Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

2022 Browns Advisory Novices (3m) Chase - ex RSA

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    I have precisely zero any race bets. There is quite literally no value. I'd rather back for more than one race at the prices, and then cash out based on what my eyes tell me. If I get caught on one or two so be it. They won't all win anyway, and the upside in the better odds overall will more than compensate anyway.

    The only hope I have for any value in the any race market is when the handicaps start to form in the new year.
    Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
      Gars De Sceaux my sneaky lurker in this market, I’m all in on GDC already but he’d be one I can see improving massively for big obstacles!
      Would you not be worried he seemed to excel in the deep ground the last twice? I'd like to see how he goes on decent ground before backing him personally but definitely on my radar if he can act on it.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Spectre View Post
        I have precisely zero any race bets. There is quite literally no value. I'd rather back for more than one race at the prices, and then cash out based on what my eyes tell me. If I get caught on one or two so be it. They won't all win anyway, and the upside in the better odds overall will more than compensate anyway.

        The only hope I have for any value in the any race market is when the handicaps start to form in the new year.
        Any Race without cashout is often burnt money.

        I'm not considering any of them, least of all backing one in case they drop into a handicap.

        Better to stick to cashout bookies and back in more than one race at the prices, as you say.

        Its good in a way to see no value, nothing to be tempted with.
        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

        Comment


        • #79
          Guys I think you all missed it, but Farouk D'Alene confirmed for novice chasing

          here we...here we....here we fucking go

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by robith View Post
            Guys I think you all missed it, but Farouk D'Alene confirmed for novice chasing

            here we...here we....here we fucking go
            Not sure I missed it......just don't see him fitting in anywhere.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Lobos View Post

              Not sure I missed it......just don't see him fitting in anywhere.
              He did beat vanillier who bolted up in the bartlett so the ability is there

              hes one id need to see jump a fence as if he jumps to the right like he did at times over hurdles id have no interest
              Last edited by FinalFurlong91; 14 October 2021, 11:00 AM.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Lobos View Post

                Not sure I missed it......just don't see him fitting in anywhere.
                My fanatical belief in FDA kinda became a bit of a meme in the early FJF yankees for this year Lobos....just trying to kept Middle_Of_March out of hiding

                Comment


                • #83
                  Tizzard stable tour re Oscar Elite

                  ”He was our best novice hurdler last season and was second at Cheltenham and third at Aintree. There is a two mile seven furlong novice chase at Cheltenham on October 23 he could possibly go for but he would want a bit of cut in the ground. There is also another race at Chepstow - a novice limited handicap - in a couple of weeks but he is ready to run, and we just want the ground for him. I think he will be a better chaser than he was a hurdler, and he is an exciting novice chaser going into the season. Hopefully he will end up becoming a RSA horse. He is doing nothing wrong and we look forward to getting him started.”

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Noticed loads of runners in the novice chases over here this week.
                    Close some tracks down and reduce the meetings.
                    like flogging a dead horse

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by robith View Post

                      My fanatical belief in FDA kinda became a bit of a meme in the early FJF yankees for this year Lobos....just trying to kept Middle_Of_March out of hiding
                      Ha! This is the news we were waiting for! FDA for the lot!

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        For anyone interested I’ve had Your Darling added to this market with Bet 365 at 50/1 currently

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Ahoy Senior entered in a 2 and a half novice chase at Carlisle next Thursday

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Great news. It's a good idea to start him off short of 3 miles FTO. Just had him in a trixie with Gin on Lime (MC) & Flooring Porter,before the 40's disappears.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Winging The Last View Post
                              Ahoy Senior entered in a 2 and a half novice chase at Carlisle next Thursday
                              Was going to back him today but may wait now as 2 1/2 will be on the short side for him and being first time up he'll need the race. It looks quite a hot little contest also if most stand their ground. Going to risk it, look to see if he can jump and see if his odds go out. The going is pretty quick there ATM so that's not ideal .
                              Last edited by Lobos; 16 October 2021, 11:26 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                The trouble is Lobos, the bookies only have to see an entry to cut them this year. That said the "small" trainer may protect the price.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X