Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2021 - Ante Post Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve read it here before but can’t find it. What’s a bigger tracker than ATR. I heard there was one the that notifies you when a horse is entered and gets the alerts out much quicer

Comment

• Originally posted by 7barrows View Post
      I’ve read it here before but can’t find it. What’s a bigger tracker than ATR. I heard there was one the that notifies you when a horse is entered and gets the alerts out much quicer
      Find the latest horseracing results, race cards, statistics, news, race courses, betting on irishracing.com

Comment

• Originally posted by 7barrows View Post
        I’ve read it here before but can’t find it. What’s a bigger tracker than ATR. I heard there was one the that notifies you when a horse is entered and gets the alerts out much quicer
        Racing TV one does that

Comment

• Appears that sports venues are angling at getting to 60% capacity. Festival is close to 70K so looking at 40K on this basis. As a member I joined the zoom call when Ian Renton stated that last year Cheltenham had c8K full members so allowing for a increase this year this would leave c£30K tickets available. No idea how they plan to sell on this basis though but if you are not a member I suspect you need to buy as soon as they come out!

Comment

• Originally posted by Platty View Post
            Appears that sports venues are angling at getting to 60% capacity. Festival is close to 70K so looking at 40K on this basis. As a member I joined the zoom call when Ian Renton stated that last year Cheltenham had c8K full members so allowing for a increase this year this would leave c£30K tickets available. No idea how they plan to sell on this basis though but if you are not a member I suspect you need to buy as soon as they come out!
            Great news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Platty View Post
              Appears that sports venues are angling at getting to 60% capacity. Festival is close to 70K so looking at 40K on this basis. As a member I joined the zoom call when Ian Renton stated that last year Cheltenham had c8K full members so allowing for a increase this year this would leave c£30K tickets available. No idea how they plan to sell on this basis though but if you are not a member I suspect you need to buy as soon as they come out!
              There were 8000 members, but 1200 of them were Members excluding the Festival.
              So that under 7000 members who go to the Festival.

It’s in the sports venues interest to angle for as many as they want, but it’s probably most unlikely to be 40,000 at Cheltenham under any form of social distancing, it wouldn’t be much more use than full capacity, for stopping the spread of virus.
              Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 9 September 2020, 10:09 AM.
              "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Pointless trying to second guess anything but if we assume there will be some sort of crowd, whatever they end up letting in above members, you can almost guarantee hospitality and such like will be first in line. I wonder what numbers they usually make up?
                I've only ever been there for the festival, which meets/attendance levels have a 'spread out' sort of feel to them?

York for example always feels like it has plenty of room for the 10k sort of crowds the Dante meet gets.

Comment

• Dont know where to put this but word of warning, i went through my betting history this afternoon during the build up to cheltenham...NEVER change your mind and cash out bets .although i won on the bet on another betting account i cashed out Imperial Aura and The Conditional double it paid 4 figures, i won close to 4 figures on day 1 so was over the moon anyway..but this could of made the week a proper memorable one. Ive now decided with 100% conviction i am not changing my mind on ante post bets so i may strictly stick to skybet where i cant possibly get out of the bet..its sickening to go through and see it..but these are lessons!

Comment

• Anyone on here ever been to hospitality in the big house at the bottom of the course with the marquee and screens to watch the racing. Think that might be very popular if fez is behind closed doors !

Comment

• Not Cheltenham but a standout price of 25/1 with Unibet on PISTA to win the Prix Royallieu if anyone is interested, it’s written up on the Flat Racing Thread (Antepost thread), and the bookies will probably correct the price to around 10/1 very soon.

Pista continued her progression when powering home in impressive fashion to win the bet365 Park Hill Fillies’ Stakes at Doncaster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                        Not Cheltenham but a standout price of 25/1 with Unibet on PISTA to win the Prix Royallieu if anyone is interested, it’s written up on the Flat Racing Thread (Antepost thread), and the bookies will probably correct the price to around 10/1 very soon.

http://www.irishracing.com/news?head...en&prid=211605
                        Still 16/1 with Unibet.

Lucky you aren't getting a ban tipping flat horses in THE Cheltenham Ante Post thread SW!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Still 16/1 with Unibet.

Lucky you aren't getting a ban tipping flat horses in THE Cheltenham Ante Post thread SW!

Wanted to reach the widest audiences whilst the 25’s was there.

Comment

Still 16/1 with Unibet.

7/1 now with Unibet Kev, and 10/1 top price on Oddscheckers main bookmakers.

Coral and Ladbrokes 16/1 has also shrunk to 9s and 10s too.

It’s collapsed as quickly as I thought it would.

I hope some Fat Jockeys got the chance to follow me in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                              7/1 now with Unibet Kev, and 10/1 top price on Oddscheckers main bookmakers.

Coral and Ladbrokes 16/1 has also shrunk to 9s and 10s too.

It’s collapsed as quickly as I thought it would.

I hope some Fat Jockeys got the chance to follow me in.
                              Aye, well done SW

Clearly a rick.

Comment

Aye, well done SW

Clearly a rick.
                                Yep, and I was lucky to spot in in my trawl through the antepost market, 2 hours after Pista won, when I had climbed down from the Peak District hills I was walking in on Thursday afternoon. Thankfully the rick lasted 3 hours
                                Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 12 September 2020, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X