chacun it'll be a decent run. He's much better in the Spring on Spring ground and he has the big advantage of being a Fez winner. He's a good outside bet in an open looking race.
                                Does that not assume Greanateen hasn't improved since last season?

You don't think Greanateen this season is running to the same level as last season do you?

Even then, Greanateen was shown to be below that level?

Chosen Mate is at Cash Back's level, not CPS's IMO.

I don't expect them to be winning today or factors in March.

Taking Greanateen's defeat yesterday as a form franking for Chosen Mate is a bit windy?

Comment

Working...
                                X