Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2022 Browns Advisory Novices (3m) Chase - ex RSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray View Post
    I actually liked your darlings run today…his hurdle form
    is not very good but it was a totally diferet horse today! And with his big reputation he may actually start proving himself, he travelled well throuhh the whole race and took it off the leader with no worries at all then pulled away piss easy..i really liked it and id imagine he will get further..id have him as an each way bet for this but failing that hes in the tracker and msybe hes got other targets
    Tbf his reputation only got big because he beat Flintur Sacre on debut. That hasn’t turned out good form

Comment

Originally posted by Winging The Last View Post

Tbf his reputation only got big because he beat Flintur Sacre on debut. That hasn’t turned out good form
      Didn’t Hen compare him to Best Mate or something similar too?

Comment

Originally posted by Stormez View Post

Yes.
        Henrietta Knight heaped praise on Newbury winner Your Darling, labelling Lord Vestey's charge "as good a horse as Best Mate".

He was impressive and looked a natural over fences (unlike Ballyadam) and Ben Pauling suggested he wasn't really fit for his debut so should improve again for the run.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormez View Post

Yes…. Your Darling was a hype horse last season and proved to be an expensive flop over hurdles off the back of an impressive bumper win. I got my fingers burnt backing him a few times but that was much better today. There didn’t appear that much confidence pre race but he did well and hopefully will be the start of a better season for Ben Pauling who experienced a dire time last year.

I rushed to back Your Darling at 16/1 in their TWAR market immediately after today’s race after failing to find him anywhere else. Probably average value at best but I couldn’t find him priced up anywhere when I checked after the race as most bookies would have condemned him to the rubbish heap like me but maybe the old adage ‘he’s a real
          chaser in the making’ may ring true this season for Your Darling
          Last edited by The King Pimm; 12 October 2021, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
            I rushed to back Your Darling at 16/1 in their TWAR market immediately after today’s race after failing to find him anywhere else. Probably average value at best but I couldn’t find him priced up anywhere when I checked after the race as most bookies would have condemned him to the rubbish heap like me but maybe the old adage ‘he’s a real
            chaser in the making’ may ring true this season for Your Darling
            For anyone else interested Your Darling I have just seen that Hills have him in their any race market at 33/1

Comment

Originally posted by Halffat1 View Post

For anyone else interested Your Darling I have just seen that Hills have him in their any race market at 33/1
              Won well for me yesterday and did a nice roll up with Bravemansgame, but I think he’d need to frank the form before I get stuck in for the Festival. Also, not sure whether he’d end up going?

Comment

Good spot. I put small bet on boosted to 37/1

Comment

Cheers Halfatt, I’ll contact Bet 365 to see if they can price him up for the BAN as a cash out option is preferable but off the back of yesterday’s performance it’s a likely possibility

Comment

Gars De Sceaux my sneaky lurker in this market, I’m all in on GDC already but he’d be one I can see improving massively for big obstacles!

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                      Gars De Sceaux my sneaky lurker in this market, I’m all in on GDC already but he’d be one I can see improving massively for big obstacles!
                      First GDC, then GDM and now GDS. All big potential but it’s The Big Breakaway vs The Big Getaway all over again this

Comment

Looked a proper stayer the last day too against some half decent ones in the mud in navan galloping all over them running down to the last.

Have him & farouk D’Alene down as Gordon’s likely best 2 for the staying novice chases this season. But would love to see fury road take on a fence was disappointed he left out of today’s stable tour as I know there had been rumours of a novice Chase campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by ToniC View Post

Looked a proper stayer the last day too against some half decent ones in the mud in navan galloping all over them running down to the last.

Have him & farouk D’Alene down as Gordon’s likely best 2 for the staying novice chases this season. But would love to see fury road take on a fence was disappointed he left out of today’s stable tour as I know there had been rumours of a novice Chase campaign.
                          I have my doubts about Fury Road seeing out 3m around Cheltenham Tonic

Comment

I have my doubts about Fury Road seeing out 3m around Cheltenham Tonic
                            What makes you think that mate? Looked no issue for him in the spud race as a novice hurdler, he just looked out of form to me more than anything last season, even when winning at Christmas in Limerick he was very workmanlike though you can probably mark that up given what the horse back in second come out and did

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post

First GDC, then GDM and now GDS. All big potential but it’s The Big Breakaway vs The Big Getaway all over again this
                              True Charlie these triple barrel names are getting too popular for my liking, but what TBB & TBG had against them was being sired by Getaway give me a Saddler Maker any day of the week!

Comment

Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                                Was impressed with BMG today, but some prices being branded around are just absolutely stupendous. Normally at this stage of the season I have around 50 bets with Hills on average. This year I have 15. They must of took a massive whack last season, as general market prices and especially any race market prices are diabolical.
                                I’m exactly the same GB, even down to the 50+ v 10-15. Their prices in the TWAR in particular shriek of a bookie who don’t want to take a bet. I’d have thought markets that are 6months away are ideal for a bookie, the equivalent of being a dealer at blackjack - you only have to act once you’ve seen the hands of the players. Hills seem reluctant to here anyone hit on a card!

Comment

Working...
                                X