Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2021 - Ante Post Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do people think of the 8/1 for Envoi to remain unbeaten this season? (8's with Sky, 4's with WH)

Keep looking at it thinking it going to look huge come the end of the season.
    Likely to not face a whole pile of competition until Cheltenham and even at that could face a small field with a lot of the good looking novices likely to go over 2m or 3m at the fes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
      What do people think of the 8/1 for Envoi to remain unbeaten this season? (8's with Sky, 4's with WH)

Likely to not face a whole pile of competition until Cheltenham and even at that could face a small field with a lot of the good looking novices likely to go over 2m or 3m at the fes.
      That looks a good price to me. You have the added insurance that if he wins 3 times and then picks up an injury, you'll be paid out.

Comment

What do people think of the 8/1 for Envoi to remain unbeaten this season? (8's with Sky, 4's with WH)

Errm, I feel like those bets aren't worth waiting for...

We know the main target is Cheltenham.... then they might get creative afterwards with nothing to lose?

Don't get me wrong, I don't anticipate him losing, but it's a long wait for an 8/1 shot?

Comment

• Not really a fan of these sort of bets, I'm sure someone will work out what accumulatives odds you may get for him over 3-5 runs (or what ever people will think he will run this season) based on previous horses with same profile and find this doesnt off too much value

4's is a joke

8's... hmmmmmmmmm. From the face of it, this looks too big but as usual, will keep an eye on what others thing on here

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Errm, I feel like those bets aren't worth waiting for...

We know the main target is Cheltenham.... then they might get creative afterwards with nothing to lose?

Don't get me wrong, I don't anticipate him losing, but it's a long wait for an 8/1 shot?
            Yeah understandable, it is a wait ; it's one of those bets where for me you either get stuck in too for a few points or leave it alone.
            1 run at 3m is likely to be as creative as they get though.
            Just think its may be overpriced even at as short as 8/1

Comment

Ballyadam & EA to go unbeaten is 80/1. BA could be anything of course but the yard think an awful lot of him and doubt they’ll give him much of a test pre Cheltenham.

Comment

Yeah understandable, it is a wait ; it's one of those bets where for me you either get stuck in too for a few points or leave it alone.
                1 run at 3m is likely to be as creative as they get though.
                Just think its may be overpriced even at as short as 8/1
                It's 8/1 for:

1/2
                1/2
                Even
                Even

So I suppose you have to guess what odds you think he'll go off for his debut, a prep run, the Marsh then one other run..... if he ran a 5th time I don't think you'd be getting 'value' although he could start much shorter in any of the given other runs.

Pretty unlikely he's loads shorter than Even for the Marsh, even if he's head and shoulders the best?

As I said, it's not for me, as I don't think there is loads of juice in the price.... but I do expect it to win still!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  It's 8/1 for:

1/2
                  1/2
                  Even
                  Even
                  Last Seasons SP

1/4
                  8/11
                  1/4
                  4/7

Comment

• If Envoi looks really good though.
                    He may only run twice before cheltenham.
                    Then get put away after job done at cheltenham.

The Gold cup is the end game.
                    This would be a possibility, although I'd imagine 3 prep runs is the norm for Gordon. Unless they miss one thorough ground or something else.
                    I could definitely see him put away after cheltenham though.

Comment

Honestly......bookies love those sort of bets which is why they dangle a nice looking carrot. So much can happen in a racehorses life that just nailing 1 good win from them is a blessing........3 or more with no blemishes.........don't do it. That's my personal view of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                        Honestly......bookies love those sort of bets which is why they dangle a nice looking carrot. So much can happen in a racehorses life that just nailing 1 good win from them is a blessing........3 or more with no blemishes.........don't do it. That's my personal view of course.
                        But, surely those that have backed at shorter than 8- 1 for the Marsh are expecting much the same.
                        Especially backers at 4-1.
                        I know it depends on the hiccup, but most hiccup's are likely to affect the price adversely.

This bet could win after winning three less competitive races in prep and he then misses the Fez altogether.

Comment

Last Seasons SP

1/4
                          8/11
                          1/4
                          4/7
                          Fair enough..... no real reason the prices wouldn't mirror that again...

Even with a 5th run (unlikely) it's probably the same.

So I suppose it just comes back to waiting until May for a payout at 8/1.

It's not for me as I know I wouldn't put a big stake on it.... but it's not a bad bet... it's just not for me.

Do it, and when you're spending the winnings in May, make sure you rub my nose in it when I'm broke after backing a Guineas Fav at evens that flops.

Comment

• Is there not a chance he'll run after the festival too, he didn't have the chance to this season so I don't know if it was an option.

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
                              Is there not a chance he'll run after the festival too, he didn't have the chance to this season so I don't know if it was an option.
                              I think he's very likely to go for the Grade 1 - 3m race at Punchestown at the end of the season.... could meet a good horse there? (Whoever wins the RSA?)

Comment

• Here we go again... last year I was particularly burned by this horse as he had been subject to some glowing reports preseason. If he hacks up here I'll be majorly pissed off,
                                4.38 Tramore - Hamundarson

Comment

Working...
                                X